IMG_0734_2.jpg

IMG_0733_2.jpg

IMG_0736_2.jpg

IMG_0737_2.jpg

M14:

IMG_0738_2.jpg

M4:

IMG_0750_2.jpg

Its only now i realise my patches are on the wrong arms and i forgot my head set :P

But yeh, any constructive criticism welcomed (its the main reason i posted).

My list so far involves, painting rifle, wilcox for my aimpoint on way, forget the helmet (too bloody hot!) and DIRT!

Cheers, razor

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Titleist.

Wait, Scoob, are you in Socal? :blink: I think Titleist meant coming to Socal from Norcal for our photoshoot. But hell, you're invited too. :D

Here are some more from me using my kit. It's pretty comfy. Excuse the other dorks in the background ruinin muh kitz. :lol:

l_9a497a0f3a08dff339874bb17cb749de.jpg

The infamous double frags on the rear of the belt.

l_be5aa0e44a82b264bc3824d934cb9934.jpg

Shame there aren't any high res.

That's one hilarious misprint. :lol:

Just so this isn't a wasted post, how well do you guys think this would pass for an old-school (maybe mid-90s) SEAL greenside LBV?

Maybe...but I would say no. By the mid 90's, ALICE gear was out and I believe the LBT1195's were in, with all the goodies that come with it. I'm not sure what kind of communication equipment you have there. From my understanding, the HST-4's were gone and element communicator's carried Motorola's LCT-5 with an encryption device, possibly a KV-57 unit. They might have also carried PRC-112's as well as Motorola's MX-300R (these might have been superseded by the mid-90's...with what, I don't know...maybe the SABER series). With they Cyalume sticks, they may also carry Mk13 or M127A1's. I forgot what replaced the Mk79 Mod0, but they might also carry some sort of additional signal kit.

Late 80's and early 90's were the time when I think, the REALLY cool stuff was used. But then again, they're SEALs and could carry whatever they want right? What the hell would I know...toward the late 90's, I would have no idea. Scoob will probably know.

Here are some pics of my latest - It's my DEVGRU direct action loadout

I went with the Black Flight Suit because I figured it could easily be pulled over civis at the time of a raid...

(and it was handy... most of this gear is normally worn over an MCU lvl.5 Jacket and DCUs ;) ).

Also, I know about the blaster already... Wilcox and Aimpoint are in the cards in the near future

DevgruSEALPICSandGearPieces012.jpg

DevgruSEALPICSandGearPieces017.jpg

DevgruSEALPICSandGearPieces015.jpg

DevgruSEALPICSandGearPieces024.jpg

DevgruSEALPICSandGearPieces025.jpg

and just to prove that the loadout is SEAL approved:

DevgruSEALPICSandGearPieces032.jpg

NSW Feline endorsement ;)

Thanks to scoob for the pouches to finish off my MBSS

Hey Razor sharp, looking good just one thing that is a quick fix ...swap the positions of your flag patches. The one on your pack should be on your left Arm and the one on your left Arm should be on your Pack. The US Flag always blows in the wind with strength and when charging into the front/Battle the wind is always pushing ol glory in her right full position. I would like to see battlefield shots.

2cents is all ;)

Mr.Jimi I must say the Comm set up is sweet and your over all loadout is well done maybe find that right configuration for your radio wires and zip tie it to your rig in tactical fashion I like the IBH in OD . I look forward to battlefield shots as well. and I dig the BattleCat !

Capt Out!

:D the flightsuit is kind of a joke guys (I use it for cleaning the studio, the gun closet or playing downed pilot). It was just easier to throw on at 1 AM than pulling out the DCUs.

I was just looking for an excuse to take some pics of the my new pieces of kit.

anyone know if the CA front for the CQB-R would fit fine with the G&P m4 metal body?

thanks in advance

medic

Methinks it depends on the model of the CQB-R front. Later ones should sit too high for the G&P receiver. Plus, I think G&P bodies had fitting problems with most other brands of airsoft handguards.

Could just be hearsay though, I've never tried it myself - I've always mated G&P w/ G&P.

Maybe...but I would say no. By the mid 90's, ALICE gear was out and I believe the LBT1195's were in, with all the goodies that come with it. I'm not sure what kind of communication equipment you have there. From my understanding, the HST-4's were gone and element communicator's carried Motorola's LCT-5 with an encryption device, possibly a KV-57 unit. They might have also carried PRC-112's as well as Motorola's MX-300R (these might have been superseded by the mid-90's...with what, I don't know...maybe the SABER series). With they Cyalume sticks, they may also carry Mk13 or M127A1's. I forgot what replaced the Mk79 Mod0, but they might also carry some sort of additional signal kit.

Late 80's and early 90's were the time when I think, the REALLY cool stuff was used. But then again, they're SEALs and could carry whatever they want right? What the hell would I know...toward the late 90's, I would have no idea. Scoob will probably know.

Hm, I had no idea that ALICE gear would have been completely dead to the SEALS. I guess I'll retire the rig to generic early-mid '90s Army SF use, since the LBT1195 is way out of my price range at the moment.

The communications unit I threw on the vest is actually a toy radio I used as a kid. :P It's not a replica of anything, just a somewhat okay-looking prop that I felt belonged on the rig... as long as the body was hidden with an ALICE shotshell pouch.

I'd imagine a Motorola Saber would have been in fairly common use. It's kind of sad that I haven't seen any pictures from the mid-90s of real greenside SEALs.

The teams at Little Creek were wearing ALICE up until 2000-ish. I used to watch them do beach assaults as a kid (you can *barely* see their beach range from the public beach). Nothing beats an afternoon like seeing a bunch of guys rush out of the water firing blanks and being utterly badass.

Archived