Sign in to follow this  
spetsnazdave87

Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

Got my AG stock adapter the other week but can't make my mind up on what stock an grip to get. What grip is that on yours blobface? Quite liking the look of that one.

Here you go guys!

Enjoy smile.png

I'll  check the loading nozzle and pump when I'm home!

Hey great review bud, thanks for taking the time to make the video. 

Can someone tell me how Ehobbey put this one togather?
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/eac-marui-m870-sga-tactical-magpul-custom-shotgun-gas-powered.html#.U9tvgfldWSo

I know that the forend required only alittle work but what would have gone in to get the stock to work correctly as well?

I recently had a M500 with SGA parts stolen from me (along with a Maruzen with G&P parts) and I've been looking to replace that shotgun and this might fit the bill. Just need to know if it'd be a better idea to buy these parts individually or pay the huge charge that this custom is asking for. 

Looks to me like they've fitted a fixed gas tank inside the stock:

tm-gas-m870-eac-sga_10_mark.jpg

That could be a custom-made part for all I know; it's probably just a hollow cylinder with the inlet valve tapped in at the rear and a length of flexible tube connecting it to the gas inlet port on the Marui. Not a hugely complicated job but certainly not something you would want to try to make without the aid of a lathe. You could probably do it yourself more cheaply, but I would expect it to take a fair amount of work.

Nah. The grip angle of the SGA would never fit over the Angry Gun kit, and besides, why bother? The SGA is already designed to be fitted to the M870. The tank pictured is too wide to be the Angry Gun or G&P tanks.

Thanks Puresilver. You confirmed something I had slightly suspected. That it is in every sense of the word a custom piece since something is likely to have been manufactured for this one model.

I was just curious on if angrygun or somebody else had designed something to be used in real steel Remmington stocks to widen the options you could use. 

It will do pretty much everything I wanted my shotguns to do (shells instead of magazine, gas, Magpul SGA set) but damn  a grand is a high asking price for a novelty weapon. 

Edited by steelfallenangel

My UKSF inspired M870, based on a Marui gbb.

Angry Gun stock kit and mag extension. Rest of the external upgrades are G&P.

post-64779-0-81301000-1406906281_thumb.jpg

post-64779-0-55593600-1406906291_thumb.jpg

post-64779-0-97843300-1406906303_thumb.jpg

Edited by arne71
  • Like 4

So. Interesting news...

Last batch of Marui M870s at my local shop ALL have feeding problems. We and 3 others purchased at the same time and the feeding it's either random counts or no feeds/normal feeds. We take apart one of them and see that Marui Changed the nozzle design. They've added a center needle like pin between the nozzles, to stop bbs from collecting and snapping the nozzle. BUT, I have strong suspicions that this is what's causing the terrible feeding issues. All other parts looked flawless and we couldn't not point fingers at any other part. Any one else have feedback on this issue?

are they all miss feeding in both 3/6 shot mode? or just one/the other?

I have only ran mine in 6 shot mode and had miss feeds, with 1 game of 3 shot mode with no issues. when i next lay i planned on going 3 shot only. 

I'm not planing on taking mine apart to the extent where i can see the loading nozzles any time soon, however i may do it if i still get feeding issues in 3 shot mode.