Armourer disappeared with my guns

1st_shooter

Guys, sorry im away in Iceland at the moment, and hardly manage to get some time onto the computer at the hotel. Markus will be down there on the 16th, but Bill makes NO promises that he will be there. So if I was you, id nip down tomorrow, id grab them even if you arent playing..

Sorry I couldnt confirm this sooner.

Chris

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK I feel a bit of clafifcation in order....

Firstly I am NOT Markus Rivey-Whatshis-Name, although due to my forum handle people do often make the mistake.

I'm Mark and I am the Head Marshall for both Firefight Dover and Firefight Amherst, Although Markus has player Marshalled for me on a Adhoc basis he in NO WAY has any connection to the site and should Marcus return to any of these sites I will of course be having words with him in the strongest terms.

Furthermore in light of this thread and the others associated with it Markus will not be allowed to offer his services via MY safezones.

Those of you that know me, know that I have a passion for the sport and a level of professionalisum and service that ensures a good days gaming I will not allow anything to tarnish this reputation.

Bez is right the next game to be held is this weekend, Markus if you read this i expect you to be there with these gentlemens guns if you wish to contiune using my sites in the future.

Quoted for absolute truth. Marcus Sparcus is known by many people on here including the Dark Angels when they came and spanked the regulars in the tunnels (muchos painos). He is known as a professional player, who loves the sport and has done wonders for firefight Kent. His BBQ's at the Kent sites are now legendary. Not only that but marcus sparcus doesn't know his way around a gearbox if you gave him a map and a compass and gets others to fix his guns :D.

i think i was there at chatham 6 weeks ago. and i actually took a pic of him in his woodland RAV. and i remmeber seeing a SR showing around. when i first read this thread i thought may be got to do with something about him being a contractor being busy not in the country and all. but apprently so many poeple had bad experience with him may be he is lying afterall.

madox, are u the one in OD rav ? i was the one in 27/p flightsuit

lol Doc, though you should have met the guy. He is definitely someone of well, interesting moral virtue.

No way were you there Tef, you should have introduced yourself. Madox is ginger and usually plays in civvies or OD trousers with black webbing. Next time you're up say hi. I'm usually on the BBQ and Madox and 1st Shooter are usually near that too.

whilst is seems proven beyond doubt that he is a con artist, what something seems is not always right, and it has yet to be proved, so i'd recommend caution in splashing any pictures around with warning of a con artist for the moment until there is something more definitive. DA1's photo was not saying he was it was merely confirming whether it was the same guy

Just saying theres a 1/1000 chance you could land up in hot water :)

Cheers

Mig

There has never been anything good to come from a "linchmob" attitude. It's good that the sites he frequents know about what's been going on and can take action as they see fit. But to concur with mig_eater, its nobody's place to encourage Name-and-shame.

Good luck guys, hope you get your guns back.

I would have gotten the law involved personally, if it was one of my guns that had been taken for such a long period of time.

Hope all those involved get their guns back with all the components (both internally and externally) intact

Burglary?  :o

Not quite sure of the laws over there across the pond, but is it stealing if (IF) it is not Mr. Rivera's in the first place? He'd be dumb to press charges:

"Your Honor, he had no right taking what I worked so hard to steal, even to...return...er....oops."

jk

Not quite sure of the laws over there across the pond, but is it stealing if (IF) it is not Mr. Rivera's in the first place? He'd be dumb to press charges:

"Your Honor, he had no right taking what I worked so hard to steal, even to...return...er....oops."

jk

in British law property can be in possessed in three or more ways, and it must be tangable.

1.The actual owner in law.

2.A person who may have a proprietry right to it, Ie someone the owner has agreed to loan it to for a period of time.

3.and the person who is in physical possession of it.

Thats why (as I fully explained on page 1, and thats not a flame btw) most if not all cases like this are classed as civil disputes and not criminal matters, because its really difficult for the police to prove or disprove who the actual owner is.

Civil, County or Small claims courts would deal with these matters.

BUT.....

To remove internals and replace them with inferior products, providing that this can be proved of course, would be evidence, provided it was backed up by an expert witness statement and initial reciepts for the products. you would also be stealing if you destroyed or discarded someone elses property.

You cannot enter a building or part of a building as a tresspasser and even intend to steal, which is unfortunately what one person siad they would do.

I don't mean to sound retentive, but I'd hate to give somone like that a counter, allegation against anyone.

Now the owner of the property could attend the premises to get back his possession, and as long as no dammage or break-in was caused, you could remove your property if it was easily available to you.

However, if i were the thread starter I would contact Bill, who is the owner of the property where the workshop is, and ask his permission because he is a very reasonable man indeed.

This is all a bit hyperthetical, as the initial problem appears to be in hand.

British Law is unfortunately based upon thousands of years of common law, so it gets a bit tricky and complicated.

Archived