1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but WA state themselves that you should use .25's with the new fixed hop-up system, and every WA I have EVER shot gets better accuracy with .25's.

It is a well-known fact that WA hopup is too much for .2's, either your gun has been worn in enough to have lowered the effect the hopup has on the bb's or your gun is special.

Also, Not all stock WA's can handle abbey, SCW2 actually seem to be able to handle it easily, Green too, but of the SCW3 guns I've tried they don't seem to like it too much.

thanks.

Im not doubting you will get better accuracy with .25's but im just saying that my WA V3 was reasonably accurate on .2's much to my suprise to be honest.

As for the hop being damaged the gun has put no more than 200 rounds through it max.

I was told by the shop that the slide on the GSR 1911 needed abbey as it was a bit heavier than the regular 1911 variants. Will have to look at what gas to use in the regular 1911's as i want another one for my collection.

Ill take some figure 8 targets up to the site on this saturday coming and rattle of some different BB's if anyones interested. No doubt someone will have .25's for me to steal :D

i'd been interested to see the results mate. i'll get some tests done myself with some targets too and post them this week.

firing it today at firefight reading with green and 0.25s and was so happy with it. the bb's were just flying so straight for such a ridiculous distance. no dipping no upcurve just straight down the middle so to speak. i was struggling to see the maximum range cos it was that far away.

BEST HOP UP I'VE EVER USED. GOD BLESS WESTERN ARMS.

cheers

chris

what version you got pal?? Ive finally managed to repair the hop on my MEU (gunsmith must have made a booboo when i got it upgraded) so will be tweaking that on saturday as well. Only down side is that up here in Scotland its now *fruitcage* cold and this will no doubt mean its time to break out the P90 again!

Edited by mr eagle

Whee, more noob questions that don't quite merit their own thread.... having another go at getting some parts together for my pistol.

gsms226t.jpg

Will that there slide fit onto a standard SCW2 1911? I'm just a little worried as I have no clue what the stick-thingey beneath it is...

Cheers

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how much a pair of screen authentic (with the exception of the gold inlaid dragon grips replaced by plain black ones) "Face/Off" Springfield Armory 1911-A1 V12's from the Springfield custom shop would set you back? I know btw.

Edited by hitmanNo2

i was under the impression the pistols wobble around all over the place if they are tac light holsters used without a tac light. i hope i am wrong for your sake but i looked into doing the same thing for my kimber warrior and was told by many a company that the pistol would fit but would moved around all over the place.

cheers

chris

Homage to MGS3 and Phoenix 360

My take on the MGS3 .45

The start of a looong project

post-12545-1164380054_thumb.jpg

The {almost} finished result

post-12545-1164379735_thumb.jpg

Excuse shiete picture's (phone)

Still in progress, since the picture I have got the long narrow slide stop lever on there

Fitted some Novak sites (had to hack the dovetail to fit the SD slide)

I also had to heavily modify the grip safety to fit the ring hammer, many hours of dremel, file, sand then test & repeat

Got some Wood grips on the way and also some threaded barrells

Just trying to source a flat hammer spring housing and I'm done :)

Edited by Sao

some git by the name of n00b3r asked me to post this as his accounts been deleted or some *beep*

Letsrock.jpg

it looks like all my hard work and effort has been blown to *beep* to make a truely unique gun, now everyones doing it, at least im the only one with 2 tho, so HA!

edit, *fruitcage* it, im going out to get the chambers engraved with "first" and "secind" tomorow so no one get confused between my origionals and everyone else's copies :P

Edited by phoenix360mute