Eo-Tech Holo-Sights

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
very nice gun, the 553 looks sexy on there. but remove that gripod and put on a tango down stat!

Unless of course he wants to keep that shiny new tan finish. The Tango Down will take the finish off the bottom rail... stat. ;)

If that is a concern, I'd put a Coyote Brown KAC Vertical Grip on there instead. Nice rifle though. Nice EOTech too!

Unless of course he wants to keep that shiny new tan finish.  The Tango Down will take the finish off the bottom rail... stat. ;)

If that is a concern, I'd put a Coyote Brown KAC Vertical Grip on there instead.  Nice rifle though.  Nice EOTech too!

*Ahem*,

http://tangodown.com/shop/product_info.php...&products_id=49

FDE :rolleyes:

Have you ever tried taking one of those off?  Those put serious wear on any rail...  :rolleyes:

Ya, its easy. use your index and middle finger to pull on the little latches and slide it off. its not that hard....hum, never had any wear on my KA RAS.

Having an FDE colour won't spot it from scratching the paint on the lower rail, like he said  :rolleyes:

Que? how will those latches scratch the rail? it doesnt look like paint to me either, it looks more like anodized or something. you have handled a tango down before, yes? the little latches are not made of a metal, its the little sheet of metal that is under those latches which keeps it up.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would take pictures of my scratched rail after using a Tangodown grip, but I really can't be bothered to waste my time on some spoilt brat who can't handle someone disagreeing with them.

aw, thats too bad. how big is the scratch?

spoiled* brat? lol k

what makes you think i cant handle someone disagreeing with me. i couldnt care less if you guys did. looks like someone has a temper :rolleyes:

Damn why does everyone hate the grippod. Oh well I'm most likely not going to use any vfg on it.

iunno, its just a tad too long on your m14. but thats my opinion. if thats how you like it its fine then :P

whoa, that looks really nice. the lighting is good too. whats it say on the right side of the lower receiver? im guessing your going for a SEAL impression?

Hey, I've got a question real quick:

Is there any difference in length between the EOTech 512 and 552? Some pictures it looks like the 512 is really long (comparatively to the 552), and others they look the same.

Just wondering, because I have a CQB-R, and don't want something REALLY long, but I hate the looks of the 511 and 551.

Thanks!

That rifle is really nice tangman. Do you guys think I should get a ACM Eotech 552 or save up a little more and by the HurricanE 552?

I'd say get the HurricanE, or save up more and get a real EOTech. At least the HurricanE, although just a red-dot, has like 20 levels of brightness, and an auto-adjust brightness feature, whereas those cheap Chinese knock-offs of a replica MAYBE have 10 levels of brightness, and don't have that auto-adjust.

But of course, nothing beats a real EOTech with the 3x magnifier (my dream optics set-up...)

Edited by Kiki-Jiki

I have always found the latches on TangoDown grips to be extremely stiff due to the strength of the springs. It's difficult at best to be able to pull the latches down and make sure the rail is cleared during removal of the grip. Maybe you got lucky with your grip, but myself and every other person I've ever talked to has always complained about ours.

Hey, I've got a question real quick:

Is there any difference in length between the EOTech 512 and 552? Some pictures it looks like the 512 is really long (comparatively to the 552), and others they look the same.

Just wondering, because I have a CQB-R, and don't want something REALLY long, but I hate the looks of the 511 and 551.

Thanks!

The 512 is the exact same length as the 552. The only external differences being the switches at the back which on the 552 has an option to switch the sight to NV mode.

As for the China made replica vs. the HurricanE replica, get the China made replica. I've imported both as a dealer for various friends. The finish on the HurricanE is slightly better, but they're essentially the same replica as the China made one is from the OEM of the HurricanE. The China one is worth the money, the HurricanE isn't. If you have enough money for a HurricanE, save up a little more and get a real 512 EOTech off ebay. There's a huge difference.

Also, consider the environment where you intend to use the sight. The reticles on replicas aren't very bright. They'll be fine for CQB, but IMHO, not bright enough for outdoor use. On the other hand, how often do you really use the sight once you've started shooting? I use the sight to get a n initial line on the target, but after the first few shots I'm following the line of BBs for better accuracy. So I guess it'll be fine for outdoor use, considering you'll mostly be getting it for looks.

whoa, that looks really nice. the lighting is good too. whats it say on the right side of the lower receiver? im guessing your going for a SEAL impression?

That rifle is really nice tangman. Do you guys think I should get a ACM Eotech 552 or save up a little more and by the HurricanE 552?

A thank you sirs :),

Onslaught,

thats a Hurricane KAC body so it has the KAC trades which read,

"Knight's Amament CO

Vero Beach, FL. USA

SR-16 Cal 5.56 mm"

and yeah it's for a SEAL impression, now to wait for someone to tell me to get a Aimpoint with Wilcox mount and a Colt body :P.

TCB,

I would get the ACM Eotech personally, havent used the ACM one but have finger banged the Hurricane one and imo its not worth it, you could probably hunt around Ebay and find a used eotech for around that price (although the price could be lower now, last time I checked, a Hurricane Eotech cost around $170).

I have always found the latches on TangoDown grips to be extremely stiff due to the strength of the springs.  It's difficult at best to be able to pull the latches down and make sure the rail is cleared during removal of the grip.  Maybe you got lucky with your grip, but myself and every other person I've ever talked to has always complained about ours.

I have to admit the metal sheet keeping those latch things up were pretty stiff, but i never had any trouble with it like the TD damaging the rail, etc. iunno, jw but how were you taking yours off? i had my stock over my shoulder with the barrel/gun pointing down. i would hold the barrel between my legs (sitting down) and since my hands are free, use my index and middle to press down and pull free. iunno i guess i was lucky, but i loved my TD