My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this lad will stretch anything you give him. He once managed to stretch a stock spot check out for 3 hours. It was only 20 lines of stock, and it's only ever low volumes so its not like he'll be counting a thousand fittings per line.

I've lost count of the amount of times he's been told to take his headphones out.

you teach pongo's how to drive and maintain diggers.

outside.

I'd be very surprised if you had to locate and modify resources on how phonemes work, number bonds to ten and multiplying and dividing fractions. 

Wasn't intending to come accords quite as moodily as that did.

No worries.

However, what is teaching? Why shouldn't teachers make use of technology to make their job easier? I don't use microfiche in my job any more as the parts catalogues are all digital now, does that mean I'm not really parts-man-ing? (intentionally playing devils advocate)

I also teach Key Skills Maths, English and IT with nothing but a white board and some dubious photocopies.

Also, no, no you are not.  You should be able to pick up a phone and manually call an ISP then connect to the modem by making the noises with your mouth.

You should then be able to check email and make parts orders by ear.

I agree that IT is important but WiFi is not.

All cables, all the time, more secure.

I cry every time I get an email from myherpes saying they are delivering something. Yodel are a dream in comparison...

I got two missed delivery cards before realising that the driver crossing out every single option was actually his idea of ticks and it was saying it has to be delivered to my address not a neighbour, and needs a signature. So I went back online and set it to deliver to work, got a confirmation too, that was Thursday.

Nothing arrived Friday, then Sunday it changed to say they were sorry they couldn't send it out for delivery on Friday. So I used their online chat, and was assured it would be delivered Monday. Nope, so then I was assured it would be delivered today. Nope. What's the chances of it arriving tomorrow?

They have delivered no problem a few times, but the local driver now refuses to come to my house after I found he had scaled a fence and I caught him wandering round my enclosed garden. I was home alone, had no idea who he was and I suggested in no uncertain terms he leave quickly.

He would have scared the out of my wife if she was home alone, it was well out of order.

We had accessible safe places for parcel drops, and I still think he was a dodgy *fruitcage* who was casing the place.

Also, the complaint I sent in was laughed off, their customer service is a joke. I ended up posting it on their Facebook page. Daily. Got blocked.

You might have got more mileage from sending it to the local paper.

Interestingly - the one time I had a problem may well be responsible for them altering the wording of their rules to specifically exclude RIFs.

I'd sent a shotgun to someone and it was damaged in transit. I mean seriously *fruitcage*ed up, looked like someone had backed a van over it.

When I tried to claim on the included insurance, they said that firearms weren't covered.

I painstakingly explained the difference between a firearm and an airsoft RIF, cited their own terms & conditions to them chapter and verse and threatened them with legal action.

They paid up. I was mildly surprised.

The very next day, new terms and conditions were emailed out and put up on their website, which specially mention replica firearms.

So sorry about that, guys...

Disappointed in the 25-30 yo female dating pool again. Call themselves adventurous and get bored when you mention you do your own construction and thus have no time/energy for much hobbies but don't have sh*t to say themselves.

Does emancipation mean 'grab the best you can even if your just a pretty empy barrel yourself' these days?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Lovely weather all day when I'm sitting at work. But when I'm about to go home, a *fruitcage* MONSOON happens. Not to mention that it was raining SIDEWAYS five minutes ago.

Of course when I checked weather.com in the morning, there was no word about rain, so I didn't take my umbrella.

Disappointed in the 25-30 yo female dating pool again. Call themselves adventurous and get bored when you mention you do your own construction and thus have no time/energy for much hobbies but don't have sh*t to say themselves.

Does emancipation mean 'grab the best you can even if your just a pretty empy barrel yourself' these days?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Don't give up, change the way you play the game.

I find that connecting with people through the 'dating' scene tends to just result in a date with someone who's only commonality with you is that they are single and looking for someone.

Go and do things that you like - rock climbing, football, visiting museums - go join a facebook group of local enthusiasts and chat to people when you're there. You'll be a lot more likely to find someone who will:

1) Have enough of a personality to go out and do something - rock climbing, football, visiting museums

2) Have a common point of interest with you

I met my current girlfriend at a social meet for a local comedy club thing. She moved in 3 months ago and she's been Airsofting since June of last year. I really couldn't be happier - the rest of my life is a shambles right now but at least there's one thing working out.

What he said.

Lovely weather all day when I'm sitting at work. But when I'm about to go home, a *fruitcage* MONSOON happens. Not to mention that it was raining SIDEWAYS five minutes ago.

Of course when I checked weather.com in the morning, there was no word about rain, so I didn't take my umbrella.

Umbrella is no good for sideways rain.

You are better off.

Archived