Your Warhorse

faramon

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is my old marushin SAA, bought for a measly thirty quid new from a chap on the gunman forum. Did some fine tuning to give a respectable FPS and has been carried at every skirmish since! Has bagged far more hits than any other pistol i've owned. Unfortunately its the old ABS version so mostly held together with tape, superglue, and aryldite now but wouldn't trade it for the earth.

Kq97N.jpg

BXTT7.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My old warhorse's have to be an old TM M4A1 (various external changes to suit sites i've played at) but internally still stock. Still going strong almost 10 years on from when I first got it 
The other a TM G3A3 with a genuine foregrip fitted. Brought secondhand and still going strong on stock parts (got to be reaching a combined 14 or so years old now I'd guess)
The final warhorse which gets an honourable mention is my JG AK 47 Tactical, brought purely to lend to friends as a gun for when they come up, its still going strong despite major abuse

My workhorse is a G&P Sentry. I cut the spring for <350, installed an AB-MOSFET+Deans and put a Prometheus barrel in May 2009.

Last December I had the first breakage: The trigger return spring broke after about 60,000 shots in semi.

I put a new one and the gun has about 80,000 clocked now, most on semi. It's the most awesome gun I've owned, and I'm happy to say it was the first one I bought :)

I use the same lower with 14.5", 10.5" and 9" uppers :D

ar15family.jpg

TM MP5SD6

ICS M4A1

G&P SENTRY

The 2 first only had hop rub changed over a period of 4 years and did a lot of FA shooting.

The Sentry is fully upgraded and with an ASCU2 unit in it it does a lot of single shots as my primary AEG.

It goes 126ms with a rof 23

but a seriously quick first shot with a Systema Magnum and 27:1 gears and a modded trigger in the ASCU unit.

• 4 weeks later...

My G&P stubby killer. It arrived in the country already broken, the motor was stripped on my "brand new" gun. Replaced the motor with one I had spare, and this miracle of engineering has lasted me since 2008 I believe.

I am fully aware that having now publicly announced my pride in this amazing workhorse of a gun, it shall go on to fail me at the very next opportunity. :)

TM P90 & TM Desert Eagle.

P90 was my frist gun ever, had it around 9 years now. Though it has gotten to the point where the only original parts are the charging handels, flash hider and butt stock. Everything else has been replaced...

TM DE, as far as I know it was one of the pistols released in the its first year, making it around 10 years old. All I've done is fit a Guarder metal kit and after 4 years with me replace the hop rubber (as part of a general service) still running strong. Solid as ever and performs like a beast. A truley solid and well made pistol.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my TM AUG since 2003.  That's an even 10 years now.  Still works great, only upgrade it's had internally is a stronger spring and a 9.6v battery.  I got it before CA or JG made the AUG, so it was literally the only one available.  Never had any issues with it.  I've dropped it right on the barrel countless times, played through rain, mud, snow, sand.  The ejection port cover is busted but other than that, even the foregrip is still attached. :D

P90RD I've had it for so long I don't even know lol it just keeps working. The only thing I've needed to replace was a the red dot sight which got shot out at the first cqb game I took it to lol.

Hopefully I can still get a v6 cut off lever sometime in the future cause that's the only real thing I'm worried about lol

I have an old WA P14.45 Magna, seen thousands of rounds, I modded a TM hopup chamber into it and put an 11" barrel with a suppressor, and then a spring assist on the barrel to stop it from messing up the slide from the suppressors weight, shoots 380-390 fps on propane, dead accurate, and kicks more than any other GBB i've owned, and its still just the plastic slide and frame,

the only problem its had has been its been fired so much, the slide and rails have actually worn out, and I had to rebuild them and tighen it up with JBweld and acrylic

TM Px4.

I've only had her a couple of years, but I've put thousands of rounds down. It sits on my belt for every skirmish as my SHTF gun and she's only let me down once via insufficient lube on the piston head. Wouldn't trade it in for anything.

Only thing that does suck is the lack of a lefty serpa - then I could run a pair during urban games...

Anyone else noticed the great majority of "warhorses" refered to in here, are TM's?

:D

All time favourite brand!

I know people will still pelt us as fanbois but sometimes even the most thick skinned of thick people must admit that sometimes stuff just works, simple as :P.

'FireKnife'

Archived