Mayonaise on chips....

Ghost_Rider

Is it ok to put mayonaise on chips in the same manner as ketchup?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok to put mayonaise on chips in the same manner as ketchup?

• Yes
    • No
    • You're just sick, aren't you?
    • It's better than ketchup!

I lived in Germany for 5 years. The German version of a Fish and Chip shop is called a Schnell-Imbiss (Quick Break). When you ask for some Pommes (Chips), the guy behind the counters actually asks you if you want mayo on your chips! It's normal out there. I've been doing it ever since! Oh, curry sauce in your Bratwurst is another winner!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mayo on chips. Mmmmm

Sweetcorn relish on chips. Mmmmm

Ketchup on chips. Mmmmm

Barbecue relish on chips. Mmmmm

Sweet n Sour Sauce on chips. Mmmmm

Strawberry jam on chips. Mmmmm

I see a connection here!

Fact is, chips are pretty tasteless things. All they are is a means of conveyance of vinegar/salt/sauces/relishes/jams etc from your plate to your mouth. If you like the sauce, youll like it on chips. Simple as.

And dont tell me noone hasnt tried jam/marmalade on chips. Please tell me Im normal.

I'm having a hard time swapping fries for chips at this time of night, err morning. I can't help picture a wavy Lays dipped in mayo.

Anyway, I hate mayonnaise. For the amount of white death that it is, it's not very tasty. I know a guy that puts mayo on everything though. Everything. Shudders and does Whole Nine Yards impression.

I'm having a hard time swapping fries for chips at this time of night, err morning.  I can't help picture a wavy Lays dipped in mayo.

Anyway, I hate mayonnaise.  For the amount of white death that it is, it's not very tasty.  I know a guy that puts mayo on everything though.  Everything.  Shudders and does Whole Nine Yards impression.

An American who calls them chips!

I really need a *worship* emoticon right about now.

Erm, actually, I don't. I usually just call them potatoes, unless they're shoestring fast food type, or the thicker square like ones that are fried. Otherwise, tots, wedges and all others are potatoes. Bagged thin fried potatoes are chips for me. TBH, I see where chips and crisps could make more sense than fries and chips.

But if you'll worship me, I'll call them whatever you want me to. :)

I lived in Germany for 5 years. The German version of a Fish and Chip shop is called a Schnell-Imbiss (Quick Break). When you ask for some Pommes (Chips), the guy behind the counters actually asks you if you want mayo on your chips! It's normal out there. I've been doing it ever since! Oh, curry sauce in your Bratwurst is another winner!

Oh my...

I remember going to Germany a few years back (I think this was in Germany, not Holland...I've been to both...anyway...) and we found a Schnell-Imbiss. We decided to have lunch there, a group of 5 or 6 of us.

So, we order our stuff. A vegetarian friend orders a 'Super Chips'. Yes, it was actually called a 'Super Chips'.

It arrives.

It is a MASSIVE plate/bowl of chips, COVERED in ketchup, mayo AND curry sauce. It looked like someone had dumped bodily functions all over it. Anyway, he dug around in there to find some uncontaminated chips, when all of a sudden...

"HOLY F***ING S**T!" - there appears, lurking at the bottom, a sausage the size of the frickin' Bismark.

I think it took 15 minutes for us to stop crying with laughter, upon which the whole thing was dumped in the bin.

SUPER CHIPS NEVAR 4GET

I lived and worked in Rotterdam for a while and I can confirm that the Dutch (stoned or not) go for mayo big time with their 'chips' ... only they're not chips ... we're talking French Fries here. A very different thing to the British chip shop item.

Brit chips only need salt and vinegar to be perfect ... it's excusable to use ketchup at a push and maybe HP sauce (ironically now Dutch too).

Either way, mayo on any form of fried potato is just chavvy disgusting filth :waggle:

And what about mayo on doner kebabs? WTF is that about? ECH !!!! :blink:

D

Mayo on chips sound horrendous. I can just feel my arteries hardening at the very thought.

I go for Heinz Salad cream when I make chips. As the advert said: Any food tastes supreme, with Heinz Salad Cream.

saladcream.jpg

Yummy!!

Anything on chips (yes, chips, the only word for them I've heard used in person) is an abomination. The plain potato and salt flavor is enough for me, although I rarely eat non-flavored chips anyways.

Chili flavored pringles FTW!

Wrong type of chips :lol:

Mayo on chips sound horrendous. I can just feel my arteries hardening at the very thought.

I go for Heinz Salad cream when I make chips. As the advert said: Any food tastes supreme, with Heinz Salad Cream.

This man speaks the truth....I know because I've tried. (As a replacement fro coincidently ......For mayo ¬_¬)

Archived