Silenced Guns Picture Thread

I really want to get a dual silenced pistol combo going but im having trouble deciding which guns look best, and which silencers suit.

Id love to see what people have got to help me make my mind up:)

of course, theres no harm in people posting silenced rifles and smg's of course *drool* ;)

hbc.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hussssh....Puppy Mk22 Mod0 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see Ivan, when use suppressor like me you never hesitate of shooting for fear of running out of gas.

Ivan special

Posted Images

actually non blowback gas guns (nbb) would be the quieter pistol as compared to a blowback- and a silencer would help dampen the noise, sometimes to a great degree but don't expect any type of james bond noise.

so go for a nbb

Edited by AGuy

would silencers be more effective if the silencer was completetly hollow, meaning the silencer was just a metal or plastic shell, for some reason i have the assumption that this way it would make any gun sound completely different

Edited by Tunershark
would silencers be more effective if the silencer was completetly hollow, meaning the silencer was just a metal or plastic shell, for some reason i have the assumption that this way it would make any gun sound completely different

Without the foam inserts silencers make the muzzle report a louder echoed sound. Silencers that dont have a sound dampening material (ie foam) they tend to have a series of baffles that cancel out the sound waves.

Edited by ViciousV10s
doesnt the silencer on the glock mess with the cycling? i was gonna get one for my 19 but was advised not to.

The cycling problem has to do mainly with the type of threaded barrel you use. Currently the only available threaded barrel for the G19 is the G&G which is poorly designed and causes cycling problems. I used a Shooters Design G19 threaded barrel that is no longer available at the moment.

The larger G17/G18 models have the Guarder and Shooters Design threaded barrels available and work great.

It is possible to get yout G19 cycling properly with the G&G barrels, you jsut need to put some work into it.

I had one like this on my CA36c for a while and while it didn't make the gun any quieter, it deepened the pitch somewhat. As lower frequency sound waves are less directional than higher frequency it did, indeed, work to disguise the direction from which the shot originated (ok, that was a bit of a weird construction, grammerwise, but I think you get my point LOL ;) ). It also sounded really cool :D

I had one like this on my CA36c for a while and while it didn't make the gun any quieter, it deepened the pitch somewhat. As lower frequency sound waves are less directional than higher frequency it did, indeed, work to disguise the direction from which the shot originated (ok, that was a bit of a weird construction, grammerwise, but I think you get my point LOL ;) ).  It also sounded really cool :D

yeah, i figured itd make more of an echoed POP like vicous said, wich would sound pretty sweet, more realistic, not like a souped up sewing machine