My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Phone is being very weird, stopped notifying me of calls and texts as well as sound on Messenger completely non functional.

Unfortunately as the primary keyholder of my pub I have to have a phone on loud to deal with the alarm company calling me in event of activations.

Thing is I haven't played with settings in a good month or two.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's an iPhone, have a look to see if you have bumped the completely pointless physical mute button on the side.

You know, the one that is replaced on Android by just turning down the volume.

The one that is not associated with any kind of on-screen notification that it is active, not even in the volume control screen.

Set out this morning to change the rear brakes on my Ibiza. First off, the wheel nuts are on gorilla tight. It took me standing on my wheel brace, and then jumping to get them shifted, and I am not a small person.

Then, when taking the calliper off I manage to snap the hardline to it. Passengers side goes ok, so then a 1.50 round trip to Scunthorpe and back to pick a new hardline up - the flexi is moulded into it, thanks VW!

Then take the old snapped hardline off at the axle with literally 30 degrees of spanner movement.

Then try to fit the new hardline and find it uses an 11mm nut, not the 10mm like on the old one.

Search through all my tools for an open ended 11mm spanner, none to be found.

Ask my landlords over the road and manage to borrow one.

Get hardline changed.

Get calliper and discs and pads on.

Refill brake fluid.

Bleed rear brakes, then drive to the local petrol station to test them and use the jet wash to clean remnants of brake fluid off my car, and then wait 20 minutes whilst some other people wash down dirt bikes.

Working on *anything* is never as easy as it should be...

Cars, home DIY projects, airsoft guns, computers - anything. Every time you start a "simple job" it ends up taking four times longer than planned because of unforeseen complications encountered along the way...

Sigh.

Gone are the days when I could whip off the cylinder head off of my old Triumph Spitfire, de-coke the valves, lap them back on and re-fit it in a day. Now. I have to take the inlet manifold off of my X-Type Jag, just to change the spark plugs on the rear bank.

Absolutely covered in mozzie bites.

And my vsr was firing like *suitcase*, one minute high, then left, then low. Finally noticed that the rear lens on the scope had cone loose and was floating about all over the place. Never had that happen before.

Better keep an eye on that then in case it happens again.

I was annoyed over the weekend by an airsoft shop having a sale on, including the AUG A3 XS which I want, but my UKARA has expired do I couldn't order it.

Couldn't afford it either, so perhaps it's just as well but still annoying.

Ordered a couple of H&K AEGs from Classic Army in HK three weeks ago. Took them 4 days to get the UKARA details on the sides of the boxes and shipped, 2 days to reach the UK aaaaaand it's been 8 days 'Held for customs inspection'.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Front brakes are, yeah. Just dont snap the brake lines ;)

Todays rant:

ongoing connection problems with my internets since about April - random disconnects, no rhyme or reason for it. Sky can't find anything wrong with it. Sent a Sky engineer out who did sweet FA but changed the faceplate on the master socket.

Still no better, so organised an OpenReach engineer to come out yesterday between 1 and 6pm, as my wife is on school holidays.

Doesnt show up.

Now, mrs Tink is back at school for inset days etc etc etc and guess what, it's september in a day so no holiday from the garage because new registrations.

OpenReach apparently don't do weekend appointments.

I cannot take a day off work.

Mrs tink cannot take a day off work.

My internet is up and down like a whoors droors.

I am beyond unhappy. 

Archived