ca1.jpg

ca2.jpg

ca3.jpg

This lill baby has cost me (shipping included) well over 2000 dollars(1600+ €), but is worth every lill penny!

the parts

-CA33E

-CA33E RIS

-CA reinforced hopup

-CA G3 Stock

-CA panels X2 (sawed to fit perfectly)

-CA bipod

-CA MP5 mount point

-CA HK51 barrel (for use with G3 barrel on smaller fields// not shown on photo)

-Systema psg+ 650mm 6.03 barrel

-Systema G3 barrel (for use with HK51 outer barrel on smaller fields// not shown on photo)

-Systema MP5 M120 gearbox (semi only due to fps)

-Walther 4X scope

-Walther high mounts

-Deepfire silencer 300mm

-3X 330 rounds mag (a bit too much since its a semi only but at least its enough :) )

-Bundeswehr Leather G3 Sling (not shown on foto)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this was a project me and two other guys did (blackballs & obsoleteacey).

The equipment list is

G36c USD$560

Pelco Esprit Pan-Tilt-Zoom auto dome c/w colour camera & lens USD$1350

Pelco 9600KBD joystick controller USD$450

Pelco 10" colour hi-res monitor USD$300

Digital Video recorder USD$550

Posts, bungy cords, brackets, aux batteries, relays etc USD$150

Wireless remote control trigger USD$60

Shooting the opposition from the comfort of the arm chair - priceless.

AutoSentryGun.jpg

I've got footage of the game - but at 70Megs I'm still trying to find a host.

The bungy's and brackets was to compensate for the 3+kg weight of the weapon. The trigger was remotely controlled by the operator, allowing the weapon to rotate indefinitely around 360 degrees.

Accuracy - phenomenal with hits 35m away easy. This was the first time ever our base was successfully defended, no one could get near it!

Edited by daddio

We cemented the pole 1.5m into the ground.

The pole was pivoted at 1.5m above ground (so we could swing the gun/camera down and mount it). The final pole was another 1.5m high - thus total was 3m above ground. The base was also raised another 2m above the surrounding forest - so all in all a commanding view of the battle field was had.

urbandork, AussyMurphy and _akira *drools* :wub:

Those guns are the sechz! - Urbandork - if only I had teh cash :(

thanks man it was a good amount of work as the pcg lower frame had to be bought as a meu slide/frame set and then split apart. The lower frame also needed a lot of work as it was made for a full length slide and thus the dust cover had to be worked down. On top of that i had to do a lot of work on the back to get the bobtail back strap in. The tricky part was making sure thehole for the retaining pin for the main spring housing was re drilled in the correct place.

Ok Guys

Follow the link at the bottom to upload the Sentry Gun video.

AutoSentryGun.jpg

I had lots of video to choose from (the game took over an hour), and this was my first time at editing.

The posts and brackets were made by Blackballs, the controls and electrics was designed by me (daddio), the gun and operation of unit by obsoleteacey.

The main PTZ unit was adapted from a propfessional series Pelco PTZ optics unit. The company I own had a 'spare' unit to play with.

The gun rotated 360 degrees, using slip rings, thus endless rotation.

The bungies was a big of Kiwi bodging - the weight of the gun was too much for the standard servos, so by tweaking when the bungies tensioned (and by how much) we could balance the loading on the servos - result was the gun could have full range of up/down motion (from 10 degree above horizontal to 90 degrees below - i.e. straight down).

One problem was firing the gun. I cable tied the triggerfull on - in autio position. I then wired a double pole relay across the main gun battery - such that when the trigger relay activated the gun fired. The second pole activated the autowinding drum mag. The relay was trigered using remote control. Unfortunately we couldn't get the auxilary ouput on the camera to work (usually controls a wind screen wiper). Thus we also had a 12V 1.2A/Hr battery to control the remote receiver.

The brackets where tapped into the sideof the camera housing, and allowed the bungies to gain more leverage to balance the servos. They also housed the batteries and receiver.

We have only used the weapon once. All the camera gear is still mounted (off site) so we could do it again. However, the weapon was so dominant I'm not sure how it could be used fairly.

In the scenario filmed, I had made three fake sticks of dynamite, each with crocidile clips which the opposing team had to get to the base of the weapon. At the base was a box containing a battery, Omron timer and siren. The opposition team were to demolish the weapon by attaching the 'dynamite' to the box at the base. The siren would activate after 1 min.

The DVR had four channels (it was a cheap DVR). We were going to have three fixed (static) cameras positioned to give 360 views around the base - but ran out of time. We also wanted to camo the weapon up too - again - lack of time.

The joystick was controlled by obsoleteacey - who put years of game playing into practise. The joystick has proportional control - thus the further out you zoom, the slower the camera actually moves - thus making it easier to track people. One problem we had was camera wasn;t auto focusing, otherwise 'kills' would have been at 50m.

Please note - the footage was from the New Zealand Airsoft National Games, held Christchurch February 2006. The DVR showa Bamera1 (typo) and year as 2000 - which is wrong.

Thanks again to Obsoleteacey, Blackballs for you help. Appologies to Deepeyes again for the raping, he is the guy diving with the dynamite (the only one to get close to the weapon too).

th_WOMKavi.jpg

The opposing team new they had to destroy a weapon sentry.

Like most props - they might have initially thought it was non-functional.

They quickly learnt it was real. :rolleyes:

The whole system takes about 1 hour to deploy. The shed is used to house the monitor, DVR, jooystick and power suppliers (inverters etc).

for the purpose of the scenario, the shed was impenetrable (imagine it was underground beneath the base).

Lots of fun for us technical minded guys - probably not much fun going up against it.

dude take your tax thing off, could be seen by the wrong kind of person

Hey thanks phoenix360mute

I wasn't quiet sure what you meant.

The tax invoice on photobucket is ok for public - insofar as our TAG (and others) members can see how much we pay to our regional council for the playig fields - all legitimate.

Deepeyes was correct. We used a peice of high tech insulation tape on the CCTV screen to denote the aiming recticle. It was very accurate though.

The DVR & monitor (230Vac), camera power supply (24Vac) and joystick (12Vdc) was controlled by a 230V inverter.

The scenario lasted 70 minutes - so we were pleased the inverted lasted so long with 30A/hr battery.

WARNING - the downside with the weapon was that you can't hear HIT. You soley rely on the person putting their hands up. Also, becuase of the wireless r/f trigger, the shortest time the trigger could be depressed was 1 sec (i.e. a short press = 1 sec shooting).

We have new IP cameras which can both receive and transmit audio - so if we had the inclination next time this could be used.

Re: Controls. Nothing secret about the joystick. Pelco make one of the nicest controls I've seen.

http://www.pacom.com.au/product.asp?id=839

The Pelco web site is ###### to navigate and searching is #$%#$ (they use product numbers instead of english descriptions)

Re: Shooting at it. 2g BB's would bounce right off it. Steel ones would dent it, and probably break the safety glass lens. (Unless we upgraded to the Pelco MilSpec version).

PelcoarmyPTZ1.jpg

Re: Cammo. We were going to cover it with cammo netting, but ran out of time. Paint wasn't an option as I still wanted to do demos to customers (perhaps leave the gun on and sell as a commercial deterrent :P )

Edited by daddio

Ok, Just finished my latest project.

G&P M16A2 metal receiver

G&P CQB front end

G&P Rear stock

PGC ProWin 2 piece gear box

G&P tactical M9 torch

G&P hand grip

EG1000 motor

EoTech Holographic Site

Promethius steel gears

Steel anti reversal latch

Steel cut off lever

Systema low resistance switch and wiring

Hi Temp tappet plate.

KN 6.04 inner barrel

Built up from individual pieces.

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

wow that's sweet.  Hows that PGC gearbox working for you?  What spring are you using?

Firstly, I typed wrong - the gun is a G&P M16A1, not M16A2.

The gear box fire sweet. The sound is distinctively quiet. Not a single whine. All you hear is the piston smacking into the nozzle. Vey nice.

The current spring is a M130 (comes with the kit). The M80 I use for CQB.

The G&P (old version) was a #$% to modify. I had to file more items than the instructions said.

• 1 month later...
canne be arsed to work it out again, but essentially everything in england is stupidly expensive theres the other $500+  ;)

oh and the dummy rounds, battery and battery for the box mag... plus the britain is expensive bit...  :)

You think you got it bad bra, try living in Canada.

CA249 $1.650

Box mag $100

M16 mags (stars 30, 10 pack) $100

Total alone: $1.850

65268168.BK2NGD6X.jpg

C8 page

Low value version of my C8, a Magpul M93b is coming in since i'm buying a house and decided not to get into PTW's...yet.

-Guarder C8 new gen body

-Guarder Vortex flash hider

-Guarder rear tactical flip-up sight

-Guarder SP120

-Guarder Modstock (for now)

-Systema hop-up and bucking

-Systema Reinforced gearbox

-Systema Selector switch

-Prometheus: nozzle, cylinder and piston head, piston, double torque up gears, 7mm bearings, selector plate, 6.03 inner barrel

-Area 1000 teflon cylinder

-Area 1000 brass spring guide

-TM new type frontend, 6-pos tube, grip, EG-1000

-Magpul enhanced trigger guard

-EOTech 552.

Total value of over 1300$ US from UNC, but since i'm in Canada, I actually paid quite a bit more :P