WE-Remington ACR.

netwalker

Hmmm...

About the brass deflector. It also doubles as the locking notch for the folding stock, yeah?

So without it, how does the stock hold in place when folded ? :o

It does on the scar- on the masada/acr i think the stock when folded is just held by a spring.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was never called the ACR nor MASADA by WE so that is no suprise. However I completeley missed the change of magazine in those pics.

It does say it's from WE Europe though. Maybe there is an Asian version and an EMEA / US version (no "PMAGs")?

On the subject of the MP5, correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reign that the patent has lapsed on that? The RS gun design is fairly old now, so they shouldn't have any problems if that is the case, though I may be off the mark on that one.

I seem to remember it being related to the silhouette of the gun, rather than any trademarks or patents - Does the ACR silhouette come under a similar loophole?

I have pre-pre-ordered it from local retailer, but I think it will take at least a couple of weeks extra before they get it. Sounds awesome if they come out on saturday. That is usually the day WE release so makes sense.

Love the fast pace release pipe ! :D

With regards to the comment a few pages back about this rifle not taking the "usual" development/presentation route that WE takes whenever they release a new gun, it's been around their offices for a while I think. There's a video where they have the externals of the ACR on a rack, along with a ton of M4s, some G36s I think and I think maybe an M14. Been a while since I last saw that video but that's when the speculation that WE was gonna make a GBBR ACR started. Glad to see something came from it! The PTS kit was definitely not an option.....

Laughing hard, another WE gas product to dissapoint, rejoice? 

However, a WE Katana ACR AEG... that could be something to look at if it comes out in the future.

To what degree have you used WE's newer generation rifles?  They're far from disappointing.  The first gen GBBRs circa 2008 were pretty weak, but their new ones go toe to toe with every manufacturer out there in their price range.

I, for one, am already making room in my armory for this.  I can't wait to get my hands on it!

To what degree have you used WE's newer generation rifles?  They're far from disappointing.  The first gen GBBRs circa 2008 were pretty weak, but their new ones go toe to toe with every manufacturer out there in their price range.

I, for one, am already making room in my armory for this.  I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I think he's basing his observations from the plethora of negative reviews for WE's pistols and AEGs, including the relatively new WE Katana M4 series. Granted this unlicensed Remington ACR is a GBBR platform, and perhaps they got the internals right ... time (and consumer guinea pigs) will tell.

Archived