1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the wilson combat professional has a full size frame.

the wilsonb combat tactical supergrade compact & stealth defense system have the smaller sized frame.

your right, i've got one of the buggers and i still can't remember what it's called!

I got the grips at the local gunshop. They were about $50 and came with screws and frame inserts.

Here is the only pic I have of their original color:

20060518soft012pn5.jpg

I probably have the packaging still (I think I do) and could post up the name of the company later...

but, next time I need .45 grips, I think I'll try out here:

http://www.alumagrips.com/main.taf?p=0

well, i finally did it :) i ordered the shooters design duo tone slide for my compact

3x hooray ! :D

Now i had a design made up for some custom grips for my SVI, but i've decided to get the grips for this one. Do you think i should still go with ivory ones, or something woodlike to go with the duo tone slide?

Edited by sturgis
i think tactical black would suit the gun better than either ivory or wood actually

hehehe, not a chance of anything tactical with this design on them

i started thinking that a light brown wood would be nice with the duo tone, then again the ivory one would set off better against the black frame...

aah decisions.. :P

Edited by sturgis
...and the added satisfaction of dying baby elephants on your gun :devil: I'd buy that for a dollar :D

hey hey hey hey heeeey now......

if you would care to look deeper in this thread, you would not only see the design, BUT more importantly, that these are FAKE ivory grips !

polymer based grips to be exact...

Like i would want some innocent animal being killed just so i can be a twat with a fancy pistol...meh i resent that :angry:

Edited by sturgis

Actually I was totally not joking, I myself have a bed carved from Orca spines replete with Elephant's feet legs ... ;)

Yes I was joking Sturgis, don't worry. I wasn't poking fun at the concept of using Ivory either, in all seriousness I do have some antiques with Ivory components, its not something I can affect now so hey, why not appreciate it.

ok, sorry, might of flew bit fast of the handle there....

while i can appreciate real ivory gun grips on a nice piece, it's not something i would actively strive for, the fake ones look very nice aswell, and atleast nothing had to die for them imho...

Edited by sturgis

as promised, heres some pics i took earlier.

first, by bob chow specialy, wth a silencer

gallery_16094_840_175948.jpg

gallery_16094_840_104460.jpg

gallery_16094_840_194104.jpg

and now for my, ever so nearly completed, metal gear solid 3 1911-a1 project

gallery_16094_840_9518.jpg

gallery_16094_840_60200.jpg

gallery_16094_840_183803.jpg

gallery_16094_840_339451.jpg

gallery_16094_840_152358.jpg

the only down side is that i am thinking of selling the bob chow :( i want to gain funds to make MGS 1911-a1 duelies.

but just to let everyone know, the onlything unfinished about the 1911, is that i need to dremel the grip safety to accomodate a larger ring hammer, and it need some paint work to clean it up abit, enjoy everyone

EDIT: oh and evansy, you think you ready for some solid snake action, think again :P

Edited by phoenix360mute

the supressor he had, you cant buy, it was rounded off at the end facing the barrel, and was about the same length as mine, in order not to give my gun cycling problems, i had to get a light weight sillencer aswell, so i went with the laylax slim suppressor, it was a good compromise, hell, even the short suppressors give 1911's cycling problems, ask catman, he knows all about it :D