Battlestar Galactica

Aidan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Season finale on now.

Who wants to take bets on who four of the Final Five are?

I suspect Chief Tyrol, Colonel Tigh, Sam Anders, and possibly President Roslin.

EDIT: I got three of four, anyway.... I guess I musta missed the fourth.

Anyhue.

Starbuck am bakc!!11

Dude gonna totally disagree, I loved the Bob Dylan song. Actually 8+ months to go.

This episode was pitch perfect, the way Starbuck came back, the epicness of the final pullback of the two vipers, to the fleet, to the galaxy, man that was awesome. This purely coming from me as an avid filmmaker I gotta say that just had me with goosebumps clapping my hands.

From the minute Battle Stations were called to the final frame I was on the edge of my seat, and this is coming from a guy who read the episode spoilers 2 weeks ago.

Back to the song, I loved it, it was that same weird musical choice like the Vangelis-esque song that started off another great episode i.e 2.10 (Pegasus). So I'm down, man, even though this season wasn't as strong, that was one hell of a hook for season 4.

Back to the song, I loved it, it was that same weird musical choice like the Vangelis-esque song that started off another great episode i.e 2.10 (Pegasus). So I'm down, man, even though this season wasn't as strong, that was one hell of a hook for season 4.

I think I'm still too biased about the Jimi Hendrix version being the "perennial" cover of that tune. Once the soundtrack comes out I'll give it a deeper listing too.

Overall I think this was a hell of an episode.

********I'm about to throw a spoiler so be warned everyone

two Questions:

1. Where did Starbuck get a very shinny new viper, and

2. Was their another capital ship (non cylon) inside the nebula?

For me at least Dylan > Hendrix, either way it wasn't Dylan singing that version, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bear McCreary singing it.

I'm gonna have to go through the last part on my DVR, but her viper didn't look shiny from the long shots, only in the one shot where you finally see Starbuck looking over, and that could be a lighting problem when they shot it. I'l check anyways, I also want to see how many cylons they were going up against.

Either way, 8+ months is a long way off. I really hope they don't pull a lame one on us and make it so that the 4 revealed "cylons" aren't actually cylons, if you're gonna go out go ALL OUT and stick to your guns, Ronald D Moore.

No where's that damn podcast, Ron you got some 'splainin to do!

I'd like to see some stills of Earth from that episode, so that someone smarter than I can analyze what season it is, &c. So that we can predict whether the series is set in the present, the past, or the future.

EDIT: Re: The Final Five: Isn't it obvious? The cylons are somewhat more primal. The human model Cylons are likely derived from some place else. Like an older civilization or sommat. Given that four of the Final Five had lived verifiable lives from the moment they were born to the present, I would say that it's likely that it's likely that the Final Five are very closely linked to the Cylon's religiousity and drive to become human: That they are as the scriptures claim them to be, prophets of the Cylon God.

Starbuck got a shiny Viper from Earth. In Maelstrom, she never died, but went through a wormhole to Earth. And, I don't think those four are Cylons either. I think they're closely related to Earth, not the Cylons.

Agreed, somehow me-thinks they're not cylons. Tigh is too old for this one to work out.

I love this show. I really, really love this show, but my gods, I hope Tigh is not is not a cylon.

Season 4 can't come soon enough. I can't wait to hear the explanation for *spoiler* Starbuck's return. I wonder if maybe only Lee can see her? I mean, only he saw the draedus contact... only he saw her "die" - I think there may be a major plot point going on there, and I'm not convinced that these 4 are actually cylons. I think a lot of other major plot points lose their significance if these 4 are cylons. Especially Hera and the cylon baby plot, if the Chief's baby is also a hybrid.

Or, maybe that's the whole point - maybe only a cylon who doesn't want to be a cylon can reproduce? What really constitutes a cylon anyway? Are those 4 unique or are there copies of them out there somewhere?

I've got a million theories of what's going on, as I'm sure most BSG dorks do, but personally, I think Leoben holds the key with his constantly stating "this has all happened before, and will happen again".

Just as long as they don't pull a matrix and lame it up with some lame explanation that ruins all of what's come before!

Oh and to answer your question, just re-watched the last 15 minutes, there are 4 basestars. And no there was only the fleet and the cylons, no 3rd party, liquid.

And as for the shiny viper, yep it's shiny, it's not new looking in the wider shots as it does have some wear and tear on it. Again CGI isn't always easy to do, so this might have been a lighting issue, as we normally don't see vipers being well light, mostly on black, so who knows. I'll wait till the podcast from RDM before I make up my mind.

Agreed, somehow me-thinks they're not cylons. Tigh is too old for this one to work out.

I think that Earth sent people to the 12 colonies to keep an eye on things. They're descendants of those.

Also

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yf8I3DUdNtE

Theres the last five minutes.

You realise in England there si still a load of season 3 to be aired.

If this isnt a joke I truly will hate you.

EDIT: Ok, that was a bit harsh but I've been so careful avoiding spoilers and then I just happen to click on this thread and it's the first thing to come up.

You can see why I'm annoyed.

What a finale!

I would post what I think is up, but I'll keep my mouth shut for our British companions. Regardless, two VERY different sections: the trial, and the stuff after.

Still, I think the next season is going to bevery interesting. Personally, I would like for them either to:

1. Not reach Earth

2. Reach Earth (a nice pan-shot of the fleet hovering right above our little blue home), and have series end right then and there

3. Reach Earth in the distant future, when there are no humans, or a very small group of them (Nuclear Holocaust, anyone?)

4. Reach Earth in the distant past, and be the original "humans"

If they mix our history with theirs, the show will just die.

Archived