BO MTO Phantom - Magnetic AEG

PureSilver

For *fruitcage*'s sake, you'd think at that price point you'd at least get a proper Keymod rail.

Additionally: No video of the actual prototypes firing past that horrendous 4 second long potato cam vid.

I'm also working on a thing that will replace AEGs, fires 1 million bbs a second, actually charges your battery when you fire it instead of draining power, and can be adjusted from 10fps to 200,000,000,001fps using a small chip implanted in your brain. The new Q hop system I've designed for it gives literally infinite range, the 200 billion rounds I've test fired already are currently flying past Saturn now.

No videos yet but seriously, guys, this will change the airsoft world.

I can see why you're upset, they've clearly stolen your idea and marketing tactics. Its a good thing you're not forced to buy theirs ;p

I suppose the Korean AR also has fictional trades at 2.5x the cost for the limited edition (hopefully their mass production version would be the same price as this or less), but at least they spend the time to explain their bespoke technology, and showed it in action in video instead of treating us like idiots. If it is indeed what it claims to be able to do, someone's really screwed up in the marketing department to hide their technology prior to release. 

The only reason i can think to hide it before release is to prevent acm copies soon after their release. That said ill wait for an acm version/AK, or whatever darklites cooking up haha

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've had live public demo's of it now.

But BO being french, they care about france first. So no english reviews yet. No reason to bother with that. From what i can understand, they will sell it in france for 2016, and then loosely start selling it internationally in 2017.

Perhaps they didn't allow cameras for the demo, that said, watching people test it would be as entertaining as watching someone shoot a PTW perhaps with different sounds... what I'm expecting is some sort of description of the system in a meaningful way, I mean, look at the length TM went to describe a bolt catch... you'd think an entirely new propulsion system would deserve more than that. 

• 1 month later...

A little puzzled why no one seems to have picked up on some of the points raised in the presentation. They are saying that they have had the system running at up to 100 Joules and they aren't looking only at the airsoft market but also, for the first time, to see something developed for airsoft influencing the firearms industry. Rather than the usual airsoft replicating firearms and firearms products. They are talking of changing not only airsoft but the airgun and firearms industry. (UK Airgun limits are 8J (6ft/lbs) for pistols and 16J (12ft/lbs) for rifles. Above 16J Air rifles are treated as firearms in the UK). Now if these claims are for this one test rig, regardless of how improbable the claims may seem, then there are a few issues to consider. The speaker mentions the possibility of controlling the ECU by smartphone and also mentioned the possibility of the ECU being hacked. Airsoft guns that could be "unlocked" with a top end of 100J? People have been known to moan about people running hot HPA systems..... How secure will the ECU be? Will they make it to the UK if they could exceed 16J? The legal bit of the "not readily convertible in to a firearm" of a RIF / IF could come down to a firmware hack. Which to me looks a bit like "readily".

One of the other reasons for the very limited amount of info about how it works, if it really does, would seem to be to just protecting their IP. *IF* it is real it is a pretty revolutionary piece of kit and I would bet they are busy patenting it / protecting the IP (anyone good at patent searches care to go digging for novel electromagnetic propulsion systems?)

Please note I am not saying it isnt vapourware. If you google the registered office for BO Manufacture and look on Streetview it would seem to be a farm on a little country lane 20km East of Bordeaux which seems a little odd to me (not that a registered office has to be at a factory / industrial unit but I was expecting something a little less bucolic ;) ) However the engineer in me is very intrigued.

Soooo... Rather than overhaul the entire design of an AEG they chose to build their 'revolutionary' design into the casing of a V2 gearbox? I'm intrigued... It smelled like vapourware already but now it's starting to get ridiculous. 

I'm waiting for April 1st 2017 for them to say 'surprise!'

They supposedly had it at victory show.

Those are some really thin wires.

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/event/vshow1607/index.html

If, as is claimed, it consumes 1/10th the power of a conventional motor driven gearbox then why would one need fat wires to supply power to it? The rear wires look to be the power connection which would seem to be supported by the text*.

The wires would appear to be silver plated, I know it is difficult to tell from a photo, which would allow the supply to deliver considerable current. They don't seem dissimilar in size to the up-rated silver plated wires sold by various Airsoft upgrade retailers.

Quite what the other connector does I don't know. Wasn't there some mention of something electronic in the pistol grip in the IWA presentation video? The pic would seem to show the same type 4 way connector / wire assembly as seen on the ASCU V2 switch module to electronic / fet assembly

* Chrome / Google translate threw up some delicious gems. My particular favourites being:-

"...This power from the battery is converted to magnetic force, that is forward and backward the Pinthong."

"..."Hey need Nante repelling! *bramston pickle* Warped roller shoe de Raa" ..."

"...Without meat slides feature..."

"...It was in Sir Regents Heart, realistic Brett magnet. I want to put in the refrigerator."

I belive in this, i doodled with and sort of invented something similar a year ago, and it is very possible.

Problem on a small scale is cost, and i never bothered to solve the nozzle movements either.

It could be reeeeally great if it works though. Really great.

But hey;

magnets.jpg?1270937748

• 5 months later...

Archived