Blog: Magpul PTS announces the PDR AEG

talon_0315

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching a few videos it looks really good, like a streamlined P90...maybe even a bit shorter!

I used to really love my P90, and this looks like a perfect alternative as a CQB piece of kit, only thing missing I can see is the ability to add a torch (then again Im sure the right rail mount would stay out of the way of your optic).

Gbbr-fanboys and ARES haters... Ooh. Cmon, still a chance to fire it up ;)

Like someone said, not everyone cares about realism. I for one dont care a damn thing if its real or not, but it sertainly fits any futuristic set and thus will find itself in my buy-list. Just to turn a knife in the wound, i will most likely wield it with a double-barrel sawed-off shotgun ^^

This is really growing on me. It seems I may have to purchase one...

Considering Magpul came out the GBBR conversion for their Masada do you think they will come out with one for this?

Looking at the shape of the body, I don't see why they not. There is plenty of real estate space in that body for plenty of things to happen. Dropping a P* engine in there would make that sexy little beast a killer in CQB.

This is really growing on me. It seems I may have to purchase one...

Considering Magpul came out the GBBR conversion for their Masada do you think they will come out with one for this?

I'm sure it's being considered, but we probably won't see a bit of it til about... 2016 :P

basically I've never been a fan of the trigger finger mag release - the only reason i tolerate it on the M4 is cos I'm a lefty and actually thumb it with my right hand as i grab the mag

Unless if I miss my mark, the PDR has an ambi trigger finger release. So, left hand or right hand, the trigger finger will actuate the release all the same.

I was so interested in getting this to replace my hi-rof KAC PDW, but then I noticed the mag to hop alignment.

it must use a curved tube to feed the ammo from the mag forwards to the hop - this wont work in hi rof setups :(

you could always learn to aim?

Mid Caps with a stiff spring shouldn't struggle with a curved hop 'feed' although of course you'll end up with BB's left in the curve at the end of a mag

you could always learn to aim?

Mid Caps with a stiff spring shouldn't struggle with a curved hop 'feed' although of course you'll end up with BB's left in the curve at the end of a mag

oh you :rolleyes:

and mag capacity would be wasted as you described, not so good for mids!

I can't see the channel being THAT long tho, maybe 3 or 4 rounds? oh yus, oh me :P So I don't think it will make any noticeable difference, 120(118 nomally) to 120(114 with longer feedtube)?

In the video it looks like about a 2" distance which equals around 8 or 9 rounds, you lose about 2 or 3 in a standard m4 hop feed.

For a typical 100 round mid thats almost 10%. I suppose its not really as big deal when using mids for for hi-rof/hi-cap setups i dont think this will work.

for the record, I am a pretty good shot - i just think rof is fun ;)

Archived