My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

The NHS suffers from crippling bureaucracy just like 99% of public sector areas - It's just far more noticeable due to the pressure/attention constantly cast on it (for good reason, ofc)

My mum's a performance manager, essentially she's tasked with finding inefficiencies and correcting them. *Three* of the administrators working for her (Essentially they type up notes made by the consultants following surgeries) didn't know how to copy/paste. Every time they needed to copy a document (Some of them easily multi-page, 1000 word jobbies) they would type it out again. They refused to attend a computer skills course, and it's a 6 month process to get them fired. 

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it gets imbeciles out of the system, it needs to be done. These are the people costing the country money.

If I was in charge, I'd open up the firewall to let them get on Facebook/whatever they shouldn't be doing during work hours, wait until they mess up and fire them based on something else they have no comeback to.

Yeah, they could go on sick leave.  Good luck getting a reference from me though.  I'd destroy them.  Have fun finding another job.

If sick leave was ever made public (accessible by any employer) it would cause a huge problem. Some people are genuinely on sick leave, if anyone knows of a doctor, who puts people on the sick for no reason, report the *fruitcage*. It would help end the myth that most people on the sick are faking it.

Having dealt with people who were on long term sickness, due to genuine reasons, I'm more for sickness being private.

I have a friend who used to work for royal mail, they had a lovely piece of jargon they used there.

FUKT

Failed Under Kinetic Trauma.

I do like that!

As for a mat, would love one but dont have the cash to spare. Its all going on airsoft kit for the AI500!

Edit, it wouldn't help that much as it gets charged in work vehicles more than at home usually :)

Thought about a spare battery too, but I'm guessing ripping the back off all the time will degrade its waterproofing. Swings and roundabouts!

I suppose it's too much to ask that I would like a phone that I can run for 6 months without crucial parts failing. I mean, they choose the battery capacity and charge port design...

They didn't really design the charge port, it is an international standard designed by the USB people.

Apple improved on it but the cables are dogshit.

The new USB-C has a port like lightning but a better cable, all should be good.

Realistically though, wireless charging is the way forward, no cable standards, no wearing components, no holes to mess with waterproofing.

Perfect.

You can get wireless charging car cradles, speaker pods and power banks too.  It's the future, it was Tesla's idea too so it's cool.

Yeah, should have said 'adopted the port'!

I get wireless charging, and will embrace it, but as I said, the cash isn't there right now. It's also not really a solution as such. The phone is designed to primarily be charged with a wire :)

Twice today (both while my daughter and wife where out shopping so I leave the front door unlocked) a courier has opened my front door (porch door) and threw a parcel in. First one got an ear full, but the second one happened as I was on the phone (getting info about depression, long story).

Is it just me, who thinks it's extremely ignorant, to just open a person front door, without even knocking? I'll be honest, even if they did knock, I don't want them lobbing a parcel on the floor.

Disclaimer:- there are far worse things happening in the world right now. I am in no way saying this is more important. Just annoyed and wanted to vent some keyboard warrior justice.

Twice today (both while my daughter and wife where out shopping so I leave the front door unlocked) a courier has opened my front door (porch door) and threw a parcel in. First one got an ear full, but the second one happened as I was on the phone (getting info about depression, long story).

Is it just me, who thinks it's extremely ignorant, to just open a person front door, without even knocking? I'll be honest, even if they did knock, I don't want them lobbing a parcel on the floor.

Disclaimer:- there are far worse things happening in the world right now. I am in no way saying this is more important. Just annoyed and wanted to vent some keyboard warrior justice.

I have seen ups just dropkick packages 20', lazy *fruitcage*s!

We live at number 2.

We had a package sent, which Yodel marked as delivered while I was sat in waiting for it.

Then when we went through the online chat (as they don't have a phone line) they advised us it was delivered to number 5... but number 5 two streets away.

Then the occupant of the house actually dropped it round for us. He didn't live on our street, or the one they told us it was at.

TL;DR, Yodel are *fruitcage* useless.

I once saw LOADS of weightwatchers food left outside a house. Like 5ft tall 4ft wide of boxes! God knows what was going on there. Very nickable!

Re: samsung. A few things;

Have a look at the connector and see how the 'tongue' looks. You might be able to pry it upwards.

If its not the battery its possible the power button is jammed in perma-off. Try tapping the button side on the phone and see if it frees up. If possible try with another batt and go from there.

Surely it's best left in the porch than left outside? I know we have touched on this before.  I still don't get the issue.

I was in. If they had knocked (which they hadn't) I would have answered. That's the issue. They don't knock. Parcel force knocks. Tnt knocks. Hermes never knock. The one company that sounds like a disease acts like one (my personal experience).

Ah right.  Gotcha.  It's just how they operate.  They don't knock for anyone.  Just in and out as fast as they can and onto the next job, don't want to hang around waiting for someone that might not come to the door. 

Archived