Spectre M4 has been released for distribution...

The Insider

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make it full metal, realistic safety & selector and i'd gladly pay 100 more.

It's not a safety, it's a decocker. Also, add a stock to the wishlist. I'm already interested, but not $160 interested, much less $200 interested (as it will get slapped with customs charges at that value). Looking at exchange rates, I can say I'm about $110 interested, $120 interested tops. Around the value of JG MAC10 and Skorpion.

What's bothering me is that I wanted the classic for so long it hurt but could never get one with a decent number of mags and the stock.

Now I am close but there is still no stock and midcaps (yet I hope) and I will probably end up putting the P* in it and it will still be a classic - sort of.

The interesting thing is that there is a pair of spring loaded nubbins on both sides of the rear sight which serve no possible purpose... except as a mounting point for a folding stock. Interesting.

Given enough time I suppose I could fabricate a stock, it was mainly folded sheet steel after all.

Took one of the mags apart. It's a single stack and the mechanism only takes up the centre part of the mag, leaving a lot of empty space. What a waste!

I'll be seeing if I can see about converting one to a hicap and seeing if there is a way to 3d print a new internal shell which will utilize the internal space better.

you know what this has to be? some sort of market test. after seeing us airosofters squealing for years for a spectre, the chinese companies are finally decided to step off the beaten path and give us a cheap option with lots of cut corners.

if some of us buy it, they may release a better option in a couple years.

or maybe i'm overly optimistic. other times this has happened (PPSH, Bizon, VSS, ECT...) we have gotten good choices from the get go.

I think its just that the market is finally so over saturated with similar models that more companies are seeing possible sales in doing different ones. No one can argue that it didn't work for WE.

Maybe at this point releasing another m4a1 into the vast endless sea of m4a1s doesn't turn the same profit it once did. It would have to happen eventually.

150(ish) round midcaps.

and

A folding stock.

Will make this nigh-on impossible for me to resist.

My only hope is that the mags won't fit in my webbing and that might just hold me back form buying one and putting my P* in it.

Is the nozzle compatible with any existing nozzles?

That might also help me to resist.

Is the nozzle compatible with any existing nozzles?

That might also help me to resist.

Fear not, check the last photo in Darklite's post (Post 15), it has an offset nozzle, putting a Polarstar box in it will be a no go.

RSOV has mags for in lots of 2... Also selling it as "full metal" stating its 3.5kg and description has a body as "full metal"

Could there be another version out there?

http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=19927&cateId=441

Too hard to tell from pictures if its metal or not.

full metal gearbox... might be what they were trying to say...   maybe.
otherwise its just another "standard" cut and paste error from mostly a non-airsofter...  lol.

still it opens the door for anyone to buy a "full metal model" then get upset its plastic and complaint... and hope to get a discount / store credit for the mistake.  lol.
pending on how there CS handles such typo's...

Archived