• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is absolutely amazing SilentScope :|

Looks like a render on 3D Max or something it looks so perfect :o

Yeah it came out all weird looking, even though it's hardly Photoshopped. I need to like diffuse my fresnel lights or something because they are being really selective in terms of what they highlight. IDK I just posted this one because it looks "different" hehe. Thanks for the nice words guys

Edited by SilentScope
Was the auto focus giving you *beep* because it was dark?

Well it does this thing where i have to hold the camera dead still, i can't move a muscle, or it has to be lying on a surface, otherwise it won't focus or it will be really blurry.

Also, it takes the camera ages to take pictures when I'm not taking pictures with flash, but it takes pictures in a split second when I'm in natural light outside.

Confuses me :huh:

Its all about expsoure

And shutter speed, and aperture size and it suddenly all becomes a complicated world of jargon best left to those of us with SLRs :P

But basically, the darker it is, the longer the shutter needs to stay open to gather as much light as possible. This of course means that when hand held it produces a shaky image. Outside of course its brighter, so it takes much less time to gather the light, so the shutter needs to stay open for a mcuh shorter length of time.

Edited by Kipper

Not bad, NM, it's getting better at least. I always try to expose evenly, and then grade the image via photoshop. Right now your second pick is kind of muddled in terms of lighting, not dark, not light, just kinda even in tones, which is why it looks so flat.