The Zombie Horde is fast approaching... What do you take?

bankz5152

For some reason this is what i came up with as my truly ideal:

1. UMP.45, because you want them to go down first time.

2. 1911A1, see above.

3. Toyota Hilux, they work and if Top Gear can't kill it then zombies ain't gonna.

4. If i have time to repopulate then anyone that is attractive enough and actually knows which end of a gun the bullets come out of.

5. Sabaton: 'Into the Fire', Scar Symmetry 'Morphogenesis' or for when they close in and the situation goes all wrong 'Mad World' by Tears for Fears.

6. 'Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock' while picking off zombies one by one.

Also i really thing we need to add:

7. Food / drink you would take with you. For me it would be Pepsi (yeah cause sugar content is such an issue with zombies after you) and beef jerky (lets face it, nothing is going to rot that).

8. Other weapons / kit to take for zombie killing. For me some sort of stickable explosion device that can be detonated remotely, that way i can get clusters all in one go.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a completely fictional world where one has the ammo, fuel, and super repair cheats active.

1. AK103

2. Stechkin APS

3. A "Grinder" :http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090126000223/cnc/images/thumb/3/3f/UprisingGrinder.jpg/830px-UprisingGrinder.jpg For when you absolutely have to clear a path.

4. Honestly, any decent girl that can shoot and can have a conversation with for when there's a lull in the fighting.

6. Most likely URRAH!! in the final moments.

1. Main Weapon

Harsh language

2. Sidearm/Secondary Weapon

Handgun if possible (BHP or P226 from the army or a G17 from police) failing that a quarterstaff.

3. Vehicle/Transport

Motorbike :D

4. Best woman to repopulate with

"Hey lady, wana come for a ride on the bike, guaranteed faster than a zombie."

5. Theme Song

Mad Max theme song

6. Battle Cry

"I'm sure we can escape that way"

Let's make this one realistic for a second....

Primary - would need to gain access to an Armoury on a Military camp that has been over run or raid an old farmhouse looking for a shotgun:

so primary - L85 or civilian shotgun

Secondary - Possibly a Sig 226 or Browning hi-Power from the same armoury

Vehicle - may as well nab a land rover as they go anywhere and pretty easy to fix.

Woman - the wife (failing that Kylie Minogue)

Theme song - Sabotage - Beasty boys

Battle Cry - "come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs"

Just remember, people have survived 9mm rounds to the head and the most common cause of failed gun suicide is using .22LR rounds, you're trying to destroy the brain.

.22lr is the most deadly round in the world

more people have been killed by .22lr than any other round in the world

and people who fail to kill themselves that not because of the round but the way they shoot (ofthen they shoot from the side and the bullet exits trough an eye without damaging the brain, or they shoot from below and the bullet only damages the frontal lobes and these aren't vital)

in a way a 22lr is more damaging to the brain than a rem 223, a 223 will shoot clean trough the brain while a .22lr will ofthen ricochet inside the skull

also due the high capacity of .22lr magazines and the low recoil its perfect for double taps

lethality also depend on what amunition you use, i would use cci stinger (32grain 1640fps hollow point) or maybe a tracer round (if i could get my hands on it)

More deaths by .22 than 762x39? Not meaning to call you a liar or anything, if you have the facts then fair enough. I just find that surprising seeing as 22 weapons are 99% exclusively used by civilans, I can't imagine they've seen action in any decent sized conflicts, which is where the vast majority of firearms related deaths would occur I'd have thought.

Woman - the wife (failing that Kylie Minogue)

At last, an honest answer.

Im very intrigued bu Xaccers 'Cassy' What is it? Sounds awsome.

1.9TD Xantia, available from ebay from £27.50 (normally a couple of hundred quid though)

Very comfortable, very easy to maintain.

Here's a vid of changing the wheels on a hatchback version, he uses the scissor jack that comes with the car, but normally the car on high gives enough room to slide an axle stand under a jacking point so no jack is requried.

Here's it on 3 wheels

In an unrealistic world;

1. Main Weapon: LMT MRP, Piston driven, 5.56, 10.5 barrel. Not concerned about overpenetration, anyone behind the horde is already food.

2. Sidearm/Secondary Weapon: Glock 21 - The .45 that's the same size as the 17, might have got the model number wrong. Also my K-Bar tanto.

3. Vehicle/Transport: Challenger 2 MBT.

4. Best woman to repopulate with: Daisy Lowe, or the ginger bird from doctor who.

5. Theme Song: Rise Against - Behind closed doors.

6. Battle Cry: YOU UNDEAD BASTARDS ARE INTERRUPTING MY WANK!

In a realistic world;

I'd die. Horribly.

22 LR is probably responsible for the greatest number of firearms-related deaths in the Western World. This is not because it's a fantastic round for the job, however. This is because they are inexpensive and hugely common. It is also not immediately lethal, unless you're extremely lucky and/or extremely good. There are plenty of stories of people emptying their 22s into some unfortunate sod only for said unfortunate sod to get up, go home, grab their own 22 and shoot the guy what shot them. And they both end up dead. If you're shooting a zombie, you need them dead, right now. Not ten minutes from now.

In any case, the 22 LR does have a number of huge problems, not related to its appalingly poor terminal ballistics. It doesn't like automatic firearms. It has a less than stellar record of reliability, due to its rimfire mode of ignition. There is good reason why the military only briefly played with 44 HRF and 22 Short before settling on 45 Colt, 45 S&W, and 45-70 while Winchester replaced the 44 HRF with the 44 WCF (aka 44-40). It's the same reason why the Air Force bought the AR-7 in 22 Hornet while the vast majority of its commercial production has been 22 LR.

As for the 223/5.56... it depends on the ammunition. Radway Green-produced SS109 (LwhateverA1) does have a tendency to punch straight through flesh. M855A1 and Mk318 (current US equivalent to the NATO standard SS109) are designed to be markedly more lethal. If you're in the US, you have a number of even better options, with bullets that can essentially turn a human head into a canoe. Although these are not always the best option.

In any case, 22 LR is not a good choice. But I encourage you to use it, your supplies will benefit those of us who weren't so foolish. ;)

Nevermind headshots on zombies, I'd find somewhere secure and smash her brains out....

I'd just *fruitcage* her instead :P

Anyway if in need of a firearm then why not just raid a council estate? Most of them are probably better armed than some police headquarters and firearms units. Also you could finally clean up the gene pool, even if they are not a zombie they are going to be no actual use aside from fodder and who is going to notice / care? :D

But saying that lets face it whatever is on offer is what you get, i am sure we would all like our fav gun, girl and ride but if i find a Glock 17, a Citreon and a slightly chubby girl then as much as i hate all three it isn't likely you will have a better choice.

Plus i just realised, according to the rules of Zombieland only the fit and prepared ones are going to be left lol.

'FireKnife'

This is because they are inexpensive and hugely common.

those are good reasons to use them against zombies

There are plenty of stories of people emptying their 22s into some unfortunate sod only for said unfortunate sod to get up

50cent was shot 9 times with a 9mm and hes still walking but that doesn't make a 9mm a less than lethal round

and the FBI stopt using 357 magnum afther the miami shootout because they found it not lethal enough so with your logic that would be a bad round as well

poor terminal ballistics. It doesn't like automatic firearms. It has a less than stellar record of reliability

that all depends on what brand and kind of ammo you use

and even centrefire rounds can fail

you have a number of even better options, with bullets that can essentially turn a human head into a canoe

no one ever survived a 22lr shot to the brainstem, but if you want larger calibers to compensate for being a bad shot then be my guest

1. 870 - Work my way over to the AFB nearby and raid the armory for M4s.

2. G19 with a couple 32rd mags. Also, viking sword.

3. Use the Tiburon to get to the base quicky and take a 2-1/2 ton truck. 6WD, multi-fuel, indestructable.

4. I have to say my wife, but should the worst happen, I will fight my way to Sofia Vergara

5. "The Mob Goes Wild" - Clutch "Zombie Barricades" by The Company Band. I figured it would be appropriate

6. I'm not that clever and tend to get dyslexic. So it would probably come out like Howard Dean's "Yearg!"

For extra nerd: Does anyone else play "All Flesh Must Be Eaten?"

Archived