Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.1

Icemaster109

I'm just saying that if you want to do an impression, at least try. Sure I could throw on either of my vests and call what I'm wearing BlackWater, but it's not an impression. A vest is not a loadout. Wear what you want, but don't post pics of a $50 impression, and expect me to applaud it.

If you throw on a set of MARPAT BDUs and grab a rifle, you are not doing a Force Recon loadout. You're wearing camo, and carrying a gun. MAYBE a Marine in basic training loadout. See my point? If you think that a vest over your school clothes is a CivCon loadout, you are doing the same thing. Look at KWP. That's a CivCon loadout. jeans, t-shirt, ballcap and vest are not. That's a way to cheap out and pretend you are doing an impression, when all you're doing is avoiding the "high costs" of camo.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wear what you want, but don't post pics of a $50 impression, and expect me to applaud it.

If you don't have anything nice to say.... :)

Anyways, I understand your points, hopefully you understand some of mine. It's a game. No one is Force Recon, Blackwater, etc, and no gear in the world is going to make you BW. No single company is exactly alike; thus, not all contractors wear the same thing. Let folks have their fun!

Mindset counts a LOT more than cordura, so hey, if you want to talk about pulling off a decent "impression", maybe "Jeans and a vest" is a smart kid and uses his mind to pull off a better "impression" than Gucci-Gear-Boy. :P

No sense in arguing about it, as it wasn't meant to incite an argument; just to give an alternative perspective. If you wish to talk further, AIM me at seifer5111.

Personally, I run with 5.11s, Altas, some OD UA, usually a dark-OD fleece over that, Eagle/SKD MOLLE Universal Chest Rig with a Maxpedition dumper and Esstac GP, and a camelbak. Simple, comfortable, gets the job done better than my HSGI MESA or Eagle PC did.

- Derek

Well, I'll say this much: if you're happy wearing what you got, wear it.  Don't listen to other pukes around you.  Do what makes YOU happy.  If you're happy wearing jeans, a shirt, a vest, and calling yourself Blackwater, do it.  Airsoft is a game.  You're no better and no worse than the guy who throws down ~250 for a plate carrier, ~200 for assorted pouches, ~50 for a pair of 5.11s, ~25 for some Altas, ~100 for a 6004, ~another 100 on the rest of the first line kit, etc.

- Derek

Yes wear it all you like, however please don't post pictures of it in the Civie Con photo topic...

If you don't have anything nice to say.... :)

Look at this guy, he doesn't even wear a vest. ;) (images courtesy of militaryphotos.net)

getdoc_api_001.jpg

More jeans you say?

aab.jpg

aae.jpg

From that article in NYTims a while back about private security contractors, they do not have standard loadout like a soldier does, and most of the time, they just use whatever they can grab. Blackwater is one of the big boys in the game, and they might have more standards and less jeans, but if all one wants to do is some random private contractor look, anything goes.

look guys i just got my digi cam and thrwew something together sorry if it was to low quality for you guys. :(

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to attack you specifically. And after reading S3Project's last post, I'm starting to think G_R is right in saying:

Don't mind XPVID, he has his head up his *albatross* today.

I thought the look was pretty good, actually...

Yes, I obviously do. Sorry for trolling. Keep up the good work guys.

THANK YOU! that just makes you look like a br0k3 n00b!

My loadout consits of 5.11 khaki pants, 5.11 long sleeve shirt in OD(Its not done yet :()

a cross draw vest(soon to be a guarder mod 2 body armor, with guarder chest pouches on top...why? because, at any time a civ-con may need to lightin his load and drop some gear, easily droping his mags and keeping 1-2 in his pocket, but, keeping his body armor.......now to remember where i read this...)

Pics soon!

My suggestion is that if you are going for a really accurate impression, ditch the FSBE, as they are quite rare, and it is unlikly that a CIV-CON would be able to get hold of one, as far as I know.

Picture001131312.jpg

1313123123.jpg

123123123.jpg

321231312312312.jpg

Don't even try to give me any of that "PMC's don't use Camo" ######. Contractors use what they can get, it happens to be too cold for my OD pants, and the US cammies are heavier, warmer, and are all I can get so NUR!

Kitlist:

Clothing

• US Woodland pants

• Fleece sweater

• Coleman boots

• Hat (Krylon'd OD with SNAFU and ASNY in it)
First line

• Random OD belt

• Maxpedition Roly Poly (Mega Size)

• TT Double M4 pouch (holster)

• USGI compass pouch (holds radio)
Second Line

• TT MAV, one piece

• 2x TT Utility pouch

• 2X BHI M4 pouch

• BHI M4 triple M4 pouch
Picture001131312.jpg

1313123123.jpg

123123123.jpg

321231312312312.jpg

Don't even try to give me any of that "PMC's don't use Camo" ######. Contractors use what they can get, it happens to be too cold for my OD pants, and the US cammies are heavier, warmer, and are all I can get so NUR!

my only complain is.....u need more gucci gear :D like EO-tech, rolex etc :P

[joke]

Thanks so much, I really wasn't that much of a gear ######, but have recently been sinking more money into that. I think I need a better hat however, that or I need to take that one out back, beat it against a tree till it looks more weathered, eh?

Glad ya like it guys, means a lot especially for a non-gear person like myself.

Archived