My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GameCube controller was the most comfortable up to that point. The Xbox 360's controller is still the best controller (subjective).

Need to buy more 'clothes' and I'm dreading it. You know, real clothes for normal day to day stuff. Might sneak a new fleece in (can't resist a fleece coat with Velcro on).

XB1 Elite controller is the best. Someone finally realised that human hands have *four* fingers and only one thumb each, so they put paddle buttons on the underneath, which duplicate the XYAB thumb buttons you can't use with your thumb on the right stick (where it needs to be).

It's insanely overpriced though. No controller is worth £150, and you don't even get the rechargeable battery pack included for that price (£20 extra)

*fruitcage* ME SIDEWAYS WITH AN AUGER.

Someone lost my package, and none of the three suspect parties even tries to admit it. First, there's Interparcel who *fruitcage*ed up their very simple job and put impossible building number on the shipping label, and no phone number to contact me if things go south (as they are sure to do if you put zero as the building number). Worse yet, they insisted that the package was lost without giving me any solid info like tracking numbers outside of their system. I managed to force one out of them, pointing me to the next suspect,  PostNL, who handle their customer support through Twitter and take their sweet-*albatross* time to respond. Because PostNL's tracking clearly stated that my package was sent out to Poland a week ago and coughed up a DPD tracking number, I got in touch in DPD Poland, and that before even PostNL responded with a non-answer. DPD turned out to either be staffed with obstinate jobsworths or have absolutely, abysmally, colossally, coprolithically *fruitcage*-stupid database systems, as they could neither put my phone number in nor correct the obvious error in the address without physically having the package on hand. But, all they have is an entry in their system. And finally, to add insult to injury, PostNL got back to me telling me to... ask those moronically incompetent twatwaffles from Interparcel. Who have no idea where my parcel is since last year and are very insistent that it got "lost".

Sorry to hear that. Lost in transit packages are the responsibility of the sender. But, you probably already know that and this is more about the fact your item is lost. Which sucks donkey balls (after it had been on a 24 hour walk with a heavy load on its back).

Lost my Mom at 4:24PM Eastern US. Thank you all for your kind words. It's been a hard week, and I have had some really hard weeks.

Really sorry to hear this. You've been honest and talked about your mother in a very loving and respectful way. You've done her proud. If you need to talk just send me a pm.

Sorry to hear that gunnman.

It's *suitcase*. No other way to describe it. Just properly *suitcase*. I'm not going to say losing a parent gets better with time, because that's rubbish, but you do learn to cope better.

Don't bottle feelings up. Use people who are there for you. Even if you vent on here it will help. Bottling up makes you angry and that's not good, trust me.

Don't know if this is of any help, but hope so :)

Thank you, guys. You have no idea how much these comments mean to me. I just wish I worked with you guys. I told my boss I was taking a unpaid bereavement for a a few days to let my mind rest and he told me "not to drag it out and not let it effect my job when you come back". Bastards...

Meh, as I mentioned, my buisness is a brutal one. Sadly, it's not the worst thing they said to me. I was hoping for some compassion, but I am not too shocked they treat me this way.

Hopefully this is going to be it, for a while atleast. Other people need to use this thread, not just me.

we don't have an allocation on misery, buddy. in fact, i'd say probably a good 70% of what is moaned about in this thread is 'first world problems', like my wisdom teeth. Yeah, it sucks, and I'm in pain, but I managed to have them surgically removed under anaesthetic by a highly trained team of professionals, was given great aftercare and have had no complications, all at zero cost (excluding taxes, obviously).

When somebody dies it kind of all puts into perspective what whiny little bitches we all are sometimes.

Feel free to ramble on, like anyone else, I'm here if you need to chat/vent/whatever.

Despite my attempts, PostNL remains unhelpful and says that the parcel is lost because it's lost.

Wrote to the seller that we're boned anyway and he can try sending another one through InPost. Maybe it's gonna be slow, but what could you want for a tenner?

Archived