Remember this guy?

tomster

I remember seeing this video (

) awhile ago and noticing that it was the same guy, since I did notice the transition over to another guy in the Redwolf videos. I figured he was offered a job or something at that other place, whether he was fired or quit working for Redwolf, and he took it.

I remember seeing this video (

) awhile ago and noticing that it was the same guy, since I did notice the transition over to another guy in the Redwolf videos.

The funny thing in that video is that if you watch it "carefully", you can see that he used a HK catalogue to protect the table when he was painting the camera :P

Seems a bit unfair to comment on the new guy's physical characteristics ... you don't see too many CK models on this forum either. It's easy to shoot down someone when you think they're not looking, but consider the possibility that he may be viewing these comments, they can be kinda hurtful.

Personality-wise, I prefer the new guy. The previous presenter may have injected more humor but it always bordered on the excessive and a bit crude. That said, the new guy could probably do with scaling back on the OTT personality/sarcasm/humor as well, and just be himself, behaving more naturally. Humor is okay, but I'd prefer more down to earth narration, and whenever he does that in his videos they come across better (to me).

*Just some constructive criticism*

No reason to bash Arclight, he seems like a good guy. I remember him from one of DarkLite's old video reviews of... something. What was it, some kind of smoke grenade? Or was it the Thunder Maul?

Just so you guys know, Arclight is an old softing friend of mine. I've known him for quite a few years and softed with him before he got the job at RW, and he's pretty much just like that. He's not putting anything on.

actually didnt know he did RW videos, i never really watched them, until about 5 minutes ago and was quite amused.

i have seen him do the DR videos in the past few months though, and thought he was ok.

on some of the RW videos, with him presenting, theres an alarming amount of confusion on whether hes japanese, and why is an asian guy able to speak with a british accent ¬_¬

personally, i can tell hes got an accent, but then i've heard alot of varying HK/BBC accents that never quite hit the fluency mark, but then again, theres a few that do.

new RW guy is ok, amusing in a different way, but i can tell he has a bit of accent too.

not that any of this matters lol

• 2 weeks later...

quite a few RW staff have left in the last few months and slightly off topic, here's another vid. also for DigitalRev.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs2WJVC2HZ4

also, the 'fake kai' featured in some of the more recent videos also came over from RW. and i know for sure nobody got fired ;)

Archived