Gun Modify RMR Glock Slide Set

GlockworkOrange

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine came together really well. No issues. Cycled it ten time and then it shot flawlessly. Bit of head scratching to assemble but that didn't impede progress.

Compared to a Detonator and Guarder slide that are still sticky to cycle after a few months and an Airsoft Surgeon slide that took hours of cycling till it ran.

The cerakote is fine. Normal wear apparently and only in the places where the TiN finish of the barrel just  contacts the chamber area.

The TiN finish lives up to it's reputation, not even a scratch.

As for the tolerances, they're completely perfect, not even old SD slides are that tight (miles aead from current SD slides and Airsoft surgeon). With a guarder frame you're going to get 0 play in any area. 

Check it out on facebook https://www.facebook.com/notes/guns-modify/last-update-before-i-back-to-work-from-holidays/534418286665208

Probably just a dodgy translation.

Another update with barrels , two new barrel will come with the new slide .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Got mine this week just gone and got it all fitted.  It is gorgeous.  Just had a couple of issues i wanted to run by to see if anyone else had this.

The slide seems to rub on the top of the outer barrel, first 100 or so racks of the slide were really stiff.  It's a lot better now and as long as i let the spring return the slide to battery it all goes well.  It i do it slowly it does get stuck.  Should I file the slide a little to give it more room?

When i pop a mag in and it's not cocked, the hammer seems to depress the valve a little causing leaking.  Soon as I cock it it stops.  Any ideas?

and lastly, the rmr I got with it lost zero after like 10 shots.  Turns out the glass can move about quite easily.  I've reset it without issue but guess i need to anchor it with glue or something.  Any ideas on what kind of glue would be best or a better idea?

Cheers all.

Ok, all sorted, mostly.

Slide still a little stiff when moving it slowly, but it hasn't stopped it from shooting properly so far so i'm not worried.  Seems like enough has worn off.

Valve leak doesn't happy anymore, think it just needed a touch more grease in there or something.

Rmr was a pain though.  I stupidly tried super-glue, which was .  I had to then push the lense out of the frame so i could clean all the excess glue off.  I put a fair few scratches on the front cos i'm a muppet and was doing all this whilst tired.  Anyways, used Araldite around the edges and pushed it back in.  Gave it a while to start to set then lined up the lense so the dot was in the right place then left it for a full day.  I've just put it all back together and it's looking good again, put a few shots through it and it seems solid this time :)  Hopefully it'll stay that way.

Hmm, interesting. Totally missed that update. But his English is not that completely bad, judging from his previous post. Chances that he wrote it wrong is slim. He might include two barrels since he did include two BBU for Costa SAI G17.

Only time will tell.

Nope. What he means is that the new non-rmr versions have two different barrels depending on version. (sorry, a bit late but I totally missed this).

To better illustrate this, I'll use pictures!

1549429_534422289998141_724931_n.jpg

These are the barrels in question, the top one corresponds to the Chris costa non-rmr G17, as pictured:

AkpZsjY.jpg

As you can see, the grooves stop halfway down the barrel.

The other barrel corresponds to the Redback edition slide set, as pictured:

4soUWVn.jpg

As you can sort of see, the barrel is fully grooved and has the recessed mark in the chamber for the Salient logo.

Ok, all sorted, mostly.

Slide still a little stiff when moving it slowly, but it hasn't stopped it from shooting properly so far so i'm not worried.  Seems like enough has worn off.

Valve leak doesn't happy anymore, think it just needed a touch more grease in there or something.

Rmr was a pain though.  I stupidly tried super-glue, which was ######.  I had to then push the lense out of the frame so i could clean all the excess glue off.  I put a fair few scratches on the front cos i'm a muppet and was doing all this whilst tired.  Anyways, used Araldite around the edges and pushed it back in.  Gave it a while to start to set then lined up the lense so the dot was in the right place then left it for a full day.  I've just put it all back together and it's looking good again, put a few shots through it and it seems solid this time :)  Hopefully it'll stay that way.

The slide shouldn't have much of a problem with the barrel. I believe your problem lies in the BBU.

First check that the hex screw that attaches the BBU to the rear sight is tight (do not overtighten it).

Now pour a generous amount of lube in the bbu and on the trigger bar part that contacts the bbu. You are using the supplied GM trigger bar I presume.

This slide set is somewhat sensitive to tolerances to the BBU, since the gunsmodify trigger bar is the one that protrudes the most in the current market (as I explained in an older post).

I hope it helps.

Hey Kenxin,

Just checked that screw, all seems good.  It is defo the outer barrel rubbing on the slide thats causing it.  I think it's just touching a little too hard on the front top of the outer barrel, but i might be around the chamber to the top of the slide as well.

Seems to be shooting great at the moment though so i'm not too worried now, its defo getting easier and not sticking as much the more I move the slide around.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived