2011 Picture Thread

Now, for optics. First, thanks to fal and Vicious for the suggestions. I have done some looking around and determined that I most likely want a reflex sight. The model that I liked the most over all was the C-More Railway Sight. It was big enough to look impressive but didn't overpower the rest of the gun. I am assuming that C-Mores have a pretty good name and are a good optic? However, $279 was a bit more than I wanted to pay. Are there any clones that I should look at? I had trouble finding specs like Parallax free, polarization, or whether this was a holographic sight, am I on the right track with a C-More?

You can't go wrong with C-More if you can afford it for airsoft. Probably around 90% of the real IPSC open guns have C-mores on top. They sometimes need rebuilds after being subjected to blast from compensators and the recoil of the gun, but they are very nice sights. Mostly polymer construction if that bothers you - not a negative IMO but to each his own.

Edit: I see this post really contrasts the one below it about the lense. When I wrote this I had target shooting in mind; skirmishing without a lense protector may be a different story.

Edited by RSP1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...I may just have to pony up the cash and do it right. I suppose that I could sell my USPc for this sight.

Polymer doesn't really bother me, in fact I like that you can change the colors.

Another question though. If one is skirmishing with a sight like this is there a risk that a BB will damage the optic if it hits it?

Hmm...I may just have to pony up the cash and do it right. I suppose that I could sell my USPc for this sight.

Polymer doesn't really bother me, in fact I like that you can change the colors.

Another question though. If one is skirmishing with a sight like this is there a risk that a BB will damage the optic if it hits it?

I would bet on yes as the lense is glass. Perhaps a lense protector could be homemade.

Here's a thing from C-more's site:

"The C-MORE uses a 29mm beam-splitter lens made of glass, not plastic. The lens is hard coated for maximum scratch resistance while the parallax free design enables targets to be acquired without the need to center the dot in the lens. Basically, the dot can be located anywhere in the lens and it will represent the point of impact, even if the lens is shattered or obstructed."

Edited by RSP1

ClockworkO - thanks for the compliments. I spent about 1 hout stipplig that grip.

Parts list..umm

TM4.3 base

Polished stock thumb and grip safeties

9ball ext slim slide stop

9ball floating valve spring

9ball hop up rubber

SD dom style magwell

SD outer barrel

SD SA barrel chamber

Guarder SA (polished) slide

Guarder loading nozzel

Guarder valve blocker

Guarder 150% recoil and hammer springs

KA piston

PDI 5.1 compensator and guide rod set

PDI 162.5mm 01 inner barrel

TK trigger

modified stock tm mag valve

custom (read aluminum spacer) short stroke

Romulus - I'm glad you brought that up about the scopes- I think I will shell out for a c-more for the next gun as well. Speaking of next guns( "I have to say that I am switching camps so I now ascribe to this as well. Hopefully my STI will be show up on Monday.")

^ Can't wait to see that.

I've got a ###### load of stuff I ordered coming soon.

I will have one of each camp SVI and STI = :punk:

vicious and 4thpower - man those are coming along nicely. Are you both using the AS Scope mount? Do you think it would clear a 1911 slide? Really thinking about mounting optics on one of mine.

This time I am going to have to disagree with Junior. SVI>STI. Sorry, but that is the truth. I still have my SVI guns, but the STIs, go the way of the dodo.

Yeah, we are both using airsoft surgeon scope mounts. It mounts a little higher than I thought it would. There's a good gap aboe the bottom of the base and the top of the slide. I think it would fit. But the slide sights might get in the way. I want to get a "real" sight mount for my next gun. I like more holes to drill and tap.

I've done gone and modded my Hi-Capa some more. I've shaped the trigger guard a bit more agressively and I also smoothed out the grip stippling near the magazine catch, ala http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/images/apsgripfeatures.jpg

I also found a smokin' deal on a different comp for the gun. It's a Gan's Guns Model 21 comp

This Guy

img1319smallms6.th.jpg

img1321smalluc4.th.jpg

Now the question remains....what color shall I make the grip? I was thinking attempting something like this, what do you guys think?

May I ask you where you have acquired threaded barrel for your hicapa? Is it PDI outerbarrel with thread adaptor?

Nope! It's the Matrix one as found on Evike....I know, what was i thinking. For $20 it's a really nice piece. We'll just see how it holds up once I put my $80 comp on there....

Edited by Whitedingo

RSP1 & Junior - thanks guys glad you like it. Took me a while to make it down to my fathers house to use his drill press and tap set. I didn't want to attempt the tapping feat on my own with a $200+ frame. Worked out much eaiser than I thought with the proper tools setup.

4thpower, the AS scope mount is nice ay? Your 4.3 is def the most unique Ive ever seen. Me likey!

Everyone is making such nice race guns now, too bad we all can't get together and set up a nice little IPSC match!

"SHOOTA ARE YOU READDDYYY!?"

I sighted my Aimpoint in and WOW is it accurate! The 4MOA dot is also superb and allows for optimal pin-point precision shooting. Oh, I also swapped out the 9Ball 6.03mm 7" barrel with the PDI 6.01mm 7" which resulted in both power and grouping improvements from what I can tell.

Vicious -Thanks bro ;) We should def get together and set up an AIPSC match!

Whitedingo -I can't wait to see it with the comp on it.

Romulus - It's Monday - where's the STI? I sooo anxious to see it.

I can't get past 4.3's so here's Rom's Infinity little brother...(for now).

CIMG1744.jpg

CIMG1742.jpg

(sorry no daylight to take pics in until the weekend)

Edited by the4thpower3

It does look somewhat familiar.

What are you planning on doing with it? Hopefully it won't end up exactly the same as mine.

As for my new STI parts, they should have been here, I even checked the mail twice. I guess that I have to hope for tomorrow.

clockworko - thanks I prefer 4.3's but i like any long dust cover look that the frame and the slide meet up at the end.

Romulus - I just put this together because its just some of the parts I ordered. UNco really messed up putting on the goo on my markings (grip, slide and frame). It wouldn't come off cleany. So I swap stuff over. But that gun is not planned to stay that way. I don't see how it could look exactly like yours anyhow..since its a 4.3

Nice new 4.3 4thpower. I like that Infinity slide much more than the Springfield one for a 2011 race gun.

Thanks Junior glad you like it, I actually got the Aimpoint from my father. He had it mounted on a .44 magnum revolver that he never shoots so I conned him into giving it to me :)

Finally got my new STI bits from hkssr20det today.

I have wanted to have a Hybrid Hi-Capa ever since Tuner Guy scammed me out of my first one so having this Hi-Capa finally reach the Hybrid point has a lot of significance for me.

I still have a bunch of work to do one this but I couldn't help snapping a few photos along the way.

tmhicapastileftpn6.jpg

tmhicapastilockedtc1.jpg