Medal of Honor

[-=O=-]^{Woozie}

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weird that you guys hated airborne, i loved the way it felt on both my xbox and pc. my only problem was those storm troopers making the game feel really fake, but they take less than a full mag out of the MP44 to kill. but i do also wish that the upgrades weren't mandatory, if only because i didnt want a scope on my MP44. but it was reasonably accurate firing from the hip with the compensator.

i'm hoping that the game feels like airborn. i dont really care that you guys wont play it.

weird that you guys hated airborne, i loved the way it felt on both my xbox and pc. my only problem was those storm troopers making the game feel really fake, but they take less than a full mag out of the MP44 to kill. but i do also wish that the upgrades weren't mandatory, if only because i didnt want a scope on my MP44. but it was reasonably accurate firing from the hip with the compensator.

i'm hoping that the game feels like airborn. i dont really care that you guys wont play it.

You must be about the only person in the world who felt that way...

Probably weird that you liked it that much, rather than vice versa ;)

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Got to play this today for a bit, only in the multiplayer mode. Not a whole lot to say about it, really... it's fun, but not revolutionary or anything. It plays like a slightly more realistic MW2... there still seemed to be kill streak rewards of some sort (at one point I was calling in a rocket strike and at another I was issued - magically, from angels apparently – "match grade" ammo) but it was much less cartoonish and much less everything is happening all the time in your face whoooooooo! I was playing with about 10-12 players I believe.

Anyway, it was fun and I'll probably have another go at it later this week. I'm more interested in the single-player but that's not on show unfortunately.

Got to play this today for a bit, only in the multiplayer mode. Not a whole lot to say about it, really... it's fun, but not revolutionary or anything. It plays like a slightly more realistic MW2... there still seemed to be kill streak rewards of some sort (at one point I was calling in a rocket strike and at another I was issued - magically, from angels apparently – "match grade" ammo) but it was much less cartoonish and much less everything is happening all the time in your face whoooooooo! I was playing with about 10-12 players I believe.

Anyway, it was fun and I'll probably have another go at it later this week. I'm more interested in the single-player but that's not on show unfortunately.

WHAT! who do you work for that got you into E3? did you get to play around with the 3DS?

but anyway, after i heard that the only way to get beta access (opens tomorrow for those who have bad company 2 installed on the same computer) was to pre order the game, i ordered it yesterday. just waiting for the beta key redemption portal to open.

WHAT! who do you work for that got you into E3? did you get to play around with the 3DS?

but anyway, after i heard that the only way to get beta access (opens tomorrow for those who have bad company 2 installed on the same computer) was to pre order the game, i ordered it yesterday. just waiting for the beta key redemption portal to open.

Yeah, I'm on the board of directors of a game company, so I got a pass. But they sure have made them harder to get these days! I didn't play with the 3DS, portables have never been my cup of tea.

They have 4-5 stations set up at the EA booth and another similar setup in the Sony section.

tasty

well, i have been reading up on what is going to be in the beta and i first have to say that the 360 version has been pushed back to, hopefully, early next week but the date for the closure of the beta will be pushed back on all 3 platforms a equal number of days to make up for it.

well, each side will have 3 classes. rifleman, sniper and specops. in that order the primaries for opfor are the AK47 (yes, 47), the "SVD" (which is actually a SV-98, or SV-98-ish), and the AKS74u. for the tier 1 side; its the M16(dont know which model M16), M21 and a SOPMOD M4. both rifleman primaries have grenade launchers and the rest of the equipment includes "pistol,... ..., AT, C4, knife and hand grenades/smoke grenades".

IMHO, i think the insurgent side is a little scale tipping in the balance side. the SWS on their side is more powerful, and from some videos appears to be a 1 hit kill weapon. the AK47 could also be a more potent weapon in the videogame compared to the M16.

but what i'm liking is the new type of objective based game mode. there are 2 game modes in the beta and 2 maps. one game mode is "Team Assault", which is just TDM and the other is the cool one, called "Combat Mission". (the next few sentances are what i think combat mission is from the small description being "Combat Mission is an objective based game mode where Coalition forces are tasked to clear five consecutive objectives and the Insurgents must stop them from progressing") combat mission is basically just building clearing. the operators are sent to pre marked buildings one at a time to clear them out of opfor. the opfor find places in the building to hide, and then the operators breach and clear the building. i think it sounds pretty cool.

In the games I played, both teams had access to what seemed like the full assortment of weapons. As the insurgents I had no problem kitting out with an M16... maybe those were unlocks? I do miss the days of Counterstrike where you only had access to your side's guns... and if you got your hands on that M4 or AK, it became a prized possession to defend (literally) with your life! So I do hope they are unlocks or just in for the purposes of the demo.

There were also various LMGs (as part of the "rifleman" class), RPGs (as a secondary weapon... SF guys had either M203s or AT-4s depending on your primary), and several shotguns. Weapons also had "Veteran" versions, although I have no idea what that meant. But at least none of them were red tigerstripe! What was particularly fun and interesting was the PEQ laser zip-tied to the side of an AK handguard!

Yes, E3.

Not sure I'd call it more hectic than BC2... it's a little more arcade-style in terms of being more oriented towards team deathmatch, but I don't think it matches the insanity that I've often seen in Battlefield games. But then again I'm only playing with a small number of players.

I got to play MOH today at E3. It was very enjoyable, despite the fact that I was playing it on the unfamiliar PS3 controller. While it is basically a port of Bad Company 2, it feels a bit more refined. Almost like a blend between the good points of BFBC2 and MW2.

One thing that I really found interesting was the vast array of weapons a player could select from, in addition to customizability of the weapons themselves. For instance, with an M16, one can chose what type of optic (holo sight, scope, or ACOG-like scope) to use, what type of barrel accessory (stock barrel, suppressor) to use, and what type of bullet accessory (extra mag, high power ammunition, no bullet accessory) to use. For the MP7, instead of the holo sight a player is able to use a red dot, and can also use a laser module for a barrel accessory.

As said above, their were MANY weapons. Lots of LMGs and lots of assault rifles. I played with an M60, M249, M240, PKM, M16, M21, M4, MP7, AKS74u, AK47, RPG, SVD, mortar strike, C4 (for which the graphics were messed up, appearing as a bunch of black pixels), and M9. And there were others that I didn't get to try out. There were multiple sniper rifles that I missed out on.

I am very excited for the upcoming beta now that I've gotten a tease of it. If you liked Bad Company 2, you should definitely like this game. I believe the beta is coming out next Tuesday.

the beta is actually out now for PS3 and PC owners who also have bad company 2. the xbox 360 version ran into problems and was pushed back a week or so.

using the PC version, there are a *suitcase* ton of bugs. they obviously put out a build prior to the build shown at E3. the hit boxes are projected 30 feet in front of sprinting people and i normally find them hanging around the players geometry instead of in them. the server browser is pretty much completely broken, making me use the matchmaker that barely ever connects me to a server.

but hell, this is what a beta is for. im going to not play this again until i see a patch. hope they put it out, fixing at least the connection and hit box issues, for the 21st when everyone else starts taking up server space.

also, anyone with a key now should hold off on submitting it. in most cases the EA servers will tell you that your key is in use and not give you a beta key. they are currently working on it and EA even told gamestop to stop handing out codes in case the problem is that a hacker is trolling and stole all the keys.

EDIT: actually, according to EA twitter for medal of honor, the problem described in my last paragraph has been fixed. and they are working on the PS3 servers. where's the PC love?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived