1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magwells, grips, grip screws :P, barrel bushing, grip safety, plunger pins and spring, rails, recoil plug, hammer spring, some pins, hammer strut... I think I left a few parts out.

cool :)

on a different note, a bit earlier i took of the magwell from my compact and wanted to remove the grips (just to see how the the frme was set up..

BUT i can't get the bottom gripscrews off !

the top ones come of without a problem, but the bottom ones don't, i can just keep turning them around, and looking into the magwell, i can see the coper thing moving when i turn the screw :(

am i missing something or is this busted?

######, now i have a rattle inside the gun aswell !

on the right frame, where you have the silver thingie that connect to the trigger, well on the left side of the frame there is a little silver plate aswell, surely this is not meant to be loose?

IM000348sm.JPG

you will get a rattle when the gun is completly un-lubed, just give it a quick spray of gun lube, then fire a few shots, it will be fine

as for the grip scres, i put my finger on the metal thing in the frame, by putting my finger in the magwell, to hold it in place whilst i take the screw out, hope that helps

No, that' only for the full metal kits... Sturgis, take a knife and pry out the screw, the copper thing will follow...you stripped the plastic around that copper thread retaining thingy...

Took some pics of my Kimber

th_Kimber024Large.jpg

th_Kimber020Large.jpg

th_Kimber008Large.jpg

th_Kimber004Large.jpg

Base gun was SCW1 Wilson CQB. Later I changed the firing pin system to SCW2. Parts:

Prime metal kit

Guarder 150% springs

CP steel hammer

CP Custom hammer strut

PGC SCW2 firing pin

CATS Hyper floating valve

SD loading nozzle spring

Sheriff LRB

Guarder Barsto chamber

Guarder outer barrel

GnG barrel lock

GnG barrel bushing

CP steel slide stop

RS Kimber grips

Base gun was SCW1 Wilson CQB. Later I changed the firing pin system to SCW2. Parts:

Prime metal kit

Guarder 150% springs

CP steel hammer

CP Custom hammer strut

PGC SCW2 firing pin

CATS Hyper floating valve

SD loading nozzle spring

Sheriff LRB

Guarder Barsto chamber

Guarder outer barrel

GnG barrel lock

GnG barrel bushing

CP steel slide stop

RS Kimber grips

I picked up a CP blow back chamber, and its shyte, the hole is not drilled deep enough to let the loading nozzle unit return all the way and let the slide rest in its proper postition. That also causes the barrel/hop/recoil rod to stick too far out of the front of the slide to put the barrel bushing on.

Have any of you guys used one of theses? and gotten it to work?

I tryed it with a stock WA nozzle, and with my Airsoft shooter nozzle, neither one worked. so i put the stock breech back in, even those its so worn it doesnt hit the disconector and the gun spews gas all over the place if i dont hold the mag in just right. and it double feeds like a mutha anyone got a fix for that?

Anyone know where i can get a black metal slide for a combat para ord that takes a novak sight and is for a magna gun? the slide doesnt even have to say para on it, at this point i just want the thing to work.

Edited by primussucks

m1911.JPG

m1911_01.JPG

My brand new TM M1911A1 GBB, waiting for a PGC metal kit to come out :)

m1911_guts.JPG

Yes, it's a copy of the hi-capa, and shoots like it as well! Chronoed mine at 85mps with 0,2g BBs and green gas. Range is a massive 60 meters and man-sized targets are possible to hit at 50m with ease. I'm in love!

m1911_seam.JPG

Marui have really gotten their act together with this one. This is the most prominent seam on the gun!

m1911_trades.JPG

The trades are beautiful! Shame about the plastic :)