DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bit of a 'regiment' in the falklands look you have their with the wool cap, armalite and us web gear.

Looks good.

edit: Sorry is that an armalite or is it an uzi i really ant see as my monitor is a bit knacked and everything is a little dark...

Edited by Gadge
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice Pics safetycatch, You actually had sun over the weekend! You git lol :P , its chucked it down up here! I just hope it aint gonna be to bad this weekend at phoenix.

Grim

Edited by Grim
  • 2 weeks later...

They are ridgetech scorpions, very similar to the old french paladium boot. I personally like them very much, although they don't have the best ankle support at all times.

Don't know where you can get them now, they weren't terribly popular.

Knee pads underneath... hmmm... have to think about that, and yes, I always use facepaint at an event. Thanks for the compliment.

oafcnaabf.jpg

A quick try when the vest arrived earlier today.

Matterhorn 10" Boots

Ripstop Trousers (No brand, but most likely Webtex)

Smock, Parachutist

General Ops Vest

Mil-Sec Shemagh

SF boonie

Berghaus Vulcan Cyclops 2

Not seen in picture is Motorola GP300 with PRR headset. And a lot of the stuff in the backpack (such as bivibag, gore-tex suit, rations... all the stuff needed for a 48h game or so)

Para dont have hoods on there smocks. or a rank slide on the chest. that dont look like a para smock to me. more like the SAS pattern or the type the marines use.

Grim

or the new issue ones that everybody seems to be getting,

just like the normal smock but with a hood and small (seemingly usless) pocket on the left sleeve (not FFD size, alot smaller).

Aaah.. sorry, you are correct. I forgot to change the kitlist, I did use a early para smock (with knited cuffs and the tail) before I got this one. Got the smock in a trade, the label is quite worn for some reason, and all I can read is "Smock" and a CG number, Size and some washing instructions.

yeah i wonder whats up with that useless tiny pocket. A couple of the lads at my detachment seem to be getting them, i was an unlucky one with the 2005 jacket that fits my dad (and hes fat im rather thin.) lol ah well i prefer to use of my modified Mk2 smock anyways.

Grim

My loadout, non-british dump pouch, extra pouch for some orange smoke markers, compass pouch on belt, sidepouch for a hydration bladder.

PLCE kit is a bit used and beat up, but it works.

suggestions:

black boots, magnum, lowa or issue.

use a normal camelbac for hydration bladder, or stick the bladder in a small civy OD rucksack. which is also done, forces 33s and 44s are common. and loose the eotech off also you would have the rack number on the ceakrest of the gun like you have, AND the number again ontop of the susat on the round flat bit as thier often separated. and probably sick the pistol in a plce holster.