WE M14 Gas Blowback Rifle

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update: already finished the V2 body of the mag. It's not perfect but should work.   Today I made the GHK style valve body but the inner hole got overbore because of the chips rubbing. Will tr

Just a quick heads up. Luke Branch, the WE-Tech sales rep replied to a comment on their Facebook page saying he has a working prototype of the Co2 mag on his desk.   Given WE's recent release of th

Can we finally have a real review? Thanks

Why build an EBR when they will be releasing an EBR model? From my understanding outside of the WE body your olny other option would be to modify an airsoft one or pop it in a real Sage kit.

I would like a shortened socom or socom 2 version, if nothing other than to have a GBB m14.

The gun is heavy. It's as heavy as a CA M249 with a box mag.

The gun functions with duster gas/134a/152a gas at 70+ degrees Fahrenheit. At that temperature, the gun shoots sub 320 FPS using .20g BBs with the gun cycling all the way.

I have not done rapid firing with the gun yet so I can not comment on accuracy/precision of consecutive shots.

The gun does have a hop unit/ hop bucking that is VERY similar to those of the TM Hi-Capa/1911 series. The hop dial can be fine tuned as it "clicks" into place. I can turn the hop off and have the BB kissing the ground after about 80 feet. Turning the hop half way (to all the way up) would get .20g BBs sky rocketing after about 40 feet. It has enough hop for whatever weight of BB you will want to use.

Blowback with duster/134a/152a gas is somewhat sluggish. It shoots about 8-9 rounds a second on full auto.

------------

Due to concerns about long term durability with green gas/propane...I will probably not be using those two propellants in reviewing the gun.

I have come across the teflon tape mod (where you just wrap a few layers of teflon tape on the hop bucking to create a better seal when the hop unit (shell type) clamps the bucking into place. Supposedly, you could squeeze out up to 30+ FPS out of the gun by just doing this mod. I have not tried it yet.

I will keep posting my findings about the rifle as I discover more things about it.

Since it sounds like it weighs about as much as a real M14, I'm curious about more models. Has anyone heard anything about roughly when the EBR will be available? How about an M14 SOCOM or SCAR-H? My team loves the M14 SOCOM, be it G&G, Echo 1, or TM, so naturally, they're very interested in this as well. If WE makes an M14 SOCOM, they may turn my few teammates who have GBBRs away from their AGMs and WAs.

Has anyone heard anything about roughly when the EBR will be available? How about an M14 SOCOM or SCAR-H?

The EBR is scheduled for around November. The SOCOM will come out later, maybe early next year. Nothing new about the SCAR-H though, which was to come out this year.

Regarding the M14 - it is great! There is no other airsoft gun with a recoil like this one! It is heavy, it rocks and it is unique. What more can you ask for?!?

€: @DRAGON64

"Rotating" bolt cover would imply something like 90 degree rotation, where, in reality, it is maybe something like 20 degrees... I don't see any particular problem here, it just works. There are more moving parts than in any previous design, that's true. But since the original is more or less idiot proof, the copy will be also.

Edited by elchinator

Regarding the M14 - it is great! There is no other airsoft gun with a recoil like this one! It is heavy, it rocks and it is unique. What more can you ask for?!?

€: @DRAGON64

"Rotating" bolt cover would imply something like 90 degree rotation, where, in reality, it is maybe something like 20 degrees... I don't see any particular problem here, it just works. There are more moving parts than in any previous design, that's true. But since the original is more or less idiot proof, the copy will be also.

Thanks for the reply... I hope you do not mind that I copied your user banner. If not, thanks for creating it!

Gun chronoes around 260 FPS with .25g BBs (hop set) using PC Duster Gas (from walmart).

As far as accuracy goes, I really can't say as the BBs sail way above the front sight when the hop is set. I feel that for an accuracy test to be done (for 100ft shots or more)...one will need a scope.

well consistency and range would all I want to know. If you drop it in a bench rest and pull the trigger what size is the grouping, and when the hop is set correctly what is the farthest range you can get to consistently.

Will it hit ~250+ ft stock, will it hit a man sized target at that range?

Looked around for another review and found the following parts to be steel:

outer barrel, operating rod & charging handle, trigger guard assembly

And I read it does torso sized targets at 150 feet using green gas easily.

At least the op rod is steel, but could you confirm the material of the dummy bolt itself?

Looked around for another review and found the following parts to be steel:

outer barrel, operating rod & charging handle, trigger guard assembly

And I read it does torso sized targets at 150 feet using green gas easily.

At least the op rod is steel, but could you confirm the material of the dummy bolt itself?

The bolt carrier and bolt cover are potmetal.

The bolt stop is steel.

The flash hider is potmetal.

The mag outer shell is steel.

Rifle internal frame is steel.

Mag release and trigger itself is potmetal.

Single shot precision is freaking spot on, auto spread is very acceptable ( gonna check if after-market hop up rubber and vsr inner barrel gives better results ) with 2 inch groupings at ~25m ( couldn't test any further ). It chronoed 420fps@25C with a deviation of 5fps worst case scenario. No leaks whatsoever on the mags ... seriously, they are freakin great ( on mines at least ).

The bolt locked EVERY TIME on an empty mag. Be sure to insert the mag correctly or it will spill all gas. Receiver finish is a bit on the crappy side and my rear sight is very hard to adjust --'

For a synthetic stock, the finish is quite good! It provides gives a good grip and is very nice to the touch. The heatshield is absolute ###### though ...

Couldn't check anything more as of yet ...

Edited by danielsilva

I would suspect CD wouldn't be bad considering the gas reservoir size and limited BB capacity.

25m is ok range but if it's not able to hit something out at ~45-50m it's just not worth it as it can't sustain volume of fire to compete with other GBBRs and it can't reach out and touch people like a DMR/sniper can.

I understand your testing was limited, and that grouping is fantastic, but can't a highcappa shoot the same?

Edited by frogfish

25m is ok range but if it's not able to hit something out at ~45-50m it's just not worth it as it can't sustain volume of fire to compete with other GBBRs and it can't reach out and touch people like a DMR/sniper can.

It's my understanding that the magazine can be either 20 or 30 round capacity, depending on the installed spring. If this is the case, then it can keep up with any GBBR out there.

Also, I'd like to see test results with green gas and 0.30g BB's.

Ben.

The info is a bit confusing on the mag capacity, I'd like to hear more. Is it convertible or is it a permanent change, do you just pop out a follower, or do you need to modify something.

However from our earlier discussion compared to a 50 round mag logically it can't keep up, although it depends on the situation. Someone who holds off for a sure hit certainty will not have any problems but suppressing fire won't end up so well.

Over the course of a combat load (say 6 mags in the rig and 1 in the rifle, so 7) that's 140 rounds, roughly 4.7 mags difference. When you play against people who would prefer box mags and 11.1v 45c lipos to 7.4v 15c lipos with real caps, it's a joke to have anything lower than mids, especially as a majority of players will not call the first BB hit on them.

Edited by frogfish