What is your prefered apocalyptic scenario?

Steve Pearson

What is your prefered apocalyptic scenario?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered apocalyptic scenario?

• World wide zombie infestation (an excuse to get the cricket bat out)
    • Nuclear armegeddon (followed by being chased by killer cyborgs)
    • Plague (no connection to zombies)
    • Alien invasion
    • Global uprising against the "Establishment"
    • The Gou'old (or is that Alien invasion?)
    • Other (please specify)

A big *fruitcage* comet heading our way.

Obvious solution would be to blast it to bits with nucilar weapons.

But by the time this would happen, all the nukes will be gone because there are no more wars and we've been busy hugging trees, and then the comet will kill us all.

Oh, the irony!

"Well done, liberal hippies, your peace and stuff got us all killed, yay!"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So itd be better for us all to live in a theocratic, fascistic, tyranical military dictatorship where the people are kept in line by soldiers with guns and space-borne weapons? :P (not meant to start debate, just a sarky comment ;) )

As for the nuclea scenario, as Ive said before: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Any realistic post apocalyptic scenario involving world nuclear war involving the offspring of those who survived would be most probably be fought between people with horrendous skin diseases, possibly blind, using clubs and rocks. They would be unclothed (itd hurt too much to dress), deformed, most likely with IQs well under 100. They may form up in packs for strength but for the most part these would squabble amongst themselves as desperation set in when no food could be found and cannibalism would be commonplace. And thanks to nuclear winter blocking out the sun, it would be almost pitch black. Most would die of the radiation poisoning long before they got killed for food, though.

If you can find a copy of the BBC 2-part series Threads, rent it. Its rare as hell but well worth the search. Heres a Wiki about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads

Hmm...Ill pass, thanks!

A big *fruitcage* comet heading our way.

Obvious solution would be to blast it to bits with nucilar weapons.

But by the time this would happen, all the nukes will be gone because there are no more wars and we've been busy hugging trees, and then the comet will kill us all.

Oh, the irony!

aaaactually if you blast an asteroid with a nuke it just makes MORE asteroids. they're travelling so fast there's no likelyhood that every ICBM on the planet fired at it would stop it. plus a planet killer would probebly be about the size of texas across and the same deep.... all we'd do is give it a nice tan..

i voted Alien invasion because it has all the wierdness of uber beings attacking us with the added bonus of the fun of an uprising as we fight back.

i would have voted zombies but films like dawn of the dead (2000) makes me wonder about running ones.....oh and the lack of anything like a weapon in this country.

ideal scenario. we're attacked my membrane like creatures that absorb you, they're green (obviously cause they're from outer space) but about a foot high each, they swarm you to eat/devour you and they come in their millions.

here's the good news. any small fast moving projectile can pierce their membrane and makes them deflate/die. ENTER THE AIRSOFTERS....

bugger the army we'll be hero's! keep the batts and the high caps loaded tho.

pete

(edited for crimes against the english language)

When I say militia I mean a group of civilians trained in a military manner but not allied to any nation.  A suicide bomber is a coward which is the antithesis of my beliefs.  I idolise the Spartan ideal only without the slaves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia#United_Kingdom

I've got a feeling the government of this country would be a little upset about a military trained group not allied to them within the country.

The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 2006. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Skynet fights back. It launches its missiles against the targets in Russia. Because Skynet knows the Russian counter-attack will eliminate its enemies over here.

Yeah i voted zombies

I'd like it to happen Dawn of the Dead style (the one made in 2004)

I'd probably hide out in either a mall or a Super Walmart.

But first I'd raid the local gun store or an army base.

I think Andy could've taken out all them zombies. He only tried for what a day or two?

*Looks at the zombie movie posters on the wall. the movies on the shelf and the Zombie Survival Guide in book form next to the pc.*

*Votes Zombies*

I think i'd live, i rent a first floor flat with a secure entrance. All I'd have to do i 'find' a crossbow and raid the local shops for supplies and I'd be fine.

What about everyone turning into Vampires? Much more interesting than zombies, and the ladies get to wear exciting clothing - which would be nice.

I read I Am Legend by Richard Matheson last night. Great book, but the movie would need better costumes.

By the way, I can't help noticing a lot of right wing bias here. Us lefties know how to kick *albatross* too, right my brothers and sisters? Fight the pow... er, Vampires!

Alternatively, I'd go for the Nuclear Plague Carrying Gou'old Infested Zombie Revolution From Outer Space With Killer Robots starring Jennifer Love Hewitt and me.

Scene 1: Our hero's find themselves trapped in a branch of Ann Summers...

Alternatively, I'd go for the Nuclear Plague Carrying Gou'old Infested Zombie Revolution From Outer Space With Killer Robots starring Jennifer Love Hewitt and me.

Scene 1: Our hero's find themselves trapped in a branch of Ann Summers...

Ah, Jennifer Love Hewitt, the sole redeeming point of the otherwise utterly cack Garfield movie. :D

Gotta go for zombies though. As long as they are of the slow, shambling, moaning loudly to reveal their position variety.

Nuclear war.  Why? Well I know how to deal with that, also I've got a slot in a bunker anway.

That's the attack dealt with. What about the Hellish decades afterwards, that consist of going round shooting invalids, looters & insurgents? And not being able to drink the water or grow anything.

/Sony buy the rights

Archived