Airsoft Turning to Paintball

renegadecow

No offense renegade

None taken. If anyone's to complain it ought to be me since I live here. The really good sites are becoming scarce now, usually being eaten up by land development (old warehouses and hotels were awesome). But I think its more the problem of the people who play rather than the location, with the trend pointing to speedball. And it's not just here as you say, in the US, Hong Kong and Japan too apparently.

And just when I though my head has cooled down a bit, I just noticed the guy in the pic was wearing Crocs?!?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I don't go in for speedball types games, but if the site allows it and they're enjoying themselves then why not? If there's one thing that narks me in airsoft it's people telling others how they must play. If you don't like the way a site operates then vote with your wallet and don't play there. I'm probably going to get flamed for that but meh

Sorry, is that semi-only in ALL of the tunnels? I thought that was only confined to certain areas.

Yep all of them now - used to be auto in the main tunnels but not anymore. Think there were too many hose fests going on really - more than a few incidents of people getting overkilled cos of the fact people couldnt hear hit calling and stuff when people were blasting down range.

Yep all of them now - used to be auto in the main tunnels but not anymore. Think there were too many hose fests going on really - more than a few incidents of people getting overkilled cos of the fact people couldnt hear hit calling and stuff when people were blasting down range.

Upshot of it now is that there is lot more move and fire going on rather than teams stuck in the same area unable to move forward due to weight of fire. Attendance to the site has more or less doubled since the change so they must be doing something right.

I wish sites would get away from limiting everyone to semi-auto in these confined spaces. Full auto doesn't hurt that much, and in my experience it drastically reduces the amount of cheating.

Yeah one of my team mates got a full auto burst in the face at point blank range at the Temple in Leeds who'd disagree with you. Very painful and very bloody and the offender didn't get dealt with at all.

I think semi auto in buildings/CQB is a great idea. Otherwise it's extremely easy to hold a staircase or a doorway with full auto.

Ahh cool, we could see at lot more tactics rather than just *aim-weapon-at-target-and-hold-trigger* business. It'll be about best shot rather than highest ROF ^_^

Just out of interest, do Drakelow Tunnels (or is it The Outpost now) do mid-week games? I have ten days home around Christmas time, and me and a few friends are thinking of having a game on the 29th December if that's at all possible.

Ahh cool, we could see at lot more tactics rather than just *aim-weapon-at-target-and-hold-trigger* business. It'll be about best shot rather than highest ROF ^_^

Just out of interest, do Drakelow Tunnels (or is it The Outpost now) do mid-week games? I have ten days home around Christmas time, and me and a few friends are thinking of having a game on the 29th December if that's at all possible.

Sorry no. The last game of the year is this Sunday and the last at Asylum (Scenario: RedSleigh Down) on the 19th.

Adding oil to the flame...

This was taken from a local member's Photobucket, also in the PI

post-70491-0-91138300-1291740793_thumb.jpg

Oddly the PI teams out in CA run games much differently. Objectives and etc. Not just Force on Force Speedsoft...

first thing that came to mind...

4j2m9l.jpg

Its realistic to something at least haha

Semi indoors is a very good idea.

1. It stops people holding a corridor or room by just spraying.

2. It reduces on a heavy number of ricochets which can lead to confusion with hit calling.

3. Go out with a mate at you next game, ask him to shoot you once, with a .2g with a standard gun at about 5 metres, then ask him to put a 5-10 round burst into you at the same distance then tell me that it really doesn't hurt. Summing up it is bloody painful when you sppok someone and they light you up.

As for that picture no, just no. If i find a guy playing like that in the UK i either have a word with them if they are on my team or get them out asap if on the opponents team as they can be a danger to life and limb.

This is why i am wanting to play just Milsim games, fed up with people telling me they got through 5000bbs and its only lunchtime and telling me i must have had no fun as i only used 3-5 70rd pmags. but thats how i like to play.

I usually get this with using pistols, people ask me why i do, not because it is either gas or a small gun but because i can't loose off 20-30 rounds a second. My fingers ain't that fast.

'FireKnife'

It'll teach about a little something called recoil...

On a GBBR?

Last one i used had about as much felt recoil as a slap from a feather duster, then again i was using it with both hands and braced against the shoulder. Plus it was cold.

But i bet someone will make a way to get GBB anything into this kind of game.

'FireKnife'

On a GBBR?

Last one i used had about as much felt recoil as a slap from a feather duster, then again i was using it with both hands and braced against the shoulder. Plus it was cold.

But i bet someone will make a way to get GBB anything into this kind of game.

'FireKnife'

I think he was referring to that last pic with those "players" shooting over their heads, single handed ... i mean gangsta style.

The blowback, plus the weight of it, would be enough to completely screw your chances of hitting anything smaller than a barn at close range.

You're right, a GBBR doesn't have a lot of recoil, but the way the speedball players were holding them in the second photo, even the little blowback of a GBBR will make itself felt.

A friend of mine got a bit of a surprise, when he tried my HK 416 GBB.

He's used to holding his AEGs high, with just the tip of the stock on his shoulder.

When he tried the GBBr the same way, it almost jumped out of his hands.

Anyone who ever fired a real rifle, will have no problems with a blowback, but how many speedball players have?

:)

To keep things on topic, my thinking is simple. Let them have their fun.

I like milsim games, if they like speedball, it's ok by me.

It would be interesting to bring a group of speedball players to a milsim game, and see how they do...

I think he was referring to that last pic

It'd be weird if he was referring to the first pic. That would mean sticking a can of propane out the side of the magazine instead of the water bottle. You know what, I bet someones just done that too and I just haven't heard of it yet.

About speedball players using GBBRs, they won't simply because they hold a maximum of two digits in bb's. GBBRs are also very popular here, thankfully for the warm climate. Mostly milsimmers use them, but casual weekend gamers like myself use them too some mixed against AEGs and some sites are even GBB only. It's just that speedball still takes the biggest slice of the pie.

Archived