ICS L85!

elrey

Lol, I won't be buying an A1. What's the *fruitcage* point?

Won't go with my loadout. ;)

Edit: Quick note about ICS. I had to send my ICS MP5 back 4 times in the first year of ownership for various problems, in all honesty it was ###### barely had 4000 rounds through it total. AA offered me a brand new gun because the other was in a ###### poor state after so much postage and takedowns. Then that one had to go back twice as well, basicly I wasn't impressed with ICS.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just couldn't give a damn.

I mean, seriously. For everyone out there whos wanted an affordable british rifle, why the hell would they suddenly start throwing a hissy fit because ICS are building an a1?

its like George Washington saying "we might want democracy, but not if it means the women and the black guys get the vote!" I mean, really!

oh, wait...

You are talking out of your *albatross*.  -1

Strong words, especially for someone who knows nothing about me or my experience.

I worked in an airsoft shop when the ICS M4 came out... We sold 6 of them, and 5 of them came back for repairs within a month of purchase! I've also worked as the head of chrono and/or weapons safety for several very large US airsoft OPs (300-600 people per event) and have seen a number of problems with ICS guns during those events (mostly their MP5s, but also some M4s).

Say I'm talking out my *albatross* all you want, but that doesn't make it even remotely true.

Sounds like ICS may have finally gotten their sh*t together - but it's taken them damned near a decade a do so. I commend them on their efforts to develop new and innovative designs, but with their track record I will not purchase their products, nor can I recommend them in good conscience.

What are they external differences between the two versions?

Surely it won't be hard to change the charging handle and one or two other things.

Different cocking handle

Different trigger

(These ones dont really matter that much)

No guard on the mag release (this one does). When you shoulder the rifle it often depresses the mag release and just dumps it. This will get a real pain for airsofters. The army resorted to wleding bits of steel on the receiver to stop it happening ;)

This would be an interesting move by ICS considering that STAR already has an L85 out and G&G is about to release an L85.

I happen to own both an ICS (ICS M4) and a STAR (L85A2) rifle and from personal user experience my ICS with its internals has been great with about 8000 bb's through it with no problem on stock internals and numerous external upgrades. Also the two part mech box in my opinion for the M4 was an awesome idea allowing the upper to be easily replaced also allowing work done on the lower mech box with the gears to be much easier, the spring release/forward assist knob was also nice to release the spring tension when stored…

With the new ICS M4 model coming out it seems ICS is defiantly improving on a lot of the weak parts of their ICS line, Teflon bushings are now replaced with steal ones, an improved motor is included, etc…

Now my STAR L85 on the other hand has had numerous internal issues, first the motor (which many people have reported issues with) died shortly after purchasing it, and I had to replace it with a TM EG1000, also the screws for the mech box have started to strip. But on the other hand the external body, details, and realistic weight is awesome!

I think if ICS can pull an L85 with good working internals, nice externals and a much cheaper price then the STAR model many people will purchase this. A lot of people held off on the STAR model because of the price, which I do agree is steep considering some of the internal issues.

You're right, I haven't... Because I've had to repair far too many of them, and have seen them break internals in as little as a single hi-cap worth of use. ICS uses extremely cheap and brittle polycarbonate parts, and their QC is sh*te!

I've seen way too many serious problems with ICS guns to ever waste my money on such a gamble.

I'm glad you got lucky and got a good one, but believe me - that's the exception rather than the rule.

The flood of L85's comith. Well I might have to put my MG36 project on hold to buy either a G&G or ICS L85.

I have an ICS MP5SD5 and I have put over 15K rounds through not so much as a jam.

and the A1 charging handle is cooler than the A2.

I'm not sure how a ###### looking cocking handle that causes jams is cooler, but meh.

I'm still going for G&G - if it's a lemon out of the box G&G might just send me a new gearbox - which I doubt ICS will do.

Same, also if the release date of this gets put back then the VCRB may have come into effect.

I wonder if ICS or G&G are going to make a quality SUSAT that isn't of STAR's quality.

Oh I can't wait to get a hold of one of these. :D

What's this an American going bananas over a British L85? For one think it is a unique from all the G36's at my sight and it is my favorite gun in Battlefield 2. Video game reference!!! :o

Different cocking handle

Different trigger

Point 1, correct, new cocking handle on the A2

Point 2, incorrect, the trigger on the A1 is EXACTLY the same as the A2.

Other than the H&K markings, that's the only difference between the 2 that would make any difference to an AEG design.

Mustresist urge to by more gear!noos!

I'd still like to see actual pictures,even if its a poor hand built proto type. At school( Purdue University) we've gone with a british load out, one of our guys had a STAR L85, however a small part cracked, he sent it in and hasent gotten it back, just emails saying that the part is on back order. I may be tempted to buy a ICS or G&G SA80 to compare them.

KM3

That 3D mock up isn't an L85A1, its an L85. The A1 had a snowcutter trigger and a shroud around the mag release to prevent mags from accidiently being released.

Isnt the A2 the one with all that stuff? I could be wrong (and probably am) :P

Isnt the A2 the one with all that stuff? I could be wrong (and probably am) :P

The A1 has everything apart from the modified cocking handle and slightly more raised guard around the mag release. The A1 had the mag release guard, it just wasn't as high and meant you could still catch the mag release from time to time.

Any one else thinking that m4 pistol would be the perfect sniper backup weapon? Witth a 450 round mag (or a decent midcap if sound is a problem), it being metal (so it wont snap on you) and having loads of kit that looks good on it, sounds perfect.

Archived