6 mid cap magazines for L85

Speedloader

Pistol with 1 mag (sometimes)

1L water (sometimes)

Spare boot laces

Spare battery

Grenades

Radio

Anything else specific to the game needs goes in my smock or day sack if I need it.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-My list for short games:

Primary: LSW with boxmag

Secondary with mag

Dead rag

Lighter

PMR

Throatmic

Water

-For longer games:

More water

Food

Second shooting glasses (sunglasses type)

Extra ammo

Maps

Communication sheet

First Aid

Up to 8 pyro granades

extra battery

Tools

8 80rd Midcaps

Speedloader

Spare BBs

Insulating Tape

Glowsticks

Para cord

Camelback (With home-made energy drink, juice and salt for electrolytes)

Wallet (Don't ever like to leave it in car/safe zone)

Airsoft Knife

Throwing Axe (Nerf)

Ninja stars :-)

Hi Capa 5.1 as backup

Dump Pouch

Multi tool

As it's all in the vest I can still sprint with all this lot on, if it were a longer game I might take food but I've nt played anything over about an hour and a half yet

I do not see the point in filling your GP pouches with things you do not need. In that case I'd tell you to leave them empty.

To a regular day of skirmishing I bring the following:

-3 to 6 mags +1 in the gun (3-6 is because sometimes I might not need as many, other times I need more).

-Radio(Though I need to fix up my headset to get it to work properly).

-Grenades.

-Small tools(Allen wrenches, etc.).

-Water(mostly I keep bottles of water in my bag if the games are short, if they're longer i might put a bottle in my cargo pocket).

-Speedloader.

-Tape.

For longer games I add more things to the basic set up such as:

-MAP(Modular Assault Pack) with a CamelBak bladder.

-Food.

-Admin pouch(it depends on the game and what I need to carry in it, I could just put it in my pockets.

-Holster with a Glock.

-Mags to Glock.

The Glock I wear on a belt and not on my chest rig. I've been moving things around a lot now to spread the load and make it all more universal and practical. If I don't need anything while on the field but might need it some time during the day I just leave it in my pack at the staging area/car. If I cannot get to it quickly I will carry it, say for longer games away from camp.

5x magazines - either pistol or smg, normally in shirt/jacket pockets

1 Radio - xtn in back pocket, with selex headset

Water bottle in trouser map pocket if hot/thirsty

Pyro in other map pocket if remembered to pick some up

job done...

• 3 weeks later...

With M249/M60

RRV with hyrdo back pack with 3L bladder, 3-5 bags of BBs

M249 pouch with extra SAW mag

Admin pouch holding wallet/keys/dead rag

Smoke grenade pouch holding gas charger

IFAK

4x 1911 mags

1911 on a drop leg

With M4

RRV with hyrdo back pack with 3L bladder, 2-3 bags of BBs, 1 450rd speed loader

8 AR mags

Admin pouch holding wallet/keys/dead rag

Smoke grenade pouch holding gas charger

IFAK

4x 1911 mags

1911 on a drop leg

Dump pouch

Our games run 2-4 hours between trips to the safe zone/vehicles. I don't usually carry any food, but a granola bar or a bag of jerky sometimes finds it's way into my gear.

Depends on the guns really.

If my primary is an MP5 i keep:

18 magazines (2 high, 2 mid & 14 real)

2 - 3 pistol mags

Lighter

Cigarettes

Car keys

Bag of ammo

Speedloader

Then I have a pouch on the back for two cans of gas - one green, one abbey predator

If I'm running my AUG, then I have 6 rifle mags as opposed to 18 - two high cap and four mid

Not going to add a full list just justify some things:

Small multitool. Extremely light weight - not one of the large ones with pliers and blades. Basically just set screwdrivers (hex, cross head, slot) in something the size of two thumbs. I find someone (not normally me but sometimes) will need to tighten something up, adjust a sight, open something up or whatever at least once every day. Weighs next to nothing and saves people a 20+ minute walk back to the safe zone.

Water! I carry a bladder on my back. 2.5 litres. I go through it all = sometimes refill at lunchtime as well. Had a team mate have to leave 2 hours early because he was dehydrated. That's a lot in a 6 hour play time! Canteens cannot be drunk when lying prone waiting in ambush. Cannot be drunk with a full face mask on (and we have now lost 4 teeth in our group of 12 so I'd always recommend a mesh lower).

Compass - "use the sun" I've been told but I prefer the precision when combined with a decent map. Quite easy to lose you bearings in dense forest under fire. Especially at a new site.

Mesh mask lower - cost of repairing chipped tooth - £££ to ££££ cost of mask £15? Take a few minutes/hours to adjust to you face and you barely notice you have it on - right up until a bb smack's into it and you realise just how much that would have hurt/cost to repair. Sure a lot of people never lose teeth and say thing like "don't smile lolololol" but 4 people out of 12 in my team (me included) have now lost teeth so it can happen.

The debatable one is GAS. I am going to start using a sniper rifle so I think I am going to start using my pistol a whole lot more but I cannot decide if I need gas in field. Time will tell I guess...

EDIT - Also boots. Worth getting decent waterproof ones IMO. Nothing like wet feet to ruin your day. But then I wear gortex trousers and jackets too so maybe I just hate getting wet. However I can easily go prone and stay there for a long time with no discomfort in puddles so I say it add tactical advantage. :)

I carry bullets and water, ready for the slaughter.

I either run a WAS plate carrier with 6 single mag pouches and a spare battery or and old school chest rig with a water bottle in one utilitiy pouch and a spare bottle of ammo and a battery in the other.

Unless you are actually camping out or going full milsim, there is no need to carry anything else. There is only a few hours of hard work before lunch break! Refuel, a few hours of hard work, home to sunday dinner and a beer!

I don't like waterproof boots, as they tend to be heavy and hot as hell. Plus, when you're fording a river, water WILL get in through the top of your boot and then they will take years to dry out.

Instead, I couple dessie boots with a set of sealskin waterproof socks - that way if my boots get wet, they'll dry quickly, and I still has warm toes. :D

I'm not sure how many skirmish sites feature deep enough rivers to get in to your boots, so generally I'd recommend some full-leather (which makes them waterproof) boots from LOWA or a similar brand for usage most of the year in the UK. That said, when the heat does go up desert boots are a real god send, and if your site does happen to have a substantial water feature then the above advice is very good.

I don't like waterproof boots, as they tend to be heavy and hot as hell. Plus, when you're fording a river, water WILL get in through the top of your boot and then they will take years to dry out.

Instead, I couple dessie boots with a set of sealskin waterproof socks - that way if my boots get wet, they'll dry quickly, and I still has warm toes. :D

Gortex inner lining, they are as light as my trainers.

A big improvement over my previous steel mid-sole and toe'd work boots! :D

I'm not sure how many skirmish sites feature deep enough rivers to get in to your boots, so generally I'd recommend some full-leather (which makes them waterproof) boots from LOWA or a similar brand for usage most of the year in the UK. That said, when the heat does go up desert boots are a real god send, and if your site does happen to have a substantial water feature then the above advice is very good.

Mine does. A river runs through parts of the site, forming several "islands" which we have bridges to and from. The river at it's shallowest is about half a foot deep, and gets to 7ish foot deep at points.

Case in point:

Shallow:

PICT0039-1.jpg

Deep:

223483_187351381311271_181792705200472_434372_6819794_n.jpg

216390_187351281311281_181792705200472_434370_7877802_n.jpg

215386_187351331311276_181792705200472_434371_1623542_n.jpg

Of course, it could just be me being far too eager to get myself wet. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Here I've never found anywhere that runs games over 30 minutes long. It's always deathmatch/paintball style 15 minute games. Makes me jealous seeing people who play for hours with respawns.

JG M4 (used as a DMR) on an Magpul MS2 sling.

KSC P226 for CQB games (don't have a holster for it yet)

2 additional hicap mags in standard pouches, tops open.

1 additional pistol mag in side pocket of magazine dump pouch.

5.11 OD Green cap

Goggles

Grey fleece or other civilian top

Woodland camo BDU trousers, or cargos for CQB

Sorry if I turned this into a "list your loadout" thread...

Mine does. A river runs through parts of the site, forming several "islands" which we have bridges to and from. The river at it's shallowest is about half a foot deep, and gets to 7ish foot deep at points.

Of course, it could just be me being far too eager to get myself wet. :P

Of course what Darklite doesn't mention is that waist deep on him is over the head of all normally proportioned men :P

I'm gonna have to get me some of those sealskin socks tbh.

I'm used to games of 30 mins each and a quick turnaround every two games. So I have to carry enough kit for 2.

Depending on how I feel I'll run a belt rig for the first with half the kit and leave my plate carrier with the rest in a sheltered point to save lugging excess kit. Of course, a small daysac could do this!

But on me all I normally have are:

Rifle

Pistol

Mags

mobile

car keys

I run a tactical vest and a belt.

In my vest i carry two 500rounds AK high cap mags, two 30 round scorpion mags, electrical tape, medic tape, a small box of bb's for secondarys, an exstra battery, a screwdriver, flashlight, and in my pistol holster i have my Sig Sauer Co2 pistol.

On my belt i carry another 30 round Scorpion mag + a 15 round Sig Sauer mag. And a 600round High cap mag for my AK.

Oh, i almost forgot my dump pouch :D Sometimes a have a small backpack with water, food, a bottle of BB's and smoke grenades for longer games. :D

Archived