DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also surname on the fornt cam foliage band on your lid and tie soem eleastic on the front secured by the lower side cam loops.

You can also add a grenade ring pull to your helmets chinstrap loop.

why?

so you lid will fit on over you nbc kit, you obviously dont *need* that for airsoft but we all did it.

Blood type on our lid is pointless (but we did it) as by the time you're recieving whole blood your lids will be miles away from you.

like *this*:

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

Dont however get drunk with your section and think vietnam style slogans on your lid are cool and hard.. my platoon commander didnt agree with us.

I had the 'yay though i walk... iam the baddest....' slogan on the side on mine in black biro... to quote Lt Spears "Harvey my grandma is badder than you" :)

I need soem medical tape for my helmet but i've been slightly lazy in finding some. In my plce i have two water bottles ammo mags (depending on how many I think i'll need and what gun (my sa80 doesn't have too many) some cleaning bits and my ressie pouch full of spare bits (like another set of goggles balaclava and gloves) i'll be moving thee ressie pouch to my elg as soon as I get another ammo pouch. tbh though I don't think i'm going to be as i don't think i'm going to have much free time.

Tidy enough job mate, i prefer the shredded hessian wrap look myself.

Howeverit is a good job you've done there.

nice one.

Cheers :)

All my kit is DPM now yay :)

Only thing I havn't got is any Brit boots, but I'm sticking with my walking boots for the mo simply because they are so comfy

P9280163.jpg

Edited by Nicoli
2 Thumbs up there nicoli you beat me to it. i did the same on my old Super9 as a test for when i wanted to do that on my L96, just needed to get more cloth DPM tape.

Grim

One roll did all of that, and a quick test on the original APS stock. Just need another to touch it up a bit.

The thumb hole was a b***h to do though and the only part I'm not that happy with but oh well.

If you need more tape I got mine from here:

http://www.soldierstuff.co.uk/product_info...f2749296a8940dd

Edited by Nicoli

Nice looking L96 you got there, and that tape was suprisingly good. I have a couple roles of the stuff. Used to have it on my Aps but got bored of it and now I'm going to paint it :P

The place i got them from was http://www.qmstores.co.uk/gbu0-display/splash.html and they're pretty reliable. Seems to be family run but I'm not sure :unsure:

Cheers, Alex

Well mine didn't shred at all, this was on a standard aps2 ex stock. However it did leave lots of the sticky residue. I tried removing that through various different methods with little luck, then realised since I wanted to krylon it I might as well sand it down. The good old sand paper got rid of all the residue no problem.

Other than that I didn't have any other problems with it. Oh although it can peel sometimes, just at the corners of where you've cut it, but that only seems to happen if you cut small pieces (say to fit around the trigger guard).

Cheers, Alex

Out of interest if you needed to take that tape off does it shred the surface of the plastic or does it peel off easily. or is it a real solvent and brillo job?

I've never used it myself.

I took mine off as I decided to change how I'd put it on initially and it didn't affect the stock or leave a residue. But maybe thats because it was only on for a few minutes.

In regards to where to buy it from. I ordered my tape yesturday from the retailer I mentioned and it arrived today, I also orderd a vest at 3:30pm Wed and received it thursday morning. :)

Edited by Nicoli