Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because it's so flexible, won't the paint just crack?

It's held up surprisingly good so far. I got it as a sample from a manufacturer in HK, so if it falls apart on me, I won't mind too much. ;)

Whats different about it?

If you look at most normal ball caps, the dome of the hat is made up of six "slices" of fabric sewn together kinda like the slices of an orange (when viewed from on top). All Multicam baseball style hats, whether they are made by CP, HSGI or other manufacturers all use this common style of manufacturing.

The hat I have is a bit different. Way back when CP were first starting to make and sell their products, they had a handful of Multicam hat prototypes made with the less common but very cool 5 panel design. Instead of slices, the panels are configured differently but the result is a very nice and clean design. My hat is the same as the one featured on MilitaryMorons.com (minus the CP logo):

multicamcapuf4.jpg

In this pic you can see somewhat how the panels are laid out on his hat.

This was only sold (actually given away to specific people) once to my knowledge at the ShotShow back in 2003 or 2004 (can't remember which).

In this pic you can see somewhat how the panels are laid out on his hat.

This was only sold (actually given away to specific people) once to my knowledge at the ShotShow back in 2003 or 2004 (can't remember which).

they also sell these on ebay. (just to let you know)

Really? Nice! Can you PM me a link?

Edit: are you sure the ones on eBay are 5 panel caps and not 6 panel hats? I've only seen a 5 panel hat once in the last few years and I look regularly. Looking on eBay right now... I only see 6 panel Crye Caps. :mellow:

Edited by uscmCorps
Anyone have any experience with ACM Multicam, like the kind sold on RSOV? I figured I'd ask here as multicam seems to be the "in" thing in this thread...

I've seen some pics of other members wearing it. They all seem to have positive things to say about it. Keep in mind that it is not real Multicam fabric and therefore has the same slight inaccuracies as the rest of the fake multicam products have. If you're looking to buy the replica combat shirt, it should be noted that they do not accept CP Combat elbow pads (but do accept CP Field elbow pads).

Ok guys here is something I picked up from the multicam dealer in Tokyo and it applies for copies as well.

You should wash it as little as possible

Do not wash it with colour enhancer or strong detergent

Wash either in cold water or below 30C

Wash insideout make sure all velcro straps and zips are closed

Do not dry in direct sun light.

Do not wash with other clothing with fast colours or that bleed.

This will stop you multicam from fading or distorting it will also allow your copies to last longer.

that's what you see on every clothing.

Unfortunately, copies will fade, no matter what (only if you don't wash them at all, but I don't want to stand next to you after you played a couple of skirmisches :P)

All my 'army' clothing, I wash at 30°, and I dry them in my garage.

At the prices places like www.gearzoneproducts.com sell real Propper Multicam gear for you might as well shell out the extra cash & buy real deal{at least in BDUs}.Places like www.ebaybanned.com sell a lot of sham kit.

Like other have said in a roundabout way multisham shouldn't really be called multicam at all,although it may look similar it's a differant pattern but it can still look good.I'm waiting on my real deal clothing but i suspect i'll never be able to justify spending money on a real MC CIRAS or Platecarrier.

Saying all that i like my Multisham gear

9september07ke.jpg

9september07ee.jpg

9september07be.jpg

The ACM multicam i have is ok it had a lot of loose stitching that needed re stitched and has also started to fade really bad. Next time i'm going with the tru spec or propper as there made from the crye fabric i believe and should last in colour longer.

Keep in mind, as FarEast pointed out, that real Multicam still fades... just not quite as fast as the fake stuff fades.

Personally, I prefer the look of slightly faded Multicam.

OpTactical is cheaper and they have them in stock as well.

Thanks for the info guys,i intend buying onpatrols double M4 ammo pouches to go on my copy rig.When i have enough i'll have a go at buying a real deal carrier,i hope the rigs you recommended are still about by then?

i hope the rigs you recommended are still about by then?

That'll be tough to say. Eagle has been swamped with DOD contracts. I'm surprised they even produced the small number of Multicam rigs that they did. From what I understand, OPTactical and SKD don't have a heck of a lot of them in stock. So I'd recommend getting them sooner rather than later. Especially considering OnPatrol has plentiful stock of the pouches. The same can't be said for the Multicam Eagle PCs. ;)

That'll be tough to say.  Eagle has been swamped with DOD contracts.  I'm surprised they even produced the small number of Multicam rigs that they did.  From what I understand, OPTactical and SKD don't have a heck of a lot of them in stock.  So I'd recommend getting them sooner rather than later.  Especially considering OnPatrol has plentiful stock of the pouches.  The same can't be said for the Multicam Eagle PCs.  ;)

I've got a house move coming up in 3 weeks & all the costs that go with that.My idea of buying the pouches first is because i can't afford to buy something i can't use{dunno,it seems wrong putting multisham pouches on a real deal carrier}.Eitherway i won't have any free cash until next year around January/Febuary so i'm screwed.

Word just in from Atlanco the makers of TRU-SPEC. They have expanded their Nylon Tactiacl Range to include Crye Multicam Pouches.

I have a batch of samples on order for the WF-PX which will be here soon. I'll let you know what they are like in terms of quality and the pricing when they hit.