1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and now for my, ever so nearly completed, metal gear solid 3 1911-a1 project

gallery_16094_840_9518.jpg

ooo, real nice phoenix !

Love how the duotone slide goes with the frame, i just hope mine will looks as good on black as yours does !

not to sure on the lenght of the silencer, no idea how it is in the games, but i think something just a little shorter would look better.

Here's my new kimber. and my first and last purchase from Airsoft Global.

Happily enough, as well as sending me the wrong gun entirely.. it seems to have come with some free wear and tear chucked in! :angry:

So far I've noticed some speckling and dents on the metal parts, and scratches on the slide.. Another thing that has got to me is the outer barrel is extremely worn.. scratches all the way down it as well as some kind of dirt..

Obviously they didn't have the TLE II in stock, just like all the other HK retailers, but instead of letting me know that, they sent me the railed version, with all the damage thrown in, happy days.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

hbc.

Oh and phoenix, nice MGS3 1911, but I'm going to be really anal and say, you need to file the bottom of the trigger guard for a higher grip and cutout the forward left hand part of the grip, to hold a knife at the same time to be totally accurate ;) Your silencer looks to be the right length, but way too thin.

But anyway, nice job :)

You can return it, you should get creidt for the shipping too. I've chatted to Kimry at AG plenty and although I haven't been sent the wrong item, I did have a mashup of items they didn't have and they were really helpful - but I was super-uber-polite-and-relaxed about it.

If you really want to accept an incorrect product and fell a bit narked, then fine if it wont bother you too much.

If you know what you want and that ain't it, then return it and get something else, either now or at a later date, and get something you know that you DO want. Thats my theory anyhow :)

If you tell them why you are unhappy and what other stores would do for you (GnG will store-credit you for return shipping on faulty guns, hell, I've even returned guns that were absolutely fine, but through my own ignorance I believed to be cream-crackered! (the Marushin CZ75 Non-BlowBack springs to mind :rolleyes: ) and be polite but firmly disappointed about it, they'll do right by you I'm sure of it.

Sorry; my opinion on returning guns seems to have sprung forth in all its glory for some reason :P Meh. Must be the weather.

On a more topic-based line; I have a quote sitting by for a WA SW1911 DX in some dual-tone config with a totally flat trigger - any thoughts or anything anyone knows about that (horror stories would be welcome at this point i.e. before I buy it :lol: )

Oh and Phoenix, that is a good job of work there, I've never even played MGS but it looks very cool for a home-custom :D