Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.1

hippiehater44

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it wasn't a public demonstration - the beaches are open to dependents and military families, but there's one spit that has a great view of their tract of land at high tide - if you have Google Earth, it's the spit just to the NW of the T-shaped building on the beach. If you're REALLY lucky the LCACs are doing their thing because watching them do takeoffs is amazingly cool.

*edit - removed some specifics.

Hm, I had no idea that ALICE gear would have been completely dead to the SEALS. I guess I'll retire the rig to generic early-mid '90s Army SF use, since the LBT1195 is way out of my price range at the moment.

The communications unit I threw on the vest is actually a toy radio I used as a kid. :P It's not a replica of anything, just a somewhat okay-looking prop that I felt belonged on the rig... as long as the body was hidden with an ALICE shotshell pouch.

I'd imagine a Motorola Saber would have been in fairly common use. It's kind of sad that I haven't seen any pictures from the mid-90s of real greenside SEALs.

You can indeed see pictures of LC-2 or ALICE gear in use, but again, not very common (e.g. you occasionally see a LC-2 Canteen pouch, Gunshot kit, IV kit, etc. attached using ALICE clips). There were plans to replace it since the early 70's. Here's some pics of what they SEALs planned to replace LC-2 gear with in the mid to late 70's. The coat/vest has CO2 inflated flotation bladders across the back shoulder and front chest, as well as ammunition pockets sewn directly on to the coat (these are NOT mine). I believe they were referred as the SEAL Combat Flotation Jacket from the Natick (MA.) Clothing Research Unit.

NatickVest.jpg

This pic was posted on another collector forum (apologies to the original owner), but this piece is a SUPERB example of early operator gear. Absolutely amazing...it's a SEAL customized Natick jacket made into a vest...probably only one in existance

NatickVest-II.jpg

I collect Operator gear from the late 80's early 90's...posted one or two pics here before, but they're not in "fashion" these days. Most folks don't even identify it as Navy SEAL gear. Anyhow, I don't have too much jungle warfare gear (I focus mostly on combat boarding gear).

241290958-O.jpg

I also got some modified BDU's. Both Propper in the middle are new, and they still got the tags on them. Medium Reg and Large Reg. The Truspec are used pretty much...and sized Medium Reg.

241290961-O.jpg

Truspec Khaki modified.

241290984-O.jpg

Truspec Woodland modified.

241290979-O.jpg

One happy guy. :D

Here's my "old" gear.

I mean gear from the 80's and early 90's.

Quick example - my US Navy ABA SF Drop Leg Holster, commonly used for Combat Boarding or CQB. This was one of the first items I ever got, back in the early 90's from one of my shipmates. About 1/2 the items I have have been customized in one way or another, but this piece is more or less original. All the velcro and nylon are in great shape but the snaps have corrosion salt stains on it, probably due to the combination of sweat and ocean air. The thigh strap is cloth and use FASTEX clips.

You can't see on the photo, but there is also a thumb break strap that holds the pistol in place even when the main flap is open. This feature was NOT part of civilian/law enforcement model. I believe the design of holster made way for the modern plastic and nylon models from Blackhawk, Eagle, Safariland, etc., but I'm not certain that is true. Both Eagle and Blackhawk still use this original design and sell a nylon drop leg nearly identical to this model. It can hold a pistol as large as a 45 USP or small as a 9mm P226. The magazine pouches can also hold double column, .45 mag's.

As you can see, absolutely no ALICE clips or Molle staps :) The holster has two giant loops to be carried by an LC2 or duty belt.

ABA_SF02.jpg

ABA_SF01.jpg

ABASFholster.jpg

anyone know if the CA front for the CQB-R would fit fine with the G&P m4 metal body?

thanks in advance

medic

there's no way it would fit without some work to do. you have to re"thread" the delta ring

gnp got a wide "ditch", CA got a "narrow" ditch

Had this stuff for awhile - snapped a crappy pic while taking pictures of some other items I had for sale.

<3 G&P for making the full gun so I wouldn't have to construct one myself. VFC PEQ, Surefire M3, plastic TM P226, Phantom CIRAS w/ misc (most not MJK) pouches.

Nothing too hardcore geardo, but I really like what I've got. The CIRAS is my favorite chest rig thus far, at least for day-long games. Been playing with it for around a year now. The Mk18 hasn't seen any action yet, just has hung on my wall for the last few months.

s_mk18_1.jpg

s_mk18_p226_02.jpg

s_mk18_p226_ciras_02.jpg

Sorry for crappy pics, photography is not my forte :D

Had this stuff for awhile - snapped a crappy pic while taking pictures of some other items I had for sale.

<3 G&P for making the full gun so I wouldn't have to construct one myself. VFC PEQ, Surefire M3, plastic TM P226, Phantom CIRAS w/ misc (most not MJK) pouches.

Nothing too hardcore geardo, but I really like what I've got. The CIRAS is my favorite chest rig thus far, at least for day-long games. Been playing with it for around a year now. The Mk18 hasn't seen any action yet, just has hung on my wall for the last few months.

s_mk18_1.jpg

s_mk18_p226_02.jpg

s_mk18_p226_ciras_02.jpg

Sorry for crappy pics, photography is not my forte :D

All looks awesome, very sleek look and i'm sure it all works great in the field.

Archived