US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have another quick question, which colour of tan/khaki, black and OD is most accurate/common on NVG mount retention straps? I was thinking tan/khaki as it will be going on a helmet with a woodland MARPAT cover, and sometimes no cover and just tan.

Thanks.

Go with a Norotos mount instead, mate. G&P do a replica.

Interesting how few 2002s there are about... I've got the Ebaybanned one incoming, then I'm going to buy his MICH 2000 + 2x NVG mounts ( Wilcox and Norotos copies) deal, wack the Norotos on the 2002, then goggle straps ( no goggles, I use glasses), bit of OD velcro ( my 2002 is the OD one, for my team loadout). Not gonna bother with the arm, just mount for cool factor.

Yeah I wanted to because that's accurate for my FR loadout, but I just can't find the damn things in Black anywhere. I have considered that bundle pack from ebanned which includes a Norotos replica...

Guys N Guns do the G&P replica in black and tan for around 40 quid ex. postage & VAT

Interesting how few 2002s there are about... I've got the Ebaybanned one incoming, then I'm going to buy his MICH 2000 + 2x NVG mounts ( Wilcox and Norotos copies) deal, wack the Norotos on the 2002, then goggle straps ( no goggles, I use glasses), bit of OD velcro ( my 2002 is the OD one, for my team loadout). Not gonna bother with the arm, just mount for cool factor.

Interestingly enough I was going to do something simmilar, do you reckon you could gives us a shout on the quality of the norotos, The ACM Rhino was good enough, but I wasn't sure if it was worth shelling that little extra on the G&P Norotos instead... thanks

Will do mate. Ebaybanned are pretty trustworthy, and I know someone on ASCUK asked about compatibilty with rhino arms ( talking of which, where'd you get ACM Rhino Arms from? Never seen em!) and whatnot and Paul said the Norotos is good quality, and can happily hold the real ones nice and secure.

With the prices at Ebaybanned, I'm pretty much going " What have I got to lose?". £75 for two helmets, two NVG mounts, a Crye copy helmet cover, and posted! *fruitcage*in' A!

Will do mate. Ebaybanned are pretty trustworthy, and I know someone on ASCUK asked about compatibilty with rhino arms ( talking of which, where'd you get ACM Rhino Arms from? Never seen em!) and whatnot and Paul said the Norotos is good quality, and can happily hold the real ones nice and secure.

With the prices at Ebaybanned, I'm pretty much going " What have I got to lose?". £75 for two helmets, two NVG mounts, a Crye copy helmet cover, and posted! *fruitcage*in' A!

Ah my bad i didn't mean the RHINO arm i meant the mount <_< any yeah all my dealings with them are pretty good too, just need to sell the MC cover since i don't need it...

And thanks for the help... and hell it beats shelling £400+ on a real norotos, or even £40 fow the G&P

Wahey! My Ebaybanned OD MICH 2002 turned up... do all MICHs have surface texture that is like sandpaper?

The pads are quite good, soft memory foam and all that, the straps are ok, except I had to fiddle around a bit to stop the helmet sitting squiffy ( it pointed about 10 degrees to my right). I would put a picture up, but I have super long ginger hair atm, and although I can tuck it into my PASGT, the MICH straps make that impossible, so you'll end up with a picture of ginger hair sticking out of a MICH.

Definetely needs a OD/Foliage Green retention system though, black is just lame. Also desperately wants pimping, so next batch of money that comes in, I'm getting the Ebaybanned deal, which awesomely, includes two NVG mounts ( no arms), a Norotos and a Wilcox, as well as a MICH 2000.

Forgot to post my extra NVG mount for my MICH-2001... (current mount on MICH-2001 is going to be moved to my PASGT)

IMG_0534.jpg

well, if they are in the states...where are you? Philippines? Is UC already on Spring Break?

I've haven't been in school for awhile d00d... I left after first quarter ^_^.