GHK G5

Desert.Express

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a fondle of one - it's got quite a kick to it, comparable to a WE G36c.

It's very solidly put together, the stock is very stiff, which is good, as I was worried it would flex there. In any case it apparently comes with an m4 buffer tube adaptor piece out of the box if you want that instead.

It's really, really THIN. The receiver is only a few milliimetres wider than the pistol grip. This isn't an issue as such, but it was surprising. It'll make a great little CQB weapon, it's very pointable and lightweight.

Not compatible with WA mags, unfortunately. Also, bolt locks back as normal, but there is no bolt catch - you have to work the action (either with a straight pull or the H&K slap).

Apparently there will be longer versions coming out later, either as full gnus or conversion kits. I've heard there will be a standard "rifle/carbine" length and possibly a DMR length too.

I have to admit it wasn't something I thought I was going to like so much, but it really is a solid bit of kit, and the aesthetics of the longer rifle/carbine variant appeal to me something fierce:

G5.jpg

it apparently comes with an m4 buffer tube adaptor piece out of the box if you want that instead.

It's this that I like about GHK. They give you the option to either familiarize with the stock, of convert it to your own preference and it looks like it will take an AEG stock tube.

@fireknife; maybe you are boring her? :D

I wish they will (but they won't) release a separate lower that takes a 9mm shaped magazine (new mags) so it actually looks like a cz evo... this looks very playable though, GHK, after their post 2012 AK, has convinced me as the most reliable magazine gas tank GBBR designer (much better than WE... believe it or not).. and it's growing on me, deciding between this or VFC UMP... i.e. skirmishable fictional CQB gun vs pretty wall hanger. 

It looks like they took they took the internals from their KAC PDW and slapped them in this ridiculous shell. The GHK PDW is a pretty solid gun and I'm sure the internals are improved a bit, but I'd rather just take the GHK PDW and slap that new mag in there. I just can't get over the fact that it's not based on a real gun. 

The Gen. 3 PDW I had was excellent, the only complaint I had with it was a mediocre hopup system - However, it was AEG compatible, so entirely fixable. 

I'm in the same boat as DesertFox - While I like the look of it, the 'not a real gun' part bugs me.

The GHK PDW v3 is an amazing gun, I changed the hop up rubber and had an adjustable hop up installed and it shoots pretty accurately for the cqb gun that it is. The newest PDW even has adjustable hop up. The Blowback is great, reliability is great. I doubt they changed the internals much as it was already great to begin with, they just slapped it in a new body, giant marketing campaign. It's just not many people know about the ghk pdw. I am going to pick up the g5 mags for my PDW as I think that's where the real performance is coming from even if it is loosely based on the pmag. Just food for thought, I'd rather stick with my GHK PDW.

I just received mine, and I must say this is really solid GBBR.

Internal is almost identical to their PDW which means that it is very reliable, it's extremely light weight,

recoil is crazy strong, new mag has good efficiency, and it's accurate to boot.

Yeah it's not based on a real design, but I've read someone describe it as "Marui Hi-Capa of GBBR",

and this really does seem to be the most accurate description you can make of this gun.

Just slap on some optics and front grip, adjust the hop, and you're good to go.

I'm actually really tempted by this which is surprising as I usually shun anything gas bar pistols but this looks pretty well designed and reasonably well priced so if its reliable out of the box then I'd be pretty much sold.

I thought Hi-capa is based on double stack 9mm 1911? Like STI custom etc.. 

the Hicapa is based on 2011 race gun handgun. .45 mostly.

What mh78 means with "Marui Hi-Capa of GBBR" is regarding it's accuracy and gas efficiency and hopefully reliability. 

What mh78 means with "Marui Hi-Capa of GBBR" is regarding it's accuracy and gas efficiency and hopefully reliability. 

Ah right ic like that, I hope so too, will wait for a little while, see more reviews / game footage before buying, usually I'm put off by "fake" replicas... I'm the kinda person who overlay the image of airsoft and real steel on Photoshop to see how much the marking's off and get annoyed, but for some reason the G5 is kind of appealing... especially due to its performance / recoil. 

Archived