Your most pointless gear purchases?

HaVoC

US desert camo shirt and trousers cause they looked cool at the time

even tho the happens to be no desert in northern ireland ?!!???

Same here.

Though there is a few sandy sites here...

Ah well, for my BDU set for about 25 quid (with arm pockets and velcro already) so what the heck. :D

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a chest rig once for my girlfriend, who never ever went on exercise. I never used it either so i just sold it on for a profit.

If these M9 rubber bayonets are so bad then ill be willing to take one off your hands people....

My shemagh only gets worn for a few minutes before being binned too because it gets soo hot wearing one.

Ive also bought hexi stoves before many times, and never used one of them as i prefer to eat the rat packs cold.

Oh, I just remembered something which may or may not be off-topic. Something which I bought because it looked cool at the time, and I couldn't imagine i'd find a use for it.

Urban BDUs. It turns it's the best damn winter camouflage available for my area. :D Lots of dead trees and pollution in the snow. The others were very visible with their plain white camouflage suits.

might have those pouches off you mate sometime all depends if i get my new vest.

most pointless bit of kit i have EVER bought would have to be my US boonie hat...i have a dpm boonie so why i need another?

also my carabiners (sp?) they cant be used for climbing so why have like 10 of them on my vest ?

Cool, well their doesn't seem to be much interest in these from people, probably due to them being 3-color dessie, so if you ever do need any pouches like this shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to sort you out with em :)

I'd give that 10/10 for uselessness.  :D

guess you've never made knife kills in airsoft, youll think differently once you do.

useless ###### i have bought

1. any black tactical gear i have bought, it just sits in my closet

2. all my low cap mags

3. smoke grenade bb can, the hole is too small to be useful

4. my cheapo jungle boots....waste of 30usd (buy good boots guys, they are worth the money and your feet will thank you)

5. my pasgt replica another $30 usd i never use

StarAirsoft S-LAP laser unit, got it because it looks kinda Gucci hanging off the side of my M16A4 set up. I think the chances of me ever actually using it are close to zero.

And of course the ubiquitous M9 rubber bayonet!

:)

Got a picture or link for that dude?

Oooh, found it myself cool, is it as impressive as it looks, want one myself know. Like you i'll probably never use it!

For three months I tried to convince myself that my Flecktarn flak jacket was an "essential" purchase.

For awhile, I actually thought it was...

After a bit though, I realized that it wasn't at all essential, it only looked REALLY cool. My torso does not need to be protected from .25g bbs by a bullet-proof vest, and it wasn't worth the $100+(shipping from UK to US) I invested into it.

My other non-essential purchases include 2 extra balaclavas, a 30 dollar black vest I'm never going to use, a Black-Hawk watch cap I never use...the list goes on

Multicam weesatch. Planned a Multicam loadout way back and frankly didn't have the money. Sold it.

Flashbang grenade pouches... why? To carry overpriced BB bottles, of course! ...sold all three.

Wiley X SG1 goggles. Not only did they look gaudy, but they fogged up the second you put them near your eyes. Worthless for airsoft. Sold them.

TAN TAG Dumper, because I had a multicam loadout, and tan works for multicam. Unfortunantly, like I said, I sold my weesatch, so... sold.

SPEAR ELCS... Never even used it in a skirmish. Sold it before I had the chance. That little bugger stung my wallet!

I almost put in my Liberator 2 headset, but frankly, it saved my ears a fair number of times at AG05. The amount of Beebs that pinged off them at close range was not very comforting. Plus, about three grenades over the entirerty of the weekend went off right next to me, and they defended my eardrums quite nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly, a Tac-Vest. My only one.

I don't have enough gear yet to fill it, all I carry with me is spare BB's, which it turns out I can carry with less rattle in my breast pocket on my BDU, and many times I just dump it at the dead-zone and get more Camo and less weight to carry around without it.

Geeze, guys, I didn't even KNOW they made a bayonet for a hand gun! I have to ask: Did you think before you acted? Ah, hell, I shouldn't talk. After all, that's what this thread's about, ehh?

Okay, here's my (rather embarresing) addition; ugh, it's almost unspeakable, but:

A pack of camo b.b's. I mean, it was no big deal, because I DID use them, but I can't believe I paid extra so that , and I qoute the box:"The enemy can't see them, so they can't jump out of the way!" Ohh, right, 'cause I'm sure we all can put ourselves out of the path of something moving at 300 fps.

I'm hitting myself right now...Ohh, well, at least I didn't buy a pistol bayonette!

D'oh!

Archived