AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Not a big Beta fan despite owning one, but it's not too bad looking, I guess you can call it a Beta Mag-K instead of a Beta-Project Mag-K. Ditch the ugly railed foregrip for something better, is there a short rail system that would fit the old Marui style front?

Awww yeah. The midwest mount is pretty nice. The diode for the primary arms micro dot is in a terrible place so I can't get it to co-witness though. It's on my real steel right now, and if I don't like shooting with it then it'll get stuck on airsoft duty.

2011-12-25_16-16-31_584.jpg

Sorry for the terrible picture, this thing really needs some paint and I need a place to take pictures that isn't cold and covered in snow.

• Like 1

I have a quick question for you guys:

Would the G&G PBS-1 fit a LCT AK (AK104 in my case)?

I know the G&G has two threads, one 14ccw and a bigger one but I can't find its specification (size and is it cw or ccw). Same for the LCT AK-104 thread, I can't find the size of it.

That's a bit annoying because... well it would look pretty amazing... AK-104 + PK-A (incoming) + PBS-1. Wouldn't it be sweet? Don't answer that question: it would be sweet.

Awww yeah. The midwest mount is pretty nice. The diode for the primary arms micro dot is in a terrible place so I can't get it to co-witness though. It's on my real steel right now, and if I don't like shooting with it then it'll get stuck on airsoft duty.

Sorry for the terrible picture, this thing really needs some paint and I need a place to take pictures that isn't cold and covered in snow.

loving the new RDS mount!

you know what i reckon would look REALLY cool and unique? lose the ultimAK and replace it with a full length, bare, AMD65 style gas tube. i've never seen it done and i reckon it'd look seriously mean.

loving the new RDS mount!

you know what i reckon would look REALLY cool and unique? lose the ultimAK and replace it with a full length, bare, AMD65 style gas tube. i've never seen it done and i reckon it'd look seriously mean.

That would look pretty cool, but I need the ultimak for slings and lights every once in a while. Plus, it helps keep the front end rock solid, I'm afraid to even take it apart since I have everything fitting so well together.

My saiga did not like the midwest mount at all, so I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it for airsoft or not. I like the optic on the ultimak since it sits lower and I can cowitness, but the midwest mount does look awesome..

an AK should either have a Kobra/side-rail mounted RDS

This.

Why people go to such length to install extra metal onto the front/top of the rifle and then install optics for extra weight is beyond comprehension.

When they could simply use a siderail-mounted optics or even a adaptor while leaving the 20mm rail on top of the handguard for their 'necessary' PEQ boxes, thus leaving the sides of the handguard for even more flash light/l4z0r combo and finaly get another flashlight/vertical grip combo on the bottom rail... While they are at it, they can also paint some red tigerstripe onto the rifle(but not the accesories, since those will be vastly more expensive than the rifle itself). :rolleyes:

Edited by adadqgg

Seriously?..

The mount and optic I use is probably lighter than just the siderail mount of the kobra without an optic. It doesn't apply to airsoft, but the TWS cover is almost as light as the old dust covers alone! Sure is adding so much weight to the rifle, right? I can get my mount low enough to co-witness, and I dare you to find a sidemount that can do that with a micro-dot or even offers a comfortable cheek weld (god mode, find one centerd over the bore of every rifle you use it on!). It's small and very low profile so I don't have anything to interfere with sidefolders or my body/gear when I have it slung. Not to mention open sights are not an ideal solution as far as durability goes, and I would much rather have a closed sight over an open sight on the market, especially a 30 year old Russian design...

I'm sorry I live in a world where both my airsoft and real rifles may at some point need a flashlight on them. I'm sorry I can't settle for a chin weld looking through an outdated optic that might get me in a bit of trouble if the batteries die and I don't have time to mess with pulling the mount off because I can't use irons with it on. I'll be sure to bow to the superior and infinite wisdom of Kalashnikov, who, after using t-34 modified with a long stroke gas piston to look into the future and see the wonderful things we put on rifles today, decided that his rifle should never have the ability to mount anything that could possibly be useful and that everyone who uses it needs to needs to cling to 60 year old ideas.

• Like 5

just a side note, this is airsoft guys, think about it)

Which is precisely why people should be able to use whatever the hell they like, without fear of being unnecessarily and unduly criticised by others who have never actually used the equipment that they're so casually ripping in to.

If people want to say that 'in their opinion' X rifle should have blablabla, fine, whatever. Stating (uninformed) opinions as if they are facts is so ridiculous and nonsensical it defies comprehension. If I see a picture of a gun I don't like, guess what I do? Shut the *fruitcage* up about it, scroll down the page to the next one and carry on with my life just as before. What does snipes at others achieve? Nothing, absolutely zip; and if you start running your mouth and assuming things about any given piece of gear, having no actual experience with said gear, as opposed to checking the facts first, all you end up doing is looking rather foolish.

• Like 2

I'll be sure to bow to the superior and infinite wisdom of Kalashnikov, who, after using t-34 modified with a long stroke gas piston to look into the future and see the wonderful things we put on rifles today, decided that his rifle should never have the ability to mount anything that could possibly be useful and that everyone who uses it needs to cling to 60 year old ideas.

Sig-worthy.

Classic rifles have their place, as do tacticool rifles. Everyone has a personal taste.

More pics pls?

Edited by Grindstone

Not necessarily referencing Adadqgg here but I'm not a huge fan of when the Red-Alliance syndrome bleeds through into other forums...It's as if people actually try to identify with this "communist" persona ("DA! COMRADE TOVARISH!") that's so prevalent there. They even do it on my local forum, Illinois Airsoft. That "persona" is okay when it stays within the bounds of that forum but everywhere else it just gets a little irritating. I am a member of the Red-Alliance myself and most people there are both respectable and knowledgeable but there are a few overly aggressive individuals that like to talk of their asses. Unless you've actually served, I would suggest keeping your mouth shut about what is and what isn't "practical" in a real life and death situation. Not liking the looks of something and complaining about how "practical" (you think) something is are two completely different things. Servicemen put accessories on their guns because they feel they need them... It's not necessarily about looks. I'm sure the people out there actually putting their butts on the line have a pretty good idea of what is practical out in the field...Airsofters and even "range warriors" don't really have the right to talk.

Anyway just so I'm not spamming:

002-31.jpg

My project AKS74U made with a combination of Dboys and LCT parts...I have a set of real Soviet handguards on the way B)

Edited by chaoslord800

So nobody knows for the G&G PBS-1 on the LCT? :(

It should fit, Redwolf lists the G&G PBS-1 as 14mm with an anticlockwise adapter, so it should do both clock and anticlockwise. LCT barrels (the actual barrel thread, not the larger adapter piece) should be 14mm, you can test that with any other airsoft flash hider you have kicking around.