2011 Picture Thread

I tried to order them from Den awhile ago and they were in fact out of stock. If that isn't true anymore, let me know.

In terms of magwells, the TK grip is missing the lip around the bottom, so the hole for the MSH pin might fit, but it will probably be loose. I don't really want to scratch up my grip to try either.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good now that it's full metal. Are you still running the plastic barrel? (you must be since it's still gold).

I had a friend who ran a guarder slide and plastic barrel setup for a while and though it does work there was some pretty heavy wear on the barrel when I swapped in a SD one.

Are you happy with the new overall feel of the gun?

Edited by Romulus

Yup, still the plastic barrel. It's definitely scratching it, the paints coming off, but I'll swap it for a metal one later on. The gun feels so much better now, nice heft and more solid feeling. The cycling is still fast thanks to the 150% spring. I can't decide on grips. Look more like a 1911 with the TK grips or follow the SV theme and get the SD grips.

Nice Krame :) - Maybe I'll get one a dem blickies and polish that - make it 2 tone.

The Guarder slides seem to need some sanding at the inside upper portion (front and rear) of the ejection port. It rubbed my stock TM plastic barrel too and my SD outer barrel chamber. Right on the back side of the outer barrel chamber. Sand that out a bit and it should be smooth.

Glad to hear the TK grips are higher quality since those be the ones Ima gona git.

Nice Krame :) - Maybe I'll get one a dem blickies and polish that - make it 2 tone.

The Guarder slides seem to need some sanding at the inside upper portion (front and rear) of the ejection port. It rubbed my stock TM plastic barrel too and my SD outer barrel chamber. Right on the back side of the outer barrel chamber. Sand that out a bit and it should be smooth.

Glad to hear the TK grips are higher quality since those be the ones Ima gona git.

Thanks. Yea, I had to dremel the part your talking about, but the hardest part was getting the recoil plug thing to fit in the slide. I had to dremel out a lot of metal to get it to even fit in.

Edited by krame
Yup, still the plastic barrel. It's definitely scratching it, the paints coming off, but I'll swap it for a metal one later on. The gun feels so much better now, nice heft and more solid feeling. The cycling is still fast thanks to the 150% spring. I can't decide on grips. Look more like a 1911 with the TK grips or follow the SV theme and get the SD grips.

In my humble opinion I would go for SD SV grips to stay with the theme of the gun. As far as a metal outer barrel goes, I wouldn't recommend a Guarder. I have one in my Hi-Capa and I hate it with a passion.

Another pic. Still can't decide what grips to get, kinda leaning towards the TK ones. I haven't seen a hi-capa with an svi slide with the TK grips, maybe theres a reason for that and it looks weird.

1822372460_372b58ece8_o.jpg

Edited by krame

Few questions guys.

1. Shooter's design sight mount base(for optima/doctor sights etc.) - do they replace the whole rear sight or only the part of it? Do I still need the "base" of the rear sight, then SD sight mount goes on top??

2. Shooter's design scope mount base. - Do you require SD frame to attach it? Or can it go straight on to stock TM hicapa frame? I believe it attaches via two screws where usualy a rail mount goes on?

3. Cocking handle? - How do you guys manualy cycle slide with scope mount and an optic mounted? I doubt there will be very little space left at the rear of the slide to grab it? I suppose you could do so by grabbing the front part of the slide though. Any ideas? Because I havn't seen any made for TM hicapa.(at least not from any retailers I usualy buy from)

Cheers.

1 - The base replaces the entire rear sight. You don't use any part of the stock bomar.

2 - This I don't know.

3 - I don't see why you would have a scope and an optic mount in the first place. The SD handles are made to replace the rear sight, so you can't run the optic platform.

Few questions guys.

1. Shooter's design sight mount base(for optima/doctor sights etc.) - do they replace the whole rear sight or only the part of it? Do I still need the "base" of the rear sight, then SD sight mount goes on top??

2. Shooter's design scope mount base. - Do you require SD frame to attach it? Or can it go straight on to stock TM hicapa frame? I believe it attaches via two screws where usualy a rail mount goes on?

3. Cocking handle? - How do you guys manualy cycle slide with scope mount and an optic mounted? I doubt there will be very little space left at the rear of the slide to grab it? I suppose you could do so by grabbing the front part of the slide though. Any ideas? Because I havn't seen any made for TM hicapa.(at least not from any retailers I usualy buy from)

Cheers.

2. This attaches via the same little holes in the stock TM frame used to mount the normal rail (the one intended for tac-lights and other sundry under-mounted items). It may actually be easier to do in the TM frame than the SD frame, since I'm not sure the SD frame has the marks for where to punch or drill out the metal.

3. It's not difficult, since the portions of the mount which cover the sides of the slide don't go farther than around the ejection port area. With an Aimpoint on top of an SD Type A mount, I had no trouble just grabbing the back of the slide and pulling. You might find it difficult if you're used to cocking a slide by grasping it from above, but if you are accustomed to pinching it from the back with your thumb and forefinger it will be natural. Worst case scenario you'll just have to adjust to cycling it this way to load the first round - if you think about it, you'd have to adjust your cycling style even more to use a side-cocker handle.

Sounds like you've messed up the leaf spring behind the mainspring housing.

Search around, there are loads of guides to the right alignment of leafs and parts, or you can just fiddle until it works again.

Cheers.

Thanks muchly. I did try and fiddle but to no avail, since it's the first time I've taken it apart so far I just put it back together the same way aka still wrong.

Now I know what I need to sort out things might be a little better :P Thanks so much!

Thanks for the help RSP1, hkssr20det.

Darn it. nineball 7inch barrel is outta stock everywhere. i wanted to get another one and now forced to get a PDI. Nothing wrong with PDI though, the problem is redwolf seems the only one stocks them.(among "my" retailers anyway) and they charge 27USD minimum shipping charges. >_<

Maybe I will have to get a VSR barrel and cut them down. Oh noes. I've done it before so I know the drill, just didn't want to do it. :(

Edited by fal