Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started playing Pokemon Go.

Resupplying is a literal walk in the park: I have a park across the street, and there's like five pokestops in there, two next to an open-air gym, one almost on top of the other.

Careful the meatheads at the gym don't think you're filming them.

I've been feeling a little insignificant in my journey that is life,I'm just a manager in a bar and I've always wanted to serve my country.

So I downloaded the general criteria for joining the police, was slightly worried there might be a maximum age to sign up.

And the fitness requirements don't look ridiculously strenuous, pretty sure I could pass now but would want to trim down a bit and increase my stamina first to make myself a more attractive candidate.

Start things that run themselves and benefit everybody. You can prevent crime by giving people other options. Start a service (?) that helps and manages people getting back into work. Get people a roof over their head that they can rely on. Food on the table. Management of ever looming debts. A stable everyday. Stress and depression is what puts people on the street. All these chavs or whatever scrounging around doing odd-jobs, it only goes one way really.

We can't expect these people to claw their way out of a hopeless situation. They have to get help with what is to you and me even the simplest of things, even if they seem capable.

I've always wanted to start an association, service or whatever that does this. No strings attached, easy to approach job seeker help. Not bury people who need help in paperwork.

I just don't know how to get employers in on it without undercutting fair wages. Perhaps the quality of a supported worker (on other things than wage-benefit) is better than what they'd usually get for the same wage, encouraging them to come back to the service for more supported workers.

Lots of clubs and organizations focuses on things like this (eg. street soccer clubs and so on) to give people a community or outlet with a different group of people, that can help drag them out of communities that don't benefit them as well.

I tried to go for the police a few years ago. Attempted 3 times and two different forces and was turned down on ethnic equality grounds. I.e. They needed more Muslims/gay/blacks etc I assume. Which is fair, but still 3 times? If someone is obviously that keen to apply straight after each other as soon as the "cooloff" period has ended surely they might've thought hang on this one could do well he's mega keen. A little frustrating when I see some cops walking the streets in my area that I genuinely don't know how they passed fitness.

Still went down the mechanic route after and im happy so it's not all bad but the police would've been my first choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I applied years ago as well. First To be a regular on the beat policeman. Application was rejected as I didn't have an example of being involved in a racially charged altercation. Should have tried harder to get into fights with black people!

Years later I applied to be a PCSO. They didn't accept me after the interview because some of the language I used was inappropriate. Things like "we had to get a handle on the situation or the team was screwed." And "I know having your bike nicked sucks, but at least you have your health, and it wasn't anything more serious. We will do what we can to find your stolen bike". Apparently the 6 weeks of training doesn't involve anything about language and communication skills. They said they were the right answers, just some 'less professional than desired' words in there.

I got the feeling they were interviewing because they had to, and they weren't really hiring anyone...

Know your audience.

I swear like a trooper, and tell things straight. Shaved head, beard, scars all over my arms, stuff like that.

Turned up to my assessment clean shaven, hair grown, suit on and was sweetness and light, same for interviews. I played the game to get in, and now I am, I'm back to how I was :P

Haha! Doesn't quite come across the same way in writing as it did, but I had to ask them, is that not the sort of thing that would be improved through training? I didn't get an answer on that one.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't effing and blinding all over the shop, just speaking plainly and frankly, rather than a load of waffle!

Sme do get picked up on it in training, role plays are a big part, but I think if you are the person to get picked up on say blunt language, you need to play the system in the first place to get there anyway ;)

You don't get told what to say and how to say it when interacting with the public, it's expected that you know. I really don't mean that to sound how it does here, it's hard to convey in a nice way via text, especially as I'm half cut, and I apologise for that.

I just gave 'yes, sir. No, sir. Three bags full, sir' in training as it's a very linear process. Which is funny as once you get out on the street, it's anything but linear...

...was slightly worried there might be a maximum age to sign up...

www.army.mod.uk/Army_Reserves

royalnavy.mod.uk/madeintheroyalnavy

www.raf.mod.uk/Reserves

Not that i'm biased or anything - seriously, join the reserves.  From a regular perspective you'd be mad not too.  Easy fitness tests that get even easier as you age, upper age limit is pretty high even for new recruits.

You'll be "trawled" for jobs potentially globally and your civilian employer is obliged to release you for service.  Yeah, it'll eat free time, but you'll get issue MTP and boots and webbing which means you get free airsoft kit.

(Text colour and font is a little awry due to coping the links.  Plus this isn't abuse of company time, i'm recruiting.  Talk to Darkchild if you're in the South West, he's in a Cavalry unit and they use TANKS)

Sme do get picked up on it in training, role plays are a big part, but I think if you are the person to get picked up on say blunt language, you need to play the system in the first place to get there anyway ;)

You don't get told what to say and how to say it when interacting with the public, it's expected that you know. I really don't mean that to sound how it does here, it's hard to convey in a nice way via text, especially as I'm half cut, and I apologise for that.

I just gave 'yes, sir. No, sir. Three bags full, sir' in training as it's a very linear process. Which is funny as once you get out on the street, it's anything but linear...

Don't worry I totally get what you mean! After the last one, and with the morale issues they face at the moment, I decided it best to move on

Yeah but you need to he fit enough to pass selection no?

When I joined the Reserves, you only had to show improvement on each fitness test, if you didn't pass it.

They may have changed it in the last decade - not sure. But there's a shortage of recruits across the board, I can't see them turning you away for fitness unless you're utterly terrible and show no signs of improving.

For what it's worth, I only passed one BPFA in my whole Reserves career, and struggled with the CFT as well. Fitness was a real issue for me...

Got's me a new pistol, this makes me happy, got it for a great price, this makes me happy, fits me well, this makes me happy, it is a working version of one of my favourite modern designs, this makes me very happy.

Now to just find mags for it, anyone got a gas (not CO2) magazine for the KJ / ASG CZ P-09 lying around they can sell me?

'FireKnife'

My pub is Oakademy certified, I love their beer. We got a couple of tickets for the end of August to visit the guys at Oakham brewery, chat to the brewers and sample ALL OF THE BEER.

My pub managers have said I and one person of my choosing can go to it as I'm the Cellarsman, this makes me happy.

If you make a weekend of it, you can go play at the gaol.

I'm pretty sure it's a midweek thing. Can't remember the exact date as don't have the tickets at the moment (manager took hold of them whilst deciding what to do with them). I do want to try the Gaol though, are they GBBR friendly provided they fall within fps limits?

I've got next Sunday off which unfortunately is not my home sites operating week (not played for a while and therefore feel bad) so looking for somewhere to play.

Very much so.

I was there at the weekend carrying 8 gbb mp7 mags and 3 pistol mags... and sweating like a paedo in a primary school. Gbb mags plus heat and plate carrier. I feel like I'm still playing catch up with my hydration.

Archived