SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, i just noticied no one has replaced the older A1 style handguard (foregrip) on there SA80A2 with a new A2 style grip. Well let me tell ya, i just so happened to get my sticky little mitts on 1 while away with the TA. No one claimed it so the colour sergeant i reported the find to said i could keep it, (seeing as he is my detachments colour he knows i have an SA80 airsoft gun) i'll get pics of its wrapper it was in, and the grip its self, because its real steel it needs a few minor mods to it to get it to fit so if you want, when i get the chance i'll post up the guide on how to fit it.

Grim

Hey all, i just noticied no one has replaced the older A1 style handguard (foregrip) on there SA80A2 with a new A2 style grip. Well let me tell ya, i just so happened to get my sticky little mitts on 1 while away with the TA. No one claimed it so the colour sergeant i reported the find to said i could keep it, (seeing as he is my detachments colour he knows i have an SA80 airsoft gun) i'll get pics of its wrapper it was in, and the grip its self, because its real steel it needs a few minor mods to it to get it to fit so if you want, when i get the chance i'll post up the guide on how to fit it.

Grim

Already done! You'll need to open up the slot on the back of the foregrip, and the slot for the sling loop.

Next problem is the battery, you'll need to put a connector in between the two parts of the L85 battery,

then put the small part of the batt through the front panel on the foregrip and the large part of the batt as usual, and connect the two pieces together.

I couldn't be bothered in the end, so I put the foregrip in a draw and left it.

Oh well looks like King P90 beat me to it lol. Do you guys still want me to post the pics up as reference on here or not (unless king P90 already has done that to lol) thanks for the info on the connector as well i guess i would have only noticed that after hacking up the grip to fit.

king P90, Did you remove the inner steel piece as well like i have to make some room, or not? And what about the bits that poke out of the back and cover the screws of the star AEG did you file the RS bitss down so they slide on?

After getting a close up of the new A2s i have noticed quite a few inaccuracies on the STAR A2 like the gas plug etc. oh well lol.

Grim

well, i swear i just posted how to do it... but here goes again

take the sling, and fit it together. take the plain end (male i think) and feed it through the front sling loop from the barrel towards the butt. then feed it through the end of the quick release (q-r) buckle. then feed it through the d-ring. now, take the end that uve fed through a lot, and pass it along the length of the rifle, towards the butt. then feed it through the rear-sling loop.

then, take both ends of the sling, and feed the plain end through the buckle on the end that should have a loop on it. feed it from the bottom, and fold it over, and back out thru the top.

that should be it. then, press the q-r buckle in order to test it. *Warning* if you have fitted the sling incorrectly, or if ive just spouted a load of ######, the rifle could drop on the floor. be prepared for this.

if it is fitted correctly, then the rifle shouldnt fall completely, and 1/2 of the q-r buckle should slide to the butt-end of the rifle

*End of Warning*

i hope this helps, as it was done from memory!!

Ah you're right about the real ones.

It is a BFA that last pic is inside bedford you can see my webbing hanging up behind me!

I'd love some good outdoors pics, i have one good one, may take me while to find, i'm always too busy shooting at peopel to take pics normally!

shootingtoday.jpg

teamamte with SAW in the background. Note my slack drills and unfastend pouch!

CNV00023.jpg

Before i got my susat