Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huzzah, a correct place to throw these pictures (Cursed Armalite thread!)

1230697151.jpg

1230667307.jpg

1230667094.jpg

I wish I had a real camera, and not a cellphone... :(

It's an A&K SR25, I've yet to get rid of the F/A markings... It's been given a new spring, and is at 380 fps now with .2g bb's, and I have a Systema Tightbore and Firefly in it. Stock flipup sights, MagPul rail covers. I'll get her first fielding on Saturday.

Looking towards more upgrades though, including: Promy tightbore, M3 Scope, Delta cheek rest, harris bipod, and some high rise scope rings (very interested in the laser scope rings)

Edited by Versus
  • 2 weeks later...

I would have mentioned the receiver but nobody even makes the correct one yet. Even the G&P M110 receiver is wrong, and it hasn't been released yet. I've been on back order for a month. <_< The G&P KAC stock is technically wrong too, the new M110's have a hand tightening knob on them. Go G&P!! Just half-*albatross* everything, we'll still buy it!!! lol

I hope somebody comes out with an M110 suppressor soon or I'm gonna have one machined out of a chunk of aluminum.

It still needs correct pistol grip, scope and URX. KAC stock does not an M110 make.

Having taken the build from my friends own personal weapon (101st Airborne) I would have to beg to differ. US Snipers can change the grip to whichever they prefer and, whilst a leupold is the scope supplied by the Army, the sniper can replace it with one of their own should they so wish (and as long as their own CO approves it). The only thing different on mine is the LAM unit, there's no way I can get the military issue unit he has, the company are not even allowed to export outside the US.

And I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the receiver ? The SR25 is the CIVILIAN designation of the weapon, The Army call is an M110 (previously XM110), whilst the US Navy/USMC call is the Mark 11 Mod 0 (albeit without the KAC extendable stock.) I will accept that it does not carry trades. None of my weapons do. I'm not a wannabe, purely do it for fun.

Edited by DLT
Having taken the build from my friends own personal weapon (101st Airborne) I would have to beg to differ. US Snipers can change the grip to whichever they prefer and, whilst a leupold is the scope supplied by the Army, the sniper can replace it with one of their own should they so wish (and as long as their own CO approves it). The only thing different on mine is the LAM unit, there's no way I can get the military issue unit he has, the company are not even allowed to export outside the US.

And I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the receiver ? The SR25 is the CIVILIAN designation of the weapon, The Army call is an M110 (previously XM110), whilst the US Navy/USMC call is the Mark 11 Mod 0 (albeit without the KAC extendable stock.) I will accept that it does not carry trades. None of my weapons do. I'm not a wannabe, purely do it for fun.

In which case, you've made not a m110, but actually a MK11 mod 0 rifle. The M110 comes with a KAC URX rather than a KAC FF rail

True, I bought my own ACOG to use in theater since I was a DM and some of the guys with me used magpul grips and stocks. However your receiver is marked for full auto and does not have an abmi-selector, magazine release and bolt stop. Also as Whan stated the M110 uses the KAC URX rail. There are just too many differences to call it a M110 or even an XM110.

Anyways, does anyone have news on the G&P or Ares M110s? Both of them should have been released already. :(

True, I bought my own ACOG to use in theater since I was a DM and some of the guys with me used magpul grips and stocks. However your receiver is marked for full auto and does not have an abmi-selector, magazine release and bolt stop. Also as Whan stated the M110 uses the KAC URX rail. There are just too many differences to call it a M110 or even an XM110.

Anyways, does anyone have news on the G&P or Ares M110s? Both of them should have been released already. :(

So ... as the G&P M110 also has a full-auto capability I assume from what you're saying that isn't an M110 either ?

Also, Whan, slight error on your part there bud, The Mk11Mod0 has niether the adjustable stock nor a suppressor. Neither the USNavy nor Marines wanted it fitted within the XM110 trials.

Edited by DLT