1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know. .I'm not a big fan with the WE 1911s. . but yours look pretty nice. .Buy some real or WA Wilson grips for it just spicen things up.

shoot. . look into some CNC engraving. . do some Wilson trademarks or whatever. I can have it CNC engraved for about $60/hr with a min of 1 hr time. But yeah.

I think I'm going to have to invest into one of the railframed WEs.

Thanks. The WE 1911s can be finicky, but most of the issues are easily fixed through maintenance and lots of lubrication. I'll possibly look into some nicer grips later on. As for the engraving, I'd rather get my M4's metal receiver engraved first before the slide on the 1911, but I don't have an engraver near by where I'm at.

As for this particular 1911, it's not bad for it's price. As I stated earlier though, maintenance and thorough lubing is required in order to keep this gun working smoothly (IE: Slide lock).

but yours look pretty nice.  .Buy some real or WA Wilson grips for it just spicen things up.

yarr

*shameless plug* like the ones in my sig :P

but seriously, that OD came out really nice on it!

If the metal on the trigger is somewhat decent, might want to try and sand/polish it.... or with your mad painting skills (M4 ;) ) try painting it silver!

also, hurray! i found the exact same grips that numpty should have sent instead of the punisher grips :D

yarr

*shameless plug* like the ones in my sig  :P

but seriously, that OD came out really nice on it!

If the metal on the trigger is somewhat decent, might want to try and sand/polish it.... or with your mad painting skills (M4  ;) ) try painting it silver!

also, hurray! i found the exact same grips that numpty should have sent instead of the punisher grips  :D

Thanks! I think I'll keep the trigger black for the time being.

Thomasw, beautiful pics of that gov 1911! Here's a tip (since we both own WEs, might as well share it), make sure you lubricate the gun often (moving parts, etc), especially the rear end of the slide lock. A lot of people had problems with the slide lock, and it can be mostly alleviated with silicone oil so it'll have freer movement upwards when the mag's empty.

Alright, last set of pictures (unless something drastic changes).

"Wilson" styled 1911 with wooden grips instead of the tan I had earlier (I have 2 sets of grips). A lot of the Wilsons with OD lowers had wood grips, so I had to slap these on there.

angleoppvb3.jpg

anglesidelu5.jpg

gripcomparisonoh0.jpg

I've been keeping the mags lubed real good, using the propane adapter. I got 2 new cans of lube with my order, so I'll make sure to keep it working smooth. My teammate is going to polish some of the internals for me, so they will never need to be lubed. He is a big of a pistol expert...hehe. (The Jack Bauer 2 tone p226 and Jack Bauer USPc are his that hes posted)

He told me to run on propane I need a new recoil spring though, so the slide does not break. I'll see how long it goes, haha.

Just got a pair of J-Armory Springfield FBI Special Bureaus. Now I can carry on with my V12's :D

Couldn't be arsed to take some arty farty pics as I couldn't wait to take them apart.

dsc00816rrr9.jpg

dsc00817rys8.jpg