Dytac Geissele 416 Rail Clone

Noveske

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The geissele is not much lighter however the MK1 is their bombproof design. It is also longer dimensionally, much so that you need to cut off the sling loops on the gas block to fit the rail. That alone adds weight.

It's still lighter than a stock 416 rail at that.

Slight clarification  I have a VFC Umarex 416 with cal 6mm on the side.  I have no clue as if its an older version or newer one.

I believe that the thread is slightly wider on the TM.  I know an RS 416 SMR will fit.  A member on Devt6 has one and if I recall the threads needed filling to make the rail fit

Slight clarification  I have a VFC Umarex 416 with cal 6mm on the side.  I have no clue as if its an older version or newer one.

Does yours come with the HK grip?  If so that's the new one.  The old VC 416 only has the HK LE Stock for HK-specific furniture; the pistol grip was a TD one IIRC.  Apparently there's a difference between the old and new VFC rails given that WGC told me you can't run the new rails on the old VFC 416 (specifically for the M27 IAR rail set; which should be the same as the new 416's rail except being longer).

Does yours come with the HK grip?  If so that's the new one.  The old VC 416 only has the HK LE Stock for HK-specific furniture; the pistol grip was a TD one IIRC.  Apparently there's a difference between the old and new VFC rails given that WGC told me you can't run the new rails on the old VFC 416 (specifically for the M27 IAR rail set; which should be the same as the new 416's rail except being longer).

The difference is in the diameter of the Barrel nut. On the old VFC HK416 the barrel nut is approximately 2mm in diameter larger that the newer version. However, the RS  Geissele HK416 rail has its own Barrel nut so you may get away with it if they reproduce the barrel nut as well.

Hey boom3r thanks for the info :P

The DYTAC one should come with the locking nut given the smr uses the hk417 style of rail attachment rather than the 416. If that's the case then the only real issue should be the dimension of the tab on the rear of the rail that locks into the upper.

Archived