L85 A2

luninhk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same here. I think I'll get the lmg version. As soon as I figure out what the hell the vert forgrip is doing so far back there. :unsure: 

:Dr_Evil:

Phew. I thought I was the only American that wanted one of these. :P

Right now I have this 40 dollar HFC L85A2 springer to tide me over. Not bad, really. :)

Oh, and the vert grip is for gripping with your off-hand to steady the gun while you fire it from a prone position with the bipod out.

It's taking the place of a sandbag or even another monopod mounted to the stock.

[EDIT]: At least...that's what I think it's for. It could always be the fact that the British MOD gives support gunners third arms.

One thing though..

Will the bolt move? OikOik said that his STAR SOPMOD M14 had a nonfunctional rear sight and bolt.

I love the L85a2 for actioning the bolt... so goddamned nice. If this isn't a feature then I'll be a little disapointed.

Still buying one though!

I'm a Leftie, and to be honest it doesn't really matter to me, I have a springer 80 and 4 AEG's (CA AR15, CA33E, P90 and HK G36C) and I fire all from the right and don't really have much trouble on the few occasions I do fire them from the Left. having said that I like many others would kill for a AEG SA80 so even if it did impair my lefthandednes somehow I would still get one!

Same here. I think I'll get the lmg version. As soon as I figure out what the hell the vert forgrip is doing so far back there. :unsure:

:Dr_Evil:

when you take aim with the LSW you deploy to bipod then with the free hand grip the rear handle and hold on :P

gives you support for your arms and such while firing and also stops wasting bullets if you can hit a target without the weapon going all over the place..

The question I've got is how have they figured out the battery sotwage probem? Inside the foregrip of the BBA (Barrel/Breech Assembly, the uper part of the rifle that includes the barrel and the rest of the upper body), or inside the TMH (Trigger Mechanism Housing, the lower part of the rifle) somehow? It'll be interesting to find out if it's also a quick change, of one hell of a buggeration factor to change batteries in the field.

Still, let's hope they get it into the UK before the bloody VCRB comes into force.

Thats what i'm holding out for, It would be really naff if we couldn't get the rifle that our own army use! Lets hope the VCR bill goes in our favour, or as is more likely gets stalled long enough for us to all by up thousands of SA 80's! I have already asked a certain retailer to put me two aside if he can get them in pre VCR bill.

Archived