What is your prefered apocalyptic scenario?

Steve Pearson

What is your prefered apocalyptic scenario?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered apocalyptic scenario?

• World wide zombie infestation (an excuse to get the cricket bat out)
    • Nuclear armegeddon (followed by being chased by killer cyborgs)
    • Plague (no connection to zombies)
    • Alien invasion
    • Global uprising against the "Establishment"
    • The Gou'old (or is that Alien invasion?)
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being a revolutionary who wants to start a disciplined, well trained militia (PM me for details) I would have to go for Global Uprising.

Gee sparky, might want to check the laws in this country with regards doing that before posting it on an open forum. :rolleyes:

*coughs into mic*Testing, testing, check, check.*cough* ;)

This: Because it is so damn cool!

#

Sucked into a microscopic black hole

You will need: a microscopic black hole.

Note that black holes are not eternal, they evaporate due to Hawking radiation. For your average black hole this takes an unimaginable amount of time, but for really small ones it could happen almost instantaneously, as evaporation time is dependent on mass. Therefore your microscopic black hole must have greater than a certain threshold mass, roughly equal to the mass of Mount Everest.

Creating a microscopic black hole is tricky, since one needs a reasonable amount of neutronium, but may possibly be achievable by jamming large numbers of atomic nuclei together until they stick. This is left as an exercise to the reader.

Method: simply place your black hole on the surface of the Earth and wait. Black holes are of such high density that they pass through ordinary matter like a stone through the air. The black hole will plummet through the ground, eating its way to the centre of the Earth and all the way through to the other side: then, it'll oscillate back, over and over like a matter-absorbing pendulum. Eventually it will come to rest at the core, having absorbed enough matter to slow it down. Then you just need to wait, while it sits and consumes matter until the whole Earth is gone.

Earth's final resting place: a singularity with a radius of about nine millimetres, which will then proceed to happily orbit the Sun as normal.

Feasibility rating: 3/10. Highly, highly unlikely. But not impossible.

Comments: Getting closer!

Source: The Dark Side Of The Sun, by Terry Pratchett. It is true that the microscopic black hole idea is an age-old science fiction mainstay which predates Pratchett by a long time, he was my original source for the idea, so that's what I'm putting.

Kate Beckinsale will be exposed to nuclear waste and grow to 60 feet tall. She'll then run around the world in a latex catsuit sitting on people to kill them.. Many will probably be volunteers...

Either that or David Icke's right and we're ruled by shape-shifting lizards out to destroy us with mind rays...

Yes, quite likely, actually..

Gee sparky, might want to check the laws in this country with regards doing that before posting it on an open forum.  :rolleyes:

*coughs into mic*Testing, testing, check, check.*cough* ;)

It is quite legal, it would be no different to having an airsoft team who drill and train. I checked the legalities (uncle's a magistrate).

So it'd be okay to practise suicide bombing then? :rolleyes:

Take a look at the current anti-terror legislation.

Your intent is rather different to that of an Airsofter and the skills drilled in Airsoft are barely similar to those that you would have to use as an Insurgent or similar in a Militia.

Well, Lueshi followers will be given great power by God(Lueshi)and we'll take over the world, brain washing you all to worship him 10-20 times a day. Lueshi will then come down from his home(Mars)and will not be pleased with you, will take the true followers to the Motherland(Mars)and RTFO all the time.

The End.

:P

Forgot to say, hes gonna use his powers to throw the sun into Earth.

With the advent of nanotechnological machines, civilization will peacefully pass away in its sleep as hunger, war, and poverty, enabling man to journey among the stars, and returning society as a whole to a more agrarian state of being.

Or someone will make Grey Goo and we'll all die and become part of a giant mass of nanomachines.

That or the Borg. Only GITS-style. Done with a virus.

Well, Lueshi followers will be given great power by God(Lueshi)and we'll take over the world, brain washing you all to worship him 10-20 times a day. Lueshi will then come down from his home(Mars)and will not be pleased with you, will take the true followers to the Motherland(Mars)and RTFO all the time.

The End.

:P

Forgot to say, hes gonna use his powers to throw the sun into Earth.

So...Scientology WILL win then? :o

Jagdraben...one day I *will* go to Japan and HK and scream loudly until someone makes an airsoft version of the Appleseed Seburo C26A...I promise ;) Sexiest gun EVER!

So it'd be okay to practise suicide bombing then? :rolleyes:

Take a look at the current anti-terror legislation.

Your intent is rather different to that of an Airsofter and the skills drilled in Airsoft are barely similar to those that you would have to use as an Insurgent or similar in a Militia.

When I say militia I mean a group of civilians trained in a military manner but not allied to any nation. A suicide bomber is a coward which is the antithesis of my beliefs. I idolise the Spartan ideal only without the slaves.

"In the 21st century war was still waged over the resourses that could be aquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons. Petrolium and Urainium. For these resourses China would invade Alaska, the US would annex Cannada and the Europein commonwealth would dissolve in to quarreling, bickering nation states bent on controling the last remaining resourses on Earth. In 2077 the storm of World War had come again, in 2 breif hours most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear devestation a new civilisation would struggle to arise."

Or, failing that, zombies.

All the women in the world want to bang me. It may sound peachy, but you haven't seen the munters that live in my street. What a scenario.

Its like on Dilbert (may or may not of seen it...)

"Do you know how desperate women get in some sort of post apocalyptic nightmare?"

Archived