WE HK416C GBBR out now

hitmanNo2

GHK m4 all the way for me now. This has raised my interest for a bit before i saw that vid. Whew! Sure it looks nice, but i dont want an expensive paperweight. If it's true that WE is doing it in disregards to us, then shame shame shame. I believe in things that should be working out of the box for that kind of price. At least GHK is taking their time

Wait, what? How is it a paperweight? The gun still shoots fine, it's a small issue that can be corrected. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because, you know, it's crazy hard to drill a small hole/detent on the buffer rubber or file down that nub that goes into the receiver extension. Shame on you WE, shame on you! I'm definitely giving GHK my money for their M4 even though that isn't necessarily a 416, much less a 416C which everyone's been whining for for years.

Ain't airsofters a *badgeress*? 

Because, you know, it's crazy hard to drill a small hole/detent on the buffer rubber or file down that nub that goes into the receiver extension. Shame on you WE, shame on you! I'm definitely giving GHK my money for their M4 even though that isn't necessarily a 416, much less a 416C which everyone's been whining for for years.

If it's that easy, why didn't WE do it? At the factory, before the components were painted and the gun was assembled? Why, when I'm paying £300 for a toy gun, do I have to disassemble it, undertake machine work on it, repaint it and reassemble it to get it to function like it should when I bought it? And if something this obvious sneaked through design and QC, what other oversights lurk within? I have some sympathy for easily correctable out-of-the-box problems - greasing parts, applying silicone oil to O-rings and the like - but if I have to take power tools to my brand-new purchase clearly the manufacturer has f***ed up big-time.

Plus, not that everybody's not been whining for a HK416C GBBR, but that whining was answered months ago; there are already two on the market in VFC and G&P-converted VFC form. Admittedly they're both plagued with problems, but doesn't that mean that WE's should be the one that learns from those mistakes?

If it's that easy, why didn't WE do it? At the factory, before the components were painted and the gun was assembled?

Because they need to make a profit while keeping it $100 cheaper than competitors. It's clearly a gross mistake in oversight, likely from not testing products enough and rushing too much (this is WE after all). But if they did a recall on all first production they're in for losing a lot of money mostly from the labor involved. Very likely they'll provide a new buffer rubber with a dimple built in for Taiwan customers and maybe for the rest of the world too as that cuts down on labor cost. If you don't want to be a guinea pig, wait a few months for a new version where the problem has hopefully been corrected.

You have got to be joking with this.. WE makes the best gbbr imo out of any of them. Just because the bolt doesn't lock back when the stock is collapsed your going to get something else thats less reliable and costs more. Bashing WE over such a petty thing is more of a joke. WE is producing some of the best gbbr and pistols out there. I would put My WE guns against any other gbb out there and it will kick harder, shoot straighter and last longer! I have built many gbbr and pistols from the ground up and i can tell you WE works enough said!

Because they need to make a profit while keeping it $100 cheaper than competitors. It's clearly a gross mistake in oversight, likely from not testing products enough and rushing too much (this is WE after all). But if they did a recall on all first production they're in for losing a lot of money mostly from the labor involved. Very likely they'll provide a new buffer rubber with a dimple built in for Taiwan customers and maybe for the rest of the world too as that cuts down on labor cost. If you don't want to be a guinea pig, wait a few months for a new version where the problem has hopefully been corrected.

Don't quite buy this. Using cheaper materials makes sense for that argument, but bad QC (assuming that one in the vid isn't just a lemon, which would be truly incredible if it wasn't) doesn't save WE $100 per gun. It has high costs in lower sales, brand deterioration and retailer anger. I was interested in this, but I'm willing to spend up for a GHK. The consumer attitude (not from you)  that these problems can be easily fixed is what allows WE to continue their idiocy.

You have got to be joking with this.. WE makes the best gbbr imo out of any of them. Just because the bolt doesn't lock back when the stock is collapsed your going to get something else thats less reliable and costs more. Bashing WE over such a petty thing is more of a joke. WE is producing some of the best gbbr and pistols out there. I would put My WE guns against any other gbb out there and it will kick harder, shoot straighter and last longer! I have built many gbbr and pistols from the ground up and i can tell you WE works enough said!

Hi James, good to see you back on the forums!

Let's be realistic here. The gun fires fine regardless of stock position. The only problem that arises is not having the bolt lock back on empty when the stock is collapsed as the stock pushes a protrusion into the receiver extension. Granted how quickly they test these guns I'm willing to bet all tests were done with the stock extended (how it's supposed to be fired anyway unless you're a gangbanger but then what gangbanger runs around with a 416C) with only a few proof of function shots when closed. More prominent companies have erred in lack of testing like every single KSC/KWA Glock out there that has the plastic mag catch wear out against the metal magazine, similarly the TM 5-7 and nobody ever so much as batted an eye.

I might buy one. Seriously, I might sell my vector and buy one of these. It looks that good (I frickin love my vector).

really? I dont even like my vector but to sell it to get a WE instead... I think I would throw up...

i "like" WEs, as in Ive got like 10 of them, but i still think WE is , lol, the build quality of the vector is worlds away from the WE, its just inconceivable to me, like trading a maserati for a honda

Yawn, apologise all you want for WE's lack of QC. Hey's its your money, spend it how you wish. Maybe when that new GBBR you bought from WE blows up in your face and takes your eye out we'll just chalk it up to WE's profit margins.....noob.

Just....noob. Let me know when you're selling one of your ground up builds, so I can avoid it. Anyone who commissions a mechanical device while high on Meth should be avoided at all costs.

I always feel that people who buy GBBRs and just expect them to work without out of the box mod /+ continuous maintenance is doing it wrong.

You probably also think that Father Christmas and the tooth fairy are real, and that you were delivered to mommy and daddy by a stork.....but hey, this is the web and opinion is valued here......

Jesus Eisenhorn I'm sorry you're in a bad mood today, not even going to take the bait. 

Anyway back on topic: 

888c-dafqu.jpg

Just noticed this notch which doesn't seem to be on the real steel version when they were still around, nor the VFC version, what's odd is that it's only on the left side of the handguard, not the right. Strange. 

Archived